Hydaelyn Role-Players
It's Official - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: It's Official (/showthread.php?tid=2139)

It's Official - Yahdo - 06-11-2013

I will be getting the PS4 most definently now.

RE: It's Official - Mycroft - 06-11-2013

I was pretty set on it, before the reveal of both the XBox One and the PS4.
However, I've never been a fan of the XBox consoles, so there was no doubt in my mind that I'd get either the Wii-U or the PS4.. Most likely both at some point.

RE: It's Official - Aysun - 06-11-2013

My PS3 is a glorified Blue Ray player. I'll be sticking to PC.. Sad

RE: It's Official - Yahdo - 06-11-2013

The PC will always be my console of choice but I do like a lot of the game coming out for the PS4 which I absolute can't wait for such as The Division, Destiny, FFXV, WatchDogs, and well, I would like to get Lasy of Us but don't want to get a PS3 for it when PS4 will be compatible.

RE: It's Official - Orlog - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 05:40 PM)Aysun Wrote: My PS3 is a glorified Blue Ray player. I'll be sticking to PC.. Sad

This. I actually skipped the PS3 completely, went for the 360 but only ended up with... what, like 20 games? All the while I have 100+ on my PC.

I mean, I don't doubt in the future I'll end up getting my hands on the Ps4 (i.e. steal Shuck's), but for the most part I've pretty much lost interest in console gaming. And I really hope developers realize that a lot of people are pushing towards this and continue to release more games on PC instead of being console exclusive.

With that being said, I understand completely why people are interested in the PS4, as there are already a ton of games for it that look interesting. I'll just stand in the side lines and appreciate them from a far. Tongue

RE: It's Official - Acistian - 06-12-2013

Found this for you:

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=32545
(Second section)

Quote:"...If you're one of those people who was looking at the PS3 version of FFXIV yet were also planning on buying a PS4, Square Enix is currently talking to Sony Computer Entertainment to ensure that players who purchase the PS3 version of the game will be able to smoothly transition their game accounts to the PS4 version when it's released next year. As for whether that means you'll just download the PS4 client and be done with it or it means you need to purchase a PS4 version to keep playing, we'll have to wait until more information is available..."

RE: It's Official - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-12-2013

(06-11-2013, 06:01 PM)Beatric Reid Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 05:40 PM)Aysun Wrote: My PS3 is a glorified Blue Ray player. I'll be sticking to PC.. Sad

This. I actually skipped the PS3 completely, went for the 360 but only ended up with... what, like 20 games? All the while I have 100+ on my PC.

I mean, I don't doubt in the future I'll end up getting my hands on the Ps4 (i.e. steal Shuck's), but for the most part I've pretty much lost interest in console gaming. And I really hope developers realize that a lot of people are pushing towards this and continue to release more games on PC instead of being console exclusive.

With that being said, I understand completely why people are interested in the PS4, as there are already a ton of games for it that look interesting. I'll just stand in the side lines and appreciate them from a far. Tongue

Considering that's suppose to be easier for developers to make PC games which can be ported over to the consoles more effectively this coming generation, I'd wager to say we'll see less console exclusivity outside of first party studios. 

The system architecture of the Xbox One and the PS4 have been said to be remarkably similar to one another and people are already chiming in to say that both consoles are effectively mid-high range gaming rigs.