Hydaelyn Role-Players
Experienced, but oh so very new. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Experienced, but oh so very new. (/showthread.php?tid=21341)

Experienced, but oh so very new. - Aminthea - 02-01-2018

Hi all!! My name is Nicole, or Aminthea as I usually go by, and I'm a writer of about 10 years or so? Possibly more? I've been writing since I could and I've been roleplaying specifically for a long time now. However, I've never actually roleplayed through a game as a medium. I've done LARP for a few years, I stuck to forums and chat rooms briefly, but I never involved myself in a game like this and used it as a medium to explore a character. It's really exciting! I'm happy to be trying something new as this. ♥

I'll go ahead and go by the template, just to stop me from rambling on for hours upon hours!

1) MMORPG Background
I've played MMOs for a long time now, over seven years, but I took to them as a very casual player and someone who is very hesitant on grouping up with others. FFXIV is one of the first games that make it entirely easy to group up with others and it's bringing up my confidence in that regard, but I'm very experienced in MMOs, be sure. I normally do healer roles or magic-based roles. I have played most fantasy-based mmorpgs for a time, but due to schedule constraints and my attention-span, I haven't been able to stick to them years at a time. (Until FFXIV, actually.)

2) RP Experience
About 10 years of solid RP experience. I've done LARP to forums. I have a preference to forums and paragraph-based roleplay, but chat rooms are no stranger to me. I'm just incredibly new to the idea of role playing within a game.

3) Character Ideas / Info
I don't have my character solidified just yet, I'm still trying to decide a nice backstory for her and how she became what she is. But, at the moment, her name is Airi! She is a Raen Au Ra Scholar who is a more timid being. She does get a little pouty, but mostly is as patient as can be.

4) How Did You Learn About the Coalition?
I've been looking into roleplaying in FFXIV since I started playing it, so with a few helpful links and advice from others around the Google-verse and reddit, I learned all about it! ♥

5) What Kind of a Role-Player Are You Aiming to Be?
With getting ever older, and having a very intense work-schedule at the moment, I'm hoping to maintain a more flexible and casual experience, but still have some heavy story development along the way. I won't lt work distract me from doing what I love, but I also won't let doing what I love harm my worklife, you know?

6) Real Life Tidbits?
Aside from being a writer my whole life, I absolutely love horror movies and Disney movies all the same. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite, alongside Beauty and the Beast, but my all-time favorite non Disney movie would have to be Repo! The Genetic Opera. I'm also a huge optimist, but I'm very hesitant and awkward, so conversations with me might just be a little strained at first until I get warmed up, but once I am warmed up, I'll be a bundle of sunshine; I promise! ♥

RE: Experienced, but oh so very new. - Zhauric - 02-01-2018

Heh, nice intro and no worries on the rambling. Of course I say that because I tend to ramble myself and probably should consider building a union to represent us ramblers or at least a club with a secret handshake or something.

In any case, welcome aboard and always happy to see others who enjoy writing and developing their characters. I have characters on Balmung and Mateus though currently focusing on Mateus at the moment so feel free to message or just say hi any time. Right now seems Ryuu Kaisoto is getting my attention character wise but still nailing things down in this noggin of mine.

Again, welcome aboard and always aim to enjoy yourself out there.

RE: Experienced, but oh so very new. - Aminthea - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 05:27 PM)Zhauric Wrote: Heh, nice intro and no worries on the rambling. Of course I say that because I tend to ramble myself and probably should consider building a union to represent us ramblers or at least a club with a secret handshake or something.

In any case, welcome aboard and always happy to see others who enjoy writing and developing their characters. I have characters on Balmung and Mateus though currently focusing on Mateus at the moment so feel free to message or just say hi any time. Right now seems Ryuu Kaisoto is getting my attention character wise but still nailing things down in this noggin of mine.

Again, welcome aboard and always aim to enjoy yourself out there.

I would join that club in an instant! We need a union with some union rules that can protect our rambling rights haha. A secret handshake can be cool, but I'm... probably not coordinated enough for that and will probably forget it. rip.

But, thank you for the warm welcome! ♥ I'll say hello soon on Mateus, but I feel you about trying to nail things down in your mind. I'm almost confident I overthink a lot, it's incredibly difficult to nail things down in my own noggin'.

Thank you again! I'll do my best to try and enjoy myself. (: