Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=18945)

New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - Sheepy - 03-25-2017

Hey! Most people refer to me as Sheepy, and I've been RPing around the internet for 7+ years, and I happen to enjoy it (I hope I do, otherwise it would suck to be here, haha!). I have the ability to RP in many forms, but often I take to semi-literate RPing, but I'm very prone to adjusting my RP style to my RP partners.

Even though I'm a veteran to RPing, I'm actually rather new to the RP scene on FFXIV. I've been playing on FFXIV for awhile and I have been leveling a character on Balmung for the intent to RP but I haven't gone around to doing it very much, except with a friend who is as new as I am. I'm often on Balmung during EST hours from 5 pm to 9-10 pm in the evenings.

I'll be posting general information of my character here in this post, but I'll link to you the wiki and tumblr page where you can find more detailed information for Khonrahd Ackhunleq.

---

Khonrahd was once an adventurer in Doma before being forced to flee to Eorzea from the Garlean Empire's threat - losing friends and family while battling against the Garlean Empire, where his clan was wiped and he was forced to flee along with many of the Raen, which he'd done successfully. Khonrahd now travels as a violin-playing Bard who seeks to find a new home and a new purpose to his life. On the side away from combat, he is an artist and musician with a curious and creative heart and mind. He sassy, bitter, and an emotionally repressed person that is difficult to strike up conversations with. He generally means well and attempts to do the "right" thing.

Name: Khonrahd Ackhunleq
Race: Xaela Au Ra
Name Day: Sun of the Sixth Astral Moon (November 16th)
Deity: Byregot, the Builder
Citizenship: His clan left the Othard Steppes to become adventurers in Doma.
Occupation: Travels around as a Bard and takes up art as a secondary choice.

Appearance: Khonrahd is a male Xaela Au Ra – physically represented by the black scales, horns, and tail that adorns the rest of his body. He is on average, shorter than majority of males of his kind at a height of 5'8" and is lean from constant traveling and combat. He has black hair with red streaks, as well as dark eyes with red umbra rings. His skin is the color of ivory which lacks any noticeable blemishes asides from clear scars on his back, or body hair asides from the hair on his scalp and eyebrows.

Personality: Khonrahd is rather neurotic and temperamental. He is very anxious often due to paranoia and has quite the judgmental attitude. He is quick to lash out at others due to anger management issues, and also often has quite a bitter and snarky attitude towards majority of situations and people - and surprisingly, it fits his almost permanent expression of constantly disappointed and angry. Despite the negativity that Khonrahd expresses to others upon general impression, he does care a lot about the people who have taken the time to get to know him, do him favors, or attempted to bond with him in some way or form. Despite still giving friends his general attitude, he will attempt to help and protect them - going out of his way to do so as he feels those people would do for him.

RE: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - Miakoda - 03-25-2017

Welcome to Balmung!
So- I run a Hookah Bar & Performance Lounge- so bards are needed!  I don't know if you're looking for a FC to join, but if you are you can join, or if you want a place to come do bard stuff, we throw an open mic night every Thursday.

And if you're just looking for chatting and whatnot, my character Eshea Tende is usually around and available for just chats! Smile  

Orchid 317 RPC page.

Good luck in your search!

RE: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - JudicialHunter - 03-25-2017

Hey! I'd be happy to RP with you on any of my characters! Arata and Rihxo would probably be the best fit, but whoever you'd like to see is fine!

PM me if you'd like to set something up!

RE: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - Deahfel - 03-26-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! Looks like you already have a pretty solid setup for your characters. Feel free to send me a tell or a message if you have any questions or would like to RP sometime.

Hope to see you around!

RE: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-26-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard the RPC and to the Balmung community! Thumbsup

Khon sounds pretty cool- have you chosen what kind of direction you'd like to pick to go with the character? There's a lot of community niches out there that can get you pointed in a common direction with other characters, so you can spread your wings a bit there. I know, for example, there is a pretty decent following of characters/players who tackle the 'performance' niche (which involves everything from just text-based singing, to YouTube songs, on up to sync-streaming music with syncronized dancing/emotes - it can get impressively elaborate). That's not to say it's the only niche you could tackle, either- there's everything from treasure hunters, to knowledge seekers, clans, merchant houses and even organized crime to dip your toes into. 

Regardless of where you end up, best of luck on the hunt! Feel free to toss up a Making Connections post at some point too- it'll help a whole lot if you have an idea on what Khon would be interested in, and then you can find tons of other people to RP with!

RE: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - SPNoelle - 03-26-2017

Ooh bards. Bards are cool Big Grin 

Welcome to Balmung! The people are super nice, I look forward to someday having my girl come across your bard as he's telling stories someday.

RE: New to FFXIV RP on Balmung! - Sheepy - 03-26-2017

(03-25-2017, 10:29 PM)Miakoda Wrote: Welcome to Balmung!
So- I run a Hookah Bar & Performance Lounge- so bards are needed!  I don't know if you're looking for a FC to join, but if you are you can join, or if you want a place to come do bard stuff, we throw an open mic night every Thursday.

And if you're just looking for chatting and whatnot, my character Eshea Tende is usually around and available for just chats! Smile  

Orchid 317 RPC page.

Good luck in your search!

Unfortunately the FC that I'm currently in is a big friend group of mine, and I feel inclined to stay because they're friends (even if they don't RP that much, haha). But this is definitely something I will have to check out at some point! Thank you!

(03-26-2017, 12:45 PM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard the RPC and to the Balmung community! Thumbsup

Khon sounds pretty cool- have you chosen what kind of direction you'd like to pick to go with the character? There's a lot of community niches out there that can get you pointed in a common direction with other characters, so you can spread your wings a bit there. I know, for example, there is a pretty decent following of characters/players who tackle the 'performance' niche (which involves everything from just text-based singing, to YouTube songs, on up to sync-streaming music with syncronized dancing/emotes - it can get impressively elaborate). That's not to say it's the only niche you could tackle, either- there's everything from treasure hunters, to knowledge seekers, clans, merchant houses and even organized crime to dip your toes into. 

Regardless of where you end up, best of luck on the hunt! Feel free to toss up a Making Connections post at some point too- it'll help a whole lot if you have an idea on what Khon would be interested in, and then you can find tons of other people to RP with!

On Khonrahd's wiki page, I have a list of songs with Youtube links (they are all violin covers, to add to the fact that the instrument he plays primarily is a violin) that people and myself can reference to when interacting with Khonrahd. Initially I plan to interact with people on the basis that he is a musical performer who has the ability to play the violin and sing, and occasionally dance a bit (but that's far from his largest talents).

The idea of choosing a niche for Khonrahd might be something to largely consider - as a long time RPer I find that I have the most enjoyment interacting with people from a multitude of niches (which actually makes a lot more sense than just a group of people, considering the fact that performing Bards have a tendency to attract attention, in a sense). Doing this, I find what kind of people through interaction Khonrahd likes the most, and not only does it help me get a better sense for the character that I play, but in fact develops Khonrahd as a character - which is what I'm really hoping for in the long run!

I'll definitely take your advice and put up a "Making Connections" post soon! Thank you!

(03-26-2017, 12:48 PM)SPNoelle Wrote: Ooh bards. Bards are cool Big Grin 

Welcome to Balmung! The people are super nice, I look forward to someday having my girl come across your bard as he's telling stories someday.

That would be fun! Looking forward to it myself! Thank you!