Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning Player - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning Player (/showthread.php?tid=2275)

Returning Player - blackdrakon - 06-18-2013

Hello all,

I'm happy to say I'm returning to FFXIV after having learned via playing the beta last weekend that my graphics card, which once struggled and cried under the strain of the old graphics engine on max settings, can now handle the new engine with all the settings on max. This makes me very happy, and very optimistic about playing again. I'm also really liking the new changes they're making to the harvesting mechanics, though I have yet to mess with the crafting system. I'm not going to say what class I plan to be or crafting profession I'm going to take because I really don't know yet. 

Having said that, here's a little about me. My general gaming attitude falls along the lines of a "whatever" mentality. I've always played the quiet guy that sits in the back of a gathering or meeting and just listens to people; and that guy who does more background support while letting others take the spotlight for things. I go with the flow of the moment and take things in stride. I'm not so much a loner type as much as I am someone that prefers to fly under the radar; out of sight, out of mind. I'm that guy that walks *everywhere* and prefers to use my own two feet over the use of transport nodes. I'm never in a hurry unless I'm in a combat scenario or I'm keeping someone waiting at a rendezvous point for too long. All of this has a tendency of generating a like me or hate me scale that teeters on the extreme of one end of the spectrum or the other with no grey area depending on how it's all employed for or against you. So yeah! There it is.. 

Definitely looking forward to getting back into this.

RE: Returning Player - Orlog - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 09:04 PM)drakon1500 Wrote: Hello all,

I'm happy to say I'm returning to FFXIV after having learned via playing the beta last weekend that my graphics card, which once struggled and cried under the strain of the old graphics engine on max settings, can now handle the new engine with all the settings on max.

Doho! I know how this feels! When I started playing FFXIV, I probably had to keep the settings on medium. This drove me absolutely insane as I'm always use to being able to put MMO settings on maximum! But, with a new graphics card maximum settings are a breeze. Big Grin

With that being said... Welcome (back?) to the board! It's good to see more sideline-ish characters. I always tend to enjoy sitting back and listening to people talk as well. Hope to see you in game!

RE: Returning Player - Moonfire - 06-18-2013

Welcome back! I am looking at some FPS issues now myself Dodgy Glad to see you got it fixed.

RE: Returning Player - Rhostel - 06-19-2013

Heya!

I have a similar sort of tendency for retreating to the background and taking my own time, apart from everyone else. It's something I'm trying to overcome, though, because it's not so much in my nature as the pain of bad experiences still affecting me years later.

Hope you find your place here. Chocobo

RE: Returning Player - Xenedra - 06-19-2013

Hi there! We don't have corners here, so we're gonna make you RP with us, mwahaha~ I mean- Welcome!

RE: Returning Player - blackdrakon - 06-19-2013

(06-19-2013, 05:01 PM)Rhostel Wrote: Heya!

I have a similar sort of tendency for retreating to the background and taking my own time, apart from everyone else. It's something I'm trying to overcome, though, because it's not so much in my nature as the pain of bad experiences still affecting me years later.

Hope you find your place here. Chocobo

Thank you, I'm sure I will. Though maybe I should have put in a small disclaimer at the bottom of my intro stating that my forum etiquette is a bit different than my in-game "silent in the corner" etiquette.