Hydaelyn Role-Players
WoW expat lookin' for good friends and good times - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: WoW expat lookin' for good friends and good times (/showthread.php?tid=20203)

WoW expat lookin' for good friends and good times - Funk Dungus - 07-25-2017

As the title states, I recently nixed World of Warcraft and was looking for a new MMORPG to call home and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying FFXIV and all it's offered (at least combat-wise, haven't tried RPing yet.) and wanted to get the full community experience out of it which lead me to this forum. That being said, I'm definitely more intimately familiar with text RP but even that's gone rusty- Warcraft's not exactly varied in it's RP community as far as interesting campaigns go. Getting used to all the new character commands makes my head spin a little bit but it's fun. Unfortunately none of my mains from there could be moved over.

On the topic of characters; I've only dabbled in character making. I'd like to find a mentor/senpai to show me the ropes or give me a class to make sure my interpretations are up-to-code and the ins and outs of using this cacophony of new emotes. I'm eager to see what kind of things the players here can come up with. So far I'm only interested in Light to Medium RPing because I'm not comfortable with the world yet but my eagerness to learn will definitely change that as time goes on.

As a hobby I enjoy drawing so probably expect a couple of random request threads from me in the future. I have 0 intentions of pursuing art as a career so don't expect too many great things from me but I've been told it's decent enough that people enjoy it so I like to share.

RE: WoW expat lookin' for good friends and good times - Thunderbolt300 - 07-25-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

You may want to consider moving to Mateus since Balmung is locked. You'd be able to find more RP leads there. Regardless, best of luck!

RE: WoW expat lookin' for good friends and good times - Gegenji - 07-25-2017

Also, feel free to post your character ideas up on the forums here - either in this very thread or over in the Character Workshop section. Or even just ask around about basic lore you might be interested in for any character ideas churning about in your head. Plenty of folks willing to give feedback and provide suggestions!

RE: WoW expat lookin' for good friends and good times - Kaiverta - 07-25-2017

(07-25-2017, 09:47 AM)Funk Dungus Wrote: As the title states, I recently nixed World of Warcraft and was looking for a new MMORPG to call home and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying FFXIV and all it's offered (at least combat-wise, haven't tried RPing yet.)

Hi, Funk. Smile

I played FFXIV a long time ago and have just found this forum. I hope to rejoin the game soon, but in the meantime, welcome! Big Grin