Hydaelyn Role-Players
another (probably dumb) question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: another (probably dumb) question (/showthread.php?tid=2397)

another (probably dumb) question - Viper - 06-25-2013

So, I'm shopping for a linkshell + Free company (When I get that lvl) to join that does not only RP but also plays the game, wants to progress, just in character.

Where do I erm..well advertise here that I'm looking for that?  I'm CST, my play times are typically late evenings on weds, thurs & Fri, and pretty much early afternoon into the wee hours on Sat, Sun, Mon, & Tues.

The other question is, I'm not a 1.0 legacy player, well I have a toon but I'm not going to be using 'em.  Wondering if there is or will be a server for peoples like me without having to go onto a legacy server?

RE: another (probably dumb) question - Asyria - 06-25-2013

New characters can be rolled anywhere, on a legacy server or a non-legacy one.
I'll also be looking for that kinda linkshell/company/thing, but I already have my main catgirl on a Legacy server, the old RPC unofficial server.
I also got a human there but I'm thinking of leaving her aside and making a femroegadyn instead cause they look awesome. ^^
(besides, pirates yarrrr)

Now for Linkshell-shopping...

You can browse the Linkshell Hall
And I guess you can make a profile in the Player Directory and mention that you're looking for a linkshell in your post?

RE: another (probably dumb) question - blackdrakon - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 02:12 AM)Viper Wrote: Wondering if there is or will be a server for peoples like me without having to go onto a legacy server?

There's suppose to be a poll posted here on July 1st for those not interested in joining a legacy server to decide which server will be the alternative choice from Balmung. So the short answer is, one hasn't been chosen on yet.

RE: another (probably dumb) question - Magellan - 06-25-2013

Dedicating levelling groups, particularly RP ones, can be tough to find. Especially on main chars: different log in times, ppl dropping out of the game, missing a night and suddenly finding yourself five levels and an important plot point behind...

Imo, the best method would be to form a story together with others (so that everyone has a vested interest) and set aside 1-2 nights a week to play on alts, so that everyone stays on the same pace. This is something I would very much enjoy doing myself ^^

RE: another (probably dumb) question - Adelpha - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 01:14 PM)Magellan Wrote: Dedicating levelling groups, particularly RP ones, can be tough to find. Especially on main chars: different log in times, ppl dropping out of the game, missing a night and suddenly finding yourself five levels and an important plot point behind...

Imo, the best method would be to form a story together with others (so that everyone has a vested interest) and set aside 1-2 nights a week to play on alts, so that everyone stays on the same pace. This is something I would very much enjoy doing myself ^^
With level sync, falling behind your friends is thankfully a bit less of an issue now, at least as it pertains to FATES, guildhests, dungeons, etc..

RE: another (probably dumb) question - Blue - 06-25-2013

Hey! While I'm not sure on the question regarding legacy server, I figured I'd jump in to sport the RP LS Blade and I are planning to make once launch goes, cause it seems that may be what you're looking for: in fact, we do plan to RP the battles and every general in-game events completely IC!

Look for Tales of Hydaelyn in the Linkshell section, and contact Blade Belisaire when you can. I'm sure he can explain you better than I have!

RE: another (probably dumb) question - Magellan - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 01:37 PM)Adelpha Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 01:14 PM)Magellan Wrote: Dedicating levelling groups, particularly RP ones, can be tough to find. Especially on main chars: different log in times, ppl dropping out of the game, missing a night and suddenly finding yourself five levels and an important plot point behind...

With level sync, falling behind your friends is thankfully a bit less of an issue now, at least as it pertains to FATES, guildhests, dungeons, etc..

Ah good point, I keep forgetting about that xD