Hydaelyn Role-Players
That New Girl in Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: That New Girl in Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=18695)

That New Girl in Balmung! - Nyx Fairclough - 02-28-2017

Hello Everyone!

Okay, so I feel like the common theme here is to introduce myself and then tell a little bit about myself! I rather like that, actually!

So, I'm Nyx ( my character is also Nyx Fairclough ingame) and I'm currently on the Balmung server. i'm currently located in Limsa Lominsa (it's where I started out) and I'm an arcanist! I'm not new to FF or RP, but I AM new to this FF. There's so much I'm still learning about the game and the functions! I'm definitely NOT new to roleplay, forum or game-based (though it has been WAY more limited in a game than in forums)! I absolutely love being in an mmo though and roleplaying. It feels way more indepth and there's more you can do! Don't get me wrong, forum roleplay allows a lot of imagination, but I enjoy an ingame roleplay way more. 

I AM currently looking for:
-In-game connections! ( Nyx is a fairly shy little witchy type. She is very opinionated, just not as outwardly as she'd like to be...yet. Perhaps I'm looking for a group that will help her get that way? )
-RP Guild( ? ) ( I'm not really sure how guilds work, as I've never really been a part of one. I understand that they're a group of people that come together under common interests and such, but is there more complexity to them? Do they have rankings? Are their guilds that host rp events? Etc. I'm still learning, so don't get grumpy if these are dumb questions please! )
-Different Clothing ( Like I said, I'm still new, so I really don't know how to go about getting better clothes/different hair. Please...for the love of god...help me with this. I can't stand my starter outfit! )

A little bit about the person behind the computer:

I'm a 911 dispatcher and I run a little store on the side in real life. So, essentially, I work two jobs. I come to the computer as a break/change of scenery sort of deal. My line of work can get extremely stressful and sometimes even unbearable, so this is basically my "safe place." I am SUPER active on here, but I also do a lot in the real world. So, most days you'll find me online in the evenings. On my off days (which are ever rotating due to the line of work I'm in) I'm likely to be on for longer periods of time! I hope to see a lot of y'all in game and play with a lot of y'all as well!

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Sylentmana - 02-28-2017

Welcome! Its nice to meet you!

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Thunderbolt300 - 02-28-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

To dive into some of your questions...

There are three different avenues you can pursue for network: a free company (guilds), linkshells (private chat channels with some guild functionality) and freelance networking (making a Making Connections post here on the RPC). There's a lot of every one of these different avenues too- including lots of particular niches. 

For example, in the case of free companies, there are FC's based around Miqo'te tribes (Shroudwolf Clan, Morbolvine Clan), there are FC's based around criminal underworld (Mischief's Coven), FC's based around treasure hunting (Azeyma's Oath), or even general research and knowledge (Guiding Light). 

As for linkshells, there's ShroudLife (for wilderness RP'ers who like to get out of the cities) and Hydaelyn Protectors (chaotic good vigilantes). 

I want to stress this is just the tip of the iceberg too- there are hundreds of groups here on the RPC, and plenty more that aren't! 

That aside, as you level and progress through the main story questline, you'll unlock the game's features including dyes and equipment appearance changing (called glamours). You'll also unlock the barber at some point too. The short of it is, if you see a quest ! that has a + next to it and it isn't "So You Want To Be A ... " then you'll want to definitely do that quest as it unlocks a game feature. You'll want to keep up with your main story questline (the quests with a flaming ring around the ! mark).

Hope this helps! And, if nothing else, you're welcome to run into Kasi sometime too. For the sake of convenience, I link a bunch of these different organizations and linkshells in my signature.

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Deahfel - 03-01-2017

Hi Nyx and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! It looks like Kasi took care of the guilds/Free company/Linkshell explanation so I will tackle what remains.

Clothing/Gear/Hair: So this will be something that you will acquire throughout the storyline as you progress in the MSQ (Main Story Quest). If you hate your starting clothes you should be able to relatively quickly get some new gear from the intro quests and vendors (I think one of the quests even forces you to update your clothing to a certain level). If you are that far along and still not finding what you like you can check out the marketboard to see what is available to you for some of that hard earned gil. If you can't afford any of that just let me know and I will see if I can weave you some arcanist clothing that doesn't look atrocious.

Unlocking haircuts comes at lvl 15 through a side quest: Beauty is Only Scalp Deep

If you have any other questions or want to RP a bit feel free to send me a tell or message on Deahfel

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Ryslo Suramlo - 03-01-2017

(02-28-2017, 12:57 PM)Nyx Fairclough Wrote: Hello Everyone!

Okay, so I feel like the common theme here is to introduce myself and then tell a little bit about myself! I rather like that, actually!

So, I'm Nyx ( my character is also Nyx Fairclough ingame) and I'm currently on the Balmung server. i'm currently located in Limsa Lominsa (it's where I started out) and I'm an arcanist! I'm not new to FF or RP, but I AM new to this FF. There's so much I'm still learning about the game and the functions! I'm definitely NOT new to roleplay, forum or game-based (though it has been WAY more limited in a game than in forums)! I absolutely love being in an mmo though and roleplaying. It feels way more indepth and there's more you can do! Don't get me wrong, forum roleplay allows a lot of imagination, but I enjoy an ingame roleplay way more. 

I AM currently looking for:
-In-game connections! ( Nyx is a fairly shy little witchy type. She is very opinionated, just not as outwardly as she'd like to be...yet. Perhaps I'm looking for a group that will help her get that way? )
-RP Guild( ? ) ( I'm not really sure how guilds work, as I've never really been a part of one. I understand that they're a group of people that come together under common interests and such, but is there more complexity to them? Do they have rankings? Are their guilds that host rp events? Etc. I'm still learning, so don't get grumpy if these are dumb questions please! )
-Different Clothing ( Like I said, I'm still new, so I really don't know how to go about getting better clothes/different hair. Please...for the love of god...help me with this. I can't stand my starter outfit! )

A little bit about the person behind the computer:

I'm a 911 dispatcher and I run a little store on the side in real life. So, essentially, I work two jobs. I come to the computer as a break/change of scenery sort of deal. My line of work can get extremely stressful and sometimes even unbearable, so this is basically my "safe place." I am SUPER active on here, but I also do a lot in the real world. So, most days you'll find me online in the evenings. On my off days (which are ever rotating due to the line of work I'm in) I'm likely to be on for longer periods of time! I hope to see a lot of y'all in game and play with a lot of y'all as well!

Welcome to the Community. I know when you first dive into this game it's like your eyes have been forced open by tweezer's or something because there is just so much thrown at you. I would love the opportunity to RP with you sometime, if you'd like you can arrange a time with me in pm's and i'll see what I can do to 'run into you' per-say to break the ice.

Free Companies, There are plenty. Many do host events internally while others host them on a grand scale for the server. Depending on what your looking for I'm certain you'll find it within the Free Company Threads here. 

You may feel free to add Ryslo Suramlo to your friends list and if any questions come up for you along the way about the game, content or what not you can send me a private message and I'll be glad to help you out. No obligations, I just think its nice to have a safety net to fall on for these sort of things. 

Anyways, Goodluck! Have fun with the game and with Balmung! I will be on Today, Thursday, Friday and Saturday after 5pm Eastern Time if you have Questions.

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Aya - 03-01-2017

Welcome to Balmung and the RPC!! Smile

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Videra - 03-01-2017

Hello there! Welcome to Balmung and the RPC, hopefully you enjoy your stay friendo!

If you run into Videra, don't hesitate to say hello! I'll always accept the offer of RP, generally speaking!

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Veyha Yanjahl - 03-01-2017

Heya! Welcome to the RPC and Balmung, you're in for a wonderful ride.

If you're looking for contacts feel free to message me, Yvenalise Tachibana in game, or shoot me a message here!

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Nyx Fairclough - 03-01-2017

Thank you all so much for being so warm and welcoming! Sometimes it's SUPER hard to find that in a roleplay community, so this is most refreshing! And thank you for all of the tips and tidbits as well! I've been playing along with the main story quest a while after this post now and have figured some more stuff out (And you guys helped me a LOT!).

I'll be sure to keep a look out for all of you in world and add you guys as well! ^^

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - ClearCubes - 03-05-2017

I'm new to RP but very well versed in FF14 itself. I started this character in Limsa so that's where you'll find me! It might be a good start for both of us in the scene if you wanted to meet up. I'll be around later tonight if your end interested. I think Nyx can bring out the more sociable aspects of Wyznwyta, he's a sucker for killing dead air to avoid silence and could probably bring Nyx out of her shell.

Just a thought

RE: That New Girl in Balmung! - Faye - 03-05-2017

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin