Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Mateus] Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Mateus] Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! (/showthread.php?tid=20463)

Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Saolomon - 08-28-2017

A new arrival is in town and she, somehow, doesn't look happy about it..

Hi! I am (gamerhandle) Saolomon and I've come to check out the RP scene on Final Fantasy. So far, I'm loving the game. It's not my usual cup of tea (being a fan of Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls and what have you) but it's got this unmistakeable charm I cannot shake. 

So here I am, trying to find some friends on Mateus and hopefully in the future in Balmung too, even if it's on lockdown as of the writing of this post. 

About my characters: 

Sigfrida Hornebrood is her name and I'm quite unsure what her game is. She's an archer, good at it. Unmistakeably an outdoorsman with her raw temper, she boasts black dreads and dark skin. 
Aside from that.. I still need a backstory. But hey, I'm up for ideas and stuff Big Grin I need to get better aquainted with the lore here.. at least as far as highlanders are concerned.

Abyllona Marmannwyn: A hardy(harrharr) pugilist, originally from Limsa Lominsa. Her main income is beating people for money and professional arm-wrestling leagues (just kidding, but no, girl's strong). She's tough-talking but somewhat naive, easy to anger and easy to forgive. 

Anyway! If anyone wants to hang out with a noob with a trial account, hit me up! Until then,
Cheers,

Saolomon

UPDATE!!
I now have the full game! I hope I get to see you all in game and to add new RP friends on Mateus Big Grin

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Eyrisunn Bleistyrwyn - 08-28-2017

EDIT:

Had a stupidly fun first scene with her. She's definitely worth picking up as a connection. Super nice and easy to talk to. :]

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Thunderbolt300 - 08-28-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to XIV! Thumbsup

Best of luck on your search over on Mateus!

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - OpheliaBlacke - 08-28-2017

Welcome! Feel free to look up Ophelia Blacke if you'd care to get to know someone of the rogueish persuasion! I hope you have fun!

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Saolomon - 08-29-2017

Thank you all for the responses, and I'm sure I'll see the two of you in game! (even if I can't really whisper to people. I might just end up buying that sub)

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Eyrisunn Bleistyrwyn - 08-29-2017

If you're reading this and you want to eventually create a character on Balmung, tonight might be your chance. I don't know if the trick still works, but within the first 3 or so minutes of servers coming back up after tonight's maintenance, you may be able to create a character on Balmung. It's handy to at least reserve your spot with, if you can manage it, and it will save you the fee of transferring a character there at a later date.

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-29-2017

As far as I'm aware, Balmung is still hard-locked by SE. No inbound transfers, no newly created characters, no windows of opportunity exist, no exceptions are made. Alas. Sad

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Eyrisunn Bleistyrwyn - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 02:15 AM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: As far as I'm aware, Balmung is still hard-locked by SE. No inbound transfers, no newly created characters, no windows of opportunity exist, no exceptions are made. Alas. Sad

Egads! Just tried it m'self, and yup, it doesn't work. I'm guessing people were sharing the trick around before Balmung became perma-locked vs. just eternally congested!

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Saolomon - 08-29-2017

WELP

Better luck at... sometime I guess! 

But as it goes, I'm perfectly happy to find new friends on Mateus Big Grin

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Kaiverta - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 04:19 PM)Saolomon Wrote: WELP

Better luck at... sometime I guess! 

But as it goes, I'm perfectly happy to find new friends on Mateus Big Grin

Welcome back. Big Grin

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Saolomon - 08-30-2017

Edited the post a bit! I now have the full game and am hoping that this will make making friends a bit easier aswell!

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Narissis - 08-30-2017

Judging by the names, is that... not one, but TWO femroes?

*Fans self* Oh my.

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Saolomon - 08-30-2017

Well ACSCHUALLY one of them is a highlander Wink

RE: Long time RPer, new to FFXIV! - Narissis - 08-31-2017

(08-30-2017, 12:56 PM)Saolomon Wrote: Well ACSCHUALLY one of them is a highlander Wink

*Fans self even more*