Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you think? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What do you think? (/showthread.php?tid=2367)

What do you think? - Vashies Alexander - 06-23-2013

Name: Vashies Alexander
birthday: 08/27
height: 5'8
weight: 155 pounds
The Name is Vahies if you cant see that (laughs) I'm a miqo'te lancer in training to be come a dragoon. I grew up in Limsa Lominsa and This is my story.

4 years ago I woke up in a elderly human woman's guest bed. She was looking down at me; tending to my wounds. She asked me if I was a  soldier, though i couldn't recall. She paused in confusion that I could not recall how i got my wounds. She said next, "What of your name?" I paused to find my mind was blank and told her I did not know. Again she looked at me in confusion and said " It does not matter to me but that i found you and you're safe now." As she was leaving the room she paused at the door frame and told me that I could stay with her until my wounds healed. As she left the room I gazed around the bed room see flowers on the window, book shelf, and a spear on the wall. I gazed at the spear as i felt like i was one with it and that i was meant to weld it. As i gazed a the spear i fell a sleep to wake the next morning with food by my head. the elder woman said "time for you to eat my young boy" with a smile. As i ate she told me she found me by the shore near her house and a few men helped her carry me to her house. I was her for 4 days be for i woke and every day she cared to my wounds. She told me about her late husband who fought in the war and came home to her. She said they where happy to gather and even made a fish market where every day she buys and sell fish. She told me her husband died of a fever just 3 months ago as she cryed. I didn't know what say make her feel better but then she stopped crying and said " do you not still recall your name"? As i sat up i said " sorry i do not".... She smiled then said " you look like a Vashies to me.... my husband wanted name are first child that and i think he agree you look like a Vashies. 

A year passed making it 5 years after the war and my wounds healed and the elder woman that i now call mom latter to know her true name was Anna thought of me as her son. I stils live with Anna and as to repay the woman i took up work at a ship yard and would take week trips to go fishing with the other men. One day i return from a fishing trip to find Anna had passed in her sleep while holding a small painting of her husband. The news came to me as a shock as i sat on my bed. As i sat looking down at the floor i recalled the first time i saw Anna looking down at me tending to my wounds with her gray hair and kind eyes. As a tear ran down my face i looked up to see her husbands spear on the wall. I wiped the tear of my face and lifted the spear off the polls that held it their on the wall. I gather few things i had and left the house. Upon leaving Limsa Lominsa i saw a refugee  family coming to town. I stopped them and handed the man the keys to the house. In shock he asked "what is this"? I replied " Your home". In confusion he ask " why are you giving your home to use"? I replied as i started walk away to the carriage " there is nothing left for me here". As i started put my thing on to the carriage the refugee stop me with tears running down his face from joy to ask me his final question " Sir what is your name so that i know who to ask gods to thank"? I paused to find my self recalling Anna telling me her last name the one she took when her husband and her got married..... and replied while smiling to the refugee " Vashies Alexander".  

Personality/ habits of Vashies: Kind, stubborn, silent at times, travels alone most the time, loyal, caring, make a lot emotes rather then speaking them, eats a lot and lazy at times.

RE: What do you think? - Vashies Alexander - 06-23-2013

mhm no one said any thing so guess it was really bad or good..... might have to think of another story.Cry

RE: What do you think? - Desphiria - 06-23-2013

I think it's cute. Maybe nobody said anything cause they didn't know you wanted it critiqued?

true i should of stated i want hear peoples thoughts on it. All so thank you!

RE: What do you think? - Desphiria - 06-23-2013

You're welcomes. ^^

RE: What do you think? - blackdrakon - 06-23-2013

This is a very touching story. I like how you deal with your amnesia by adopting the name she had suggested as your own and finishing off by carrying the elder's last name as a tribute to the memories she made for you.

Good job. Thumbsup

RE: What do you think? - Kari Illderthane - 06-23-2013

I liked it! it had all the feels Cry

RE: What do you think? - Scarlet Willow - 06-23-2013

Oh no but the ending Cry I really enjoyed reading your story, I think it makes a great start for a backstory. Out of curiosity, did Vashies pick up some Hyur culture that will stick with him due to Anna's five-year care?

(06-23-2013, 06:42 PM)blackdrakon Wrote: This is a very touching story. I like how you deal with your amnesia by adopting the name she had suggested as your own and finishing off by carrying the elder's last name as a tribute to the memories she made for you.

Good job. Thumbsup
 Thank you I tryed make a my story fit with what happen in the game and this came to paper then here. Thank you for reading.

(06-23-2013, 06:59 PM)Kari Illderthane Wrote: I liked it! it had all the feels Cry
Im glad it you in joyed it.

(06-23-2013, 07:13 PM)Scarlet Willow Wrote: Oh no but the ending Cry I really enjoyed reading your story, I think it makes a great start for a backstory. Out of curiosity, did Vashies pick up some Hyur culture that will stick with him due to Anna's five-year care?
Yes i think he will act more human and have hyur culture then miqo'te but time will tell since he as long journey a head of him.