Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Dev Blog: Getting in Character (/showthread.php?tid=1979)

Pages: 1 2

Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Blade - 05-17-2013

New shots from the dev blog showing updated character creating goodness!

Quote:May 17, 2013

Hey guys!
Fernehalwes here.

We've received a two-tonze truckload of feedback on character creation since the alpha test, and from what I saw in today's build, much has changed since then. If you thought there were a lot of options before, wait until you see all the new ways to customize your avatar, including...

An extended hair color palette, plus a plethora of playful tattoos.
[Image: JP20130517_1.jpg]

Several new hairstyles for men...
[Image: JP20130517_2.jpg]

Several new hairstyles for women, including...OMG! Long hair options! And is that a SLIDER on the right for ear size!?
[Image: JP20130517_3.jpg]

And a slider for height!? What else could there be a slider for!?!??
[Image: JP20130517_4.jpg]

And purple whiskers!? And purple eyes!?
[Image: JP20130517_6.jpg]

And OH MY GOD MY EYES THE RED IT BURNS!
[Image: JP20130517_5.jpg]

Get ready to let your imagination run wild!

Fernehalwes.

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Vareal - 05-17-2013

Awesome! More options, more diversity. Although I still feel a color wheel would have been a little more beneficial, those swabs do seem to have more color options than before. And those hair styles! Awesome! Can't wait to play with the character creation!

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Caysen - 05-17-2013

This is awesome. So much more customization. I'm looking forward to seeing people's characters.

The height slider is great, but I wish they would add in a number for the height as well, so you can get the exact height you want instead of just trying to guess.

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Kassandra Dawn - 05-17-2013

long hair long hair long hair...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Blue - 05-17-2013

cool, thanks for letting us know

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Ellie - 05-17-2013

Hmm...this might require another character height comparison...

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Eva - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 02:20 PM)Ellie Wrote: Hmm...this might require another character height comparison...
I was pondering over that too. If the average/min/max are all the same, than the results from our first study should be consistent, but that will need to be tested. Though I think someone had some clever ideas for whipping up a nice'n'easy graphic to display the whole thing so another round of screencapping might happen. I suppose it's also possible that the same 5 options are now just on a slider instead of a text selection. I suppose we'll find out for sure soon enough.

What really piques my interest is that it looks like there is a TON of hairstyles to choose from now, going by that second screenshot and the fact that the 12 styles in focus may take up only 15-20% of the available options~

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Fearless - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 01:06 PM)Kassandra Dawn Wrote: long hair long hair long hair...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I knew you'd squee over that

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Weffrey - 05-17-2013

This is great news! I cannot wait to mix and match all sorts of appearance characteristics. I'll be in character creator for days trying to form Bhav's look haha.

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Aysun - 05-17-2013

Ahhh this is good news. Really happy they added more options (though some of them are just lulzwtf..). Big Grin

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Uther - 05-17-2013

This is awesome. This is beyond awesome. But it's also kind of depressing. I thought I knew what I wanted to look like, but now with all these options I have to spend at least two extra hours in the character creator... and I have a new character idea so that's like four hours. 

I'll be sure to RP with you guys in a year when I'm done exploring all my character appearance options. 
Huh

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - E'irawen - 05-17-2013

Words cannot describe the scree-like gasp of joy that just escaped my mouth.

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Gerik - 05-17-2013

This is amaziiiiiiing.

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Kari Illderthane - 05-17-2013

Just when I thought I had my characters looks sorted well back to the drawing board.

RE: Dev Blog: Getting in Character - Arlon - 05-17-2013

I will also be spending hours creating my character. Im really hoping to get into phase 3 so I can get a rough idea of what my character will look like.