Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] (/showthread.php?tid=1927)

[Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Kari Illderthane - 04-28-2013

Found on Reddit (long post)

but the way it seems layed out is a bit odd but gonna post it anyway.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1d99jt/reinhart_translates_niconico_event/

Spoiler: show
As transcribed by Corwin on the ahem forums
Reinheartv: soken & mocchi's seiza bgm (when they need to kneel down before getting scolded)
» not saying what it's fighting
» doesn't sound like a music who chases kneesocks
Reinheartv: also this isn't last tboss theme
Reinheartv: going to start seasonal event with bombard
» for those that want rain deer suit please raise hand
» those who want hildi... why? hildi...
» y: just take him
Reinheartv: Q: Is YoshiP someone to be respected - Q to Foxclon A: Yes! He answers questions instantly so he's easy to work with
Reinheartv: Fat Chocobo coming in patch
» Y; wants to do it
Reinheartv: Didn't make the bathtub, bath suit yet
» lol
» what happened to battle regimen - became limit break
» when is official walkthrough guide coming out?
» well starter should be coming out, other than that should be coming from publisher, and connecton ppl there so they might be talking
» There was someone that put FF7 Sepjhiroth in flame pic with Nael Darnus in flame side by side
» baby screaming ><
More from Rein: (Letter live part 3)
Reinheartv: we might get beta 3 info tonight
» during HIroyuki & Yoship talk
Reinheartv: only if Hiroyuki asks w
Reinheartv: pretty sure he's gonna ask w
Reinheartv: reason why YoshiP don't want to say it yet
» if he says it too early during event, people already got the info they need and going to walk away from broadcast/event
» so he wants to keep as much people/rating for their booth up..w
Reinheartv: Nico event has something to do with number of comments they receive in the video's also
Reinheartv: so they need to try and get as much
Reinheartv: last night they were aiming for 140,000 comments in 2 days but ended up getting close to 150,000 comments yesterday alone i think
Reinheartv: comments asking for Mizuta to make BGM
» soken comes up to side of stage
» and tells Foxclon there is 2-3 probably at time of launch
» YoshiP didn't check them yet so it has to go through him
Reinheartv: Q: Want large shield covering whole players height
» just don't want graphic glitches where shield graphic going through character
» Y: I think it was something added through patch
» Q: cross fire will be addressed by launch
» not Q, that's Y looking at comments running on screen
Reinheartv: btw... I'm not translating what's on the live , going back to P letter 3 w
Reinheartv: Q: What's going to happen to weather forecast Y: they are already working on it
Reinheartv: Q: Would new CEO come out in P.Letter like Wada? A: While eating gave him lots of wine, and asked if we can have Mr. Headshot in p.letter
» and he smiled so should be good
Reinheartv: Q: Will there be time-attack content? Y: Want to try and get that out (away) since that will cause issues with content finder, people blaming each other etc
Reinheartv: instead of TA he wants to do ranking for Free Company, and those who helped most gets points,etc
Reinheartv: TA still might be possible in future, he just saying in general he doesn't want it in *
Reinheartv: Q: will primal battle change?" Y: base is same, but the new is different right?
» Soken is stopping me, that's rare
Reinheartv: Primal battle BGM**
Reinheartv: Soken made 110 music for XIV, doesn't say if that includes small tunes/jingles or just BGM type
Reinheartv: Q: Materia related - would placing materia change the item level? Only thing that can go over that is content item, when new contents get added, new items will be added so you'll fill up the new gap with materia gear, but content gear will always be on top
Reinheartv: --- Say current best is darklight, when they add... say crystal gear, there will be new crafted items that can be stronger than darklight with materia but never over the crystal gear
Reinheartv: (my example, not by yoshi, but that's what he's mentioning)
Reinheartv: if last content gear is really hard to get, then materia gear is teh next best so yeah
Reinheartv: Q: Any other characters you can use other than chocobo for buddy system? Y: We will add using the same system, but people in FF is attached to Chocobo and Magitek Armor so we'll so more chocobo types. Foxclon: You just mentioned it... Chocobo and Magitek Armor Y: Well many wanted Magitek in content so yeah... it's gonna be boring if you can just ride it. Also at end of era trailer they were blasting lazers
More From Rein: (letter live part 4)
Reinheartv: Some calling YOshiP AV actor
Reinheartv: Q: Beta 3 timing... A: Look forward to Hiroyuki
» Q: Will barber be available at launch? A: Will be little bit after launch
» Just a little bit
Q: Please leak something regarding voice actor A: Please look forward to the next voice actor event
» Q: New walkthrough A: Next month, gejun
» Q: What game are you playing recently? Y: 14
» Q: What other game do you like aside from FF made in Japan? A: Dragon quest, grew up with FF and DQ
» Y: Likes Monster Hunter as well, he goes to all G quest solo
» talked to the guy in Capcom about it yesterday
» Q: Which character you like most in FF series? Y: Cloud & sephiroth
» Q: any benchmark for PS3? A: No... why would you do that? it will always end up with same score
» Q: Tina's theme played in last P letter, will there be other FF series arrange music?
A: FF14 is a new in the series so first want to make it FF like with 14 first then get those in. But for Tina's everyone is saying to use, so yeah
» Soken telling yoshi, he's ready
Reinheartv: Q: One time pass app going to be out? Y: It's already out
Reinheartv: Q: Will there be opening like FF11 Y: You can expect to see that in B3, and there will be voice for that opening
» PR saying the OP is pretty awesome
Reinheartv: Q: talking about preparing a super retainer but that's still in the talks, and will be through patches
Reinheartv: talekd something about going through other characters in the account, but i missed it, sorry
Reinheartv: Q: Does soken always look that sick/pale? Y: Yes always
» Y: looking at comments - sorry but your character will be deleted in phase 3, (won't carry over)
» Q: Do you like cabbage tarou (snack) Y: I don't but Soken...
Q: new subligars in ARR? A: There are many subligar lovers out there.. so the item team will look into it when they increase items
» HELL YES!
» 200 more subligars.
Reinheartv: sorry missed that question, oh asking about lore details in-game» instead of stuff posted on the lodestone/forums
» he said sorry at beginning so guessing those will remain the same way as now. (have to watch vid again later)
Reinheartv: What job do you recommend? Y: BLM, can get lots of DPS out, it's just my personal favorite
» Q: Are you a nuker? Y: Completely
» Q: what flavor karaagekun do you like? A: Cheese flavor
Reinheartv: Q: Can you take some time off next year summer? A: Might be year after, since we're thinking of large patch and all that Reinheartv: Talking about FC points and items, but saying it's hard to explain so will show vid explaining that one
» Limit break can be done from phase 3, but not lv3 limit break, that's still being worked
Reinheartv: There are lots of contents in phase 3, so there are tons of howto's and I'm writing them all over
» since it was bit too much in phase 2 as well
» Y: There are other people involved in writing teh main scenario, those following SE closely may notice them in credits
» so please look fforward
Reinheartv: People saying SE's summer is Octorber! but it's when it's hot... so don't worry
Reinheartv: Q: Is it earth time summer!? A: We have to go through rating review in every region, and get PS3/PC with 4 major languages
Reinheartv: foxclon: it's summer, so please look forward
Q: What's gonna happen to Shiva? A: Can't say it yet, first is Ramuh soFoxclon: a... (oops)
» first ramu, or leviathan...
» there are lotsReinheartv: Thank you for coming yesterday, today, we're doing regular P letter live just like today, so it's actually better here where we can see everyones comments and face expressions
Edit: Extra stuff
  • Yoshi-P's birthday is May 1st
  • When does Phase 3 start? > That's still a secret
  • Will players be able to use guns? > We're considering it
  • Will we be able to listen to the works of Naoshi Mizuta? (FFXI composer, wiki link) > Perhaps 2 or 3 at launch
  • Can we have huge shields? > It won't be at launch but we're planning on implementing them post-launch
  • Yoshi-P is younger than Yousuke Saitou (Producer of DQ10, JP wiki link)
  • Weather Reports? > Difficult to implement by launch
  • Will we get to see/meet the new SE President in the new Live Letter? > Probably sometime after the next one
  • Will content/dungeons have TA? > Probably in the form of Free Company/Lodestone Rankings
  • Minfilia (wiki) will reappear, complete with a new sexy original costume, will be an important character
  • Are Primal Songs different? > It'll still have the same 'image' as the old ones, the new Primals will of course have new songs
  • If we equip Materias to weapons will we be able to increase its item level? (Stan's notes: I'm assuming the question here is asking if it can be comparable to stuff attainable in dungeons) > No. Materia is intended to fill in the blanks in-between levels/content
  • Monks can keep on chaining combos to increase DPS. However, constant chaining will come with its sets of risks
  • We're thinking of basing the names of the servers on FF monsters. Probably not enough if we base them on items
  • We will be adding different buddies/companions other than Chocobos eventually. Magitek Armor will be one of them
  • Datacenters/servers will not be separated by language, but by region
  • New BGM (can listen here in niconico, about 20:13 in). Tentative Title: Decisive Battle
  • We will be redistributing the special heat-resistant swimsuits again. We're considering redistributing the reindeer costume too
  • Do you respect Yoshi-P as a superior? > Morbol: Yes, I do
  • There will be no PK
  • We'll be implementing Level Sync in Phase 3. No need to change gears for it too, as stats will auto-adjust accordingly. But will be weaker compared to the optimal gears at the correct level
  • Fat Chocobo will be implemented in a future patch
  • Whatever happened to Battle Regimen? > It became the Limit Break system
  • Any plans for an official Guidebook? > We will release a Starter Book
  • Any other references to older Final Fantasies you have planned? > Some through songs, others in stuff we've already mentioned
  • Collector's Edition people will receive in-game items such as the FF1 armor (picture link). Can receive even if you bought the 1.0 Collector's Edition. Will be others too
  • Will there be 'talking' Bosses, like Nael? > Yes
  • Will we get to change the walls/floors in housing? > Can change various things indoors
  • How well does the touch panel feature of Win8 work with ARR? > Can perform just as well as I've shown in the last Live Letter
  • When will we get to use the apps for Smartphones? > Beta Test Phase 4 or at launch
  • How's Hiroshi Minagawa doing? (person in charge of ARR UI, wiki link) > Great! He completely revamped the UI for Phase 3. The stuff you see now will no longer be there
  • Yoshi-P respects Minagawa so much he's one of the reasons Yoshi-P joined the industry
  • So when does Phase 3 start already? > Let's hope Hiroyuki (co-founder of Niconico, will later interview Yoshi-P) can pry the answers off me
  • Plans on the Hair Salon? > In a patch after launch. Can change hairstyles and hair color
  • When will we get to see our next walkthough videos? > Late next month. Probably will release them at the same time we release our new PV
  • What games do you play lately? > ARR of course!
  • Any meaning to the birth dates you set during character creation? > We'll probably do something with it later
  • Other than FF, what other (Japanese) games do you like? > Dragon Quest
  • Also a core player of Monster Hunter. Probably put in 4-digit hours into playing it
  • Which FF character is your favorite? > Cloud. Like the emo-aspect
  • Will we get to see an opening movie like FF11? > Yes. Can watch in Beta Phase 3. It's also the only voice acting you'll see (for now)
  • There will be two basic retainers. Can share them between characters in the same server (Stan's notes: I'm assuming here it means that you can share them between characters in the same server and also under the same account)
  • Can we apply specific requests to the content finder? > Not in the beginning
  • Undecided if we'll implement/release Cutter's Cry in Beta Phase 4
  • Will wipe Characters in Beta Phase 3
  • Don't really like Kyabetsu Tarou... (a type of snack in Japan, picture link)
  • Will you implement gear like the Zodiac Subligars in FF11? > Since Subligars are popular, we'll consider it
  • Will we be able to read up on detailed lore and such as requested in the forums? > We definitely want to implement something like that
  • Yoshi-P's recommend job is Black Mage. Is actually one of his favorites.
  • Can probably get a glimpse of Arcanist in E3
  • Yoshi-P is a Nuker
  • Yoshi-P's favorite Karaage-kun flavor is Cheese (type of snack in Japan, picture link)
  • Will you actually get to take a vacation on New Years next year? > Depends on the (progression) of the patches, but I've got a feeling I'll be working on a big patch
  • Will there be other social tools other than the Item Box in Free Companies? > Yes. We will eventually introduce them through videos
  • Any plans on adding Polo Shirts? > We'll think about it
  • Will we have all options available in Character Creation in Beta Phase 3? > Yes. Although we still might add a few more things at launch
  • Limit Break will be added in Phase 3. Level 3 Limit Breaks will probably (for now) remain unaccessable
  • Can we change/add colors to armor in Phase 3? > Yes
  • Are there any new members in the main scenario staff? > Please wait until we release the official staff roll. If you're a core fan of Square Enix, perhaps you'll recognize some of them
  • Any interesting episodes you can tell us about the foreign (EN/FR/DE) playerbase? > Quite a number of them are against regional servers, and there are also a lot of people who play as Lalafel
  • ARR will NOT release in October. We will release the game in a time when the weather is still hot. We can probably talk about a release date next month.
  • What happened to Shiva? > Can't talk just yet. First, Ramuh

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Vareal - 04-28-2013

Quote:What happened to Shiva? > Can't talk just yet. First, Ramuh

*squees like a child*

Gimmeh! :3

A very interesting read at that. Some stuff was covered in there that wasn't covered in the last Live Letter. I'm getting more and more excited for this game as time progresses and more content is leaked to us!

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Kari Illderthane - 04-29-2013

Ramuh's Theme (Live From NicoNico event) first glimpse

[youtube]Z198zNRAwOo[/youtube]

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Blue - 04-29-2013

Regional servers? Does that mean I'll be forced into an European server because I'm in Europe? >_< Really hope I'm getting it wrong.

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Deirdre - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 01:29 PM)Blue Wrote: Regional servers? Does that mean I'll be forced into an European server because I'm in Europe? >_< Really hope I'm getting it wrong.

I'm pretty sure much earlier on YoshiP says we will be able to choose which server we want to be on, regardless of region. I believe it's just an attempt of trying to get people together who keep the same play-times, not to force people together.

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Blue - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 01:41 PM)Deirdre Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 01:29 PM)Blue Wrote: Regional servers? Does that mean I'll be forced into an European server because I'm in Europe? >_< Really hope I'm getting it wrong.

I'm pretty sure much earlier on YoshiP says we will be able to choose which server we want to be on, regardless of region. I believe it's just an attempt of trying to get people together who keep the same play-times, not to force people together.
Okay^^; That's a great relief to me. I'm too fond to american roleplayers to start anew with another community.

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Noelle - 04-29-2013

Ah, you're in the same boat as me Blue. >u>;;
I was super worried about the new servers, and the possibility that they'd be doing regional segregation.
But as Deir said the plan seems to be to have servers open to everyone. It's just that they're going to have servers based in various places. So your ping will be better if you pick a EU server, but it should otherwise be a free choice...

Also I'd like to think splitting people by region, and sundering any connections made while the servers were multiregion in 1.x should stand out as an all round poopy idea.

RE: [Translated NicoNico event by Reinhart] - Vixeren - 04-29-2013

I really hope the PVP isn't complete shit honestly lol....