Hydaelyn Role-Players
A quick hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A quick hello! (/showthread.php?tid=19493)

A quick hello! - Bibiju Biju - 05-23-2017

Hihi!

I been lurking for a bit around the forums. I guess I'm a returning player, though honestly I never had a chance to really get into the game so it feels very new to me. I did the trial, enjoyed the game and bought it. Did PVE with the hubby but he got burnt out so that left me sort at loose ends and RL got in the way. I recently been yearning to play and mmorpg, so here I am again hoping to get into the RP aspect of things as well as PVE goodness.

Took me a while to get settled on a character, I think I've got it. Maybe... Anyways joining a new community is always overwhelming so any advise and suggestions would be great. I managed to transfer a couple of my characters to Balmung before the server lock thing happened.

MMORPG background - So I've rped in a few mmorpgs most noteably LOTRO and GW2, I've dabbled a little in ESO.

RP experience - Alot of my rp expreince however comes from chat-text rp some time ago and table top rpg.

Character ideas/info - I've two character concepts I've been chewing on,

Bibiju Biju; a nerdy, somewhat magic obessed Dunesfolk Lalafall who is a bit sheltered and wants to put her arcane skill to some practical use.

Louvette Boisdoux; a debonair and charming, Elezan Wildwood, who has more fun playing and singing then anything else having been washed out from the God's Quiver much to the disappointment of her parents.

How did you learn about the coalition? Google! I just googled FFXIV roleplayers, and roleplay servers and found this place.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? I'd say heavy to medium, I enjoy character development but also silliness as well as seriousness. I like being IC and participating in storylines and adventures. I'm not very good at tavern RP, but still fun to watch sometimes.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?  Sure, I've a wonderful little boy who keeps me pretty busy along with work also getting ready to move into a new, first time house. Things are pretty exciting in RL so my schedule is a bit erratic now and limited to later evenings but hopefully I can find some folks to rp and pal around with.

RE: A quick hello! - Thunderbolt300 - 05-23-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard the RPC and once again to FFXIV! Thumbsup

Elezen and/or Miqo'te master race. /nod

RE: A quick hello! - Deahfel - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 08:36 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Elezen and/or Miqo'te master race. /nod

No no no, I liked the old version better when it was just miqo'te Big Grin

Anyways, Welcome to Balmung and the RPC Bibiju! The RP community on Balmung is second to none and it does take a little bit of work to get into it, but once you do it really is a great place. Looks like you have some good character concepts in place and the next step would be to start RPing them and fleshing them out a bit more. You can also create a wiki page with what you have or throw up a making connections post.

You are welcome to come check out our linkshell/discord if you are interested in meeting with some other solid RP'ers and we can make sure you get started with some meet ups.

RE: A quick hello! - Bibiju Biju - 05-23-2017

Gosh, thank you both for your welcome! I'm looking forward to getting involved. I've slowly started building my wiki pages hoping to get some rp under my belt to have a better idea about the characters like you said Daefhel need to flesh out the concepts. 

I'll definitely be putting something up in making connection forum. 

I'll check out the linkshell and hope you don't mind me dropping you a tell in game about it.

RE: A quick hello! - Deahfel - 05-24-2017

Sounds good. Looking forward to hearing from you!