Hydaelyn Role-Players
Attention all new rpers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Attention all new rpers! (/showthread.php?tid=2570)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Attention all new rpers! - Magellan - 07-02-2013

Hey, you!

Yes, you!

Ever wondered what rp is all about? Ever wanted to get a taste of it, but didn't know where to start? Experienced rper, but always struggle to break into communities?

Then you've come to the right place c:
At the start of open beta, I will be seeking to host bi-weekly RP improv sessions specifically tailored to the new, the shy, and the rp-curious. These events revolve around you! There is no goal in sight other than to help you get your foot (or paw) in the door, and become a part of our community! Through a series of RP practice scenes, discussions, and meeting new people, we'll all start to get comfortsble with each other, and how to interact ICly.

All who wish to participate get their turn to be the star of the show! Better yet, there is absolutely no pressure to 'get it right' as these are for fun practice scenes. We all learn and grow together!

I hope to partner with the RPC Mentorship Program (and any others who are interested) to get this venture launched off the ground, but by helping you get to where you want to go RP-wise, you help us by spreading RP love all across Eorzea!

Keep the RP flowing strong!

(More details will be forthcoming)

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Teardrop - 07-02-2013

Sounds like me...I've been waiting for a chance to jump in and see what RP can be like in this community Smile.  Look forward to additional details!

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Alothia - 07-02-2013

I'd be happy to help you with this endeavor, set up a Skype group for it, or whatever. ^^

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Magellan - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 02:40 PM)Alothia Wrote: I'd be happy to help you with this endeavor, set up a Skype group for it, or whatever. ^^

Ooh, good idea! I'll get on that!

@yeoman: very cool! I hope you find it to your liking!

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-02-2013

This is a fantastic idea and whilst im not new to RP as a whole I have never really done it on mmo's so I would relish the chance to actually practice with you guys Big Grin.

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Xeon - 07-02-2013

Sounds like a good plan, i will try to pop by if i have time. Would need to know where and when however :3 Gona be fun to get more into the community and get to know you guys.

Would be super if its not to late EU time :3

-Xeon

RE: Attention all new rpers! - moody - 07-02-2013

I don't know if my schedule will align at all but I'm pretty gun shy with new communities in some ways ( For instance, I've been reading the RPC on and off for a good while and was only finally willing to join to reply to someone suffering RP burnout. Of course, now I'm posting like mad.) and would love a setup to meet with others not already in set groups or purposefully open to meeting those outside their set groups.

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Alothia - 07-02-2013

I'm happy to meet everyone and anyone. I'm a relative noob to RP considering I'm an oldb, but that's besides the point. Lets get this party started!

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Rhashi Nefhys - 07-02-2013

Sounds great, I'm in!

RE: Attention all new rpers! - moody - 07-02-2013

I just realized server hadn't been mentioned. 

This is going to be on Balmung I hope I hope I hope?

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Asyria - 07-02-2013

Is it also open to the old and rusty? Tongue

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Nox - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 02:45 PM)Tulcaondo Wrote: This is a fantastic idea and whilst im not new to RP as a whole I have never really done it on mmo's so I would relish the chance to actually practice with you guys Big Grin.
I'm in the same boat, actually. I'd love to practice before launch.

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Flynn Rosenberg - 07-02-2013

Sounds good, I'm up for it.

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Magellan - 07-02-2013

Ack!!!" Details details....
*starts to sweat profusely, while scribbling like mad on a notepad*

Server: Balmung
Times: Unspecified weeknight, 9 or 10 EST for NA crowd
Sundays, early for EU crowd (so 2 classes every 2-3 weeks)
Skype: An OOC channel to discuss all things RP in realtime (details to come)
IC channel? (Undecided)
Locations: In the beginner towns, since this is (primarily, but not exclusively) who this for!
Purpose: To explore, and participate in, various types of exercises and discussions that study the many methods and styles of RP all in an effort to learn together, strenghten our community, and improve our RP confidence snd enjoyment!

RE: Attention all new rpers! - Kyatai - 07-02-2013

Sounds like a great idea... would love to meet folks (that is my biggest struggle...)