Hydaelyn Role-Players
A wanderer has appeared... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A wanderer has appeared... (/showthread.php?tid=19053)

A wanderer has appeared... - Obsidian - 04-07-2017

Hello, my character name is Obsidian. I'm new here of this website and RP in general. So i be happy to be welcomed and get advice of RP from this place.

My character is an au ra who raised as an ishgardian knight from the house fortemps when she was very little. She resign of an ishgardian knight in search of her lineage.

RE: A wanderer has appeared... - Thunderbolt300 - 04-07-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard the RPC! Thumbsup

One of the resident lore gurus ought to be around to help! Sadly Au Ra isn't really my area.

RE: A wanderer has appeared... - Faye - 04-07-2017

Hello and welcome, Obsidian! It's good to see you on the RPC! Smile

RE: A wanderer has appeared... - Obsidian - 04-07-2017

Thank you Smile

I gladly accept the offer to help me with the au ra lore, thank you very much.

RE: A wanderer has appeared... - Sounsyy - 04-07-2017

Welcome to the RPC! You can find a collection of Au Ra lore in this post. Hopefully that will help! ^^

As for an Au Ra being raised by House Fortemps, it'd be something that was incredibly rare. Until relatively recently, Ishgardians killed what few Auri immigrants came to their lands mistaking them for dragons. Tolerance would've come more recently, which is a theme maybe you can explore in your backstory? Why a Raen is so far from their native homelands, how they came to be there, and what prejudice she had to endure in a city so very distant culturally and geographically from her own.

RE: A wanderer has appeared... - Obsidian - 04-08-2017

Well i was orginally trying to make her be a samurai clan's daughter who wandering though eorzea, but stormblood haven't come out yet and i don't how it reflect on samurai culture. So i put a temporary story of her living in ishgard taken by her caretaker to have her live there, so she can get away from the clan war or from assassination, depend how yoshie P handle the samurai lore.
I chose ishgardian as a starting place mainly because the contrast of doman. The Caretaker is hyur, was actually war buddiies with lord edmont some time ago against the dragons. The caretaker was a mercenary, so he can help out of the ishgardian. He then save lord edmont from the battle against the dragon's skirmish, he then ask edmont to promise him if times come, he shall help his problems as well. I was orginally thought scrapping this backstory since i don't know if lord edmont was a retired knight or not, but i assumed most, if not all, houses are taken in arm as knights. I also don't know if samurai can taken as mercenaries during the dragonsong war cause again, don't know, until stormblood is release, of how the samurai's lore handle. I also don't know the life expectancy of the elezan, so i assume lord edmont to be at least 45 or 50.

And finally, why yes, she does get set of prejuice from the other ishgardians, especially the ward knights and the church, but lord edmont protect her from it cause the promise he made.

Sorry for the long post, but mainly because the backstory of my character is more a holder until stromblood is release.