Hydaelyn Role-Players
MMO Newbie - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: MMO Newbie (/showthread.php?tid=2643)

MMO Newbie - SharodDC714 - 07-06-2013

Hey everyone nice to meet you my name is Sharod Croom. This is my second weekend playing the beta of FFXIV and so far I'm really into it. I've played WoW before but never really liked it at all. I only stuck around WoW for about a month and only got to level 32 so I still consider myself a newbie to MMOs. Now when it comes to RPing I use to be a frequent forum RPer on sites of all kind and after playing FFXIV realized it could be really fun. As for my character I'm not too attached to him right now as I just created him to try out the game so I plan to make a brand new character after the game's launch. Anyway I'm interested in making friends here so I can enjoy the MMO to its fullest extent. If I had a wish to accomplish in this game it would be to make a party with a group of people and beat the game together like in a actual FF game.

A little about my real life self...I live in Okinawa, Japan with my wife. I'm 22 years old and work as a night club manager here. Though I live in Japan I'm American but my permanent residence is here in Japan. My biggest concern with the game is that I get it on launch day from Amazon. LOL I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully my future party!

RE: MMO Newbie - Alexandr Nocturne - 07-06-2013

Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to chatting/rping with you.  If you're interested in forum RP, we're looking to have it with our free company.  You don't even have to join if you don't want to, just apply for Guest status.

Hope to catch you soon one way or the other!

RE: MMO Newbie - Xenedra - 07-06-2013

Hello and welcome to zee RPC! That sounds like my experience with WoW, too. Fun at first, but petered off... Luckily FFXIV hasn't done that for me yet~! Hopefully it'll be the same for you Smile. If you're looking for some help guides and what not, you can find a few here and scattered elsewhere on the forum. Or~ if you have a more direct question, please feel free to ask us! We love to help!

RE: MMO Newbie - Scarlet Willow - 07-06-2013

Hello and welcome~! Mm yes a common experience for WoW . _ . although a small RP community held me there for a handful of months. Anywho, hope you find XIV more enjoyable and hope you see you in game C:

RE: MMO Newbie - Seohyun - 07-08-2013

Wow, that sounds really interesting. Welcome to the RPC though! If you ever need help with anything don't be shy to ask. Either it be via PMs or posts! Hope you enjoy your time here and hope to see you in game.

Toodles!

RE: MMO Newbie - Elkabong419 - 07-08-2013

*places pie down* Welcome!

RE: MMO Newbie - Kyatai - 07-08-2013

Welcome! I lived in Okinawa for 3 years myself (Air Force brat FTW!) and have fond memories of the little island. I loved the Japanese there, so polite and friendly.

RE: MMO Newbie - Grayfox - 07-08-2013

Welcome!

Why is your biggest concern that you get it on launch day with Amazon? I think what you mean is that you're worried you won't get it on time?
In that case, don't worry! If you've pre-ordered the game, you get early access before launch, so you can install and play from the website even without the physical copy Cool

RE: MMO Newbie - Kyatai - 07-08-2013

(((Oohh thank you Grayfox! you answered a question I'd been asking about there. It's been Sooooo long since I ordered a physical copy of a game.. but the artwork and music in the Collectors Ed is tempting me badly... Cry)))

RE: MMO Newbie - Grayfox - 07-08-2013

(07-08-2013, 03:05 PM)Kyatai Wrote: (((Oohh thank you Grayfox! you answered a question I'd been asking about there. It's been Sooooo long since I ordered a physical copy of a game.. but the artwork and music in the Collectors Ed is tempting me badly... Cry)))
(This also applies to Sharod)

There should have been an email you got when pre-ordering the game with a special little pre-order code that will let you get access to the pre-release.
Serial Number/Product Code: xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx
As soon as the early-access starts you'll be able to put this code in, get the download and claim your in-game items.

I'm not sure how Amazon or any other store does it. I ordered mine right from the Square Enix store. If you didn't get this in your email I suggest searching around the official FFXIV forums to see if you can figure it out.

Also, I hear you Kyatai! This game's sound track is amazing. There is a youtube channel with 73 FFXIV songs on it that I've listened to many times already lol.

RE: MMO Newbie - SharodDC714 - 07-09-2013

Thanks for the welcomes everyone and the info on the Pre-Order! That was exactly what I was worried about. I've been playing the beta as much as possible and I'm really getting into it and my RP character development is almost done! Thats cool Kyatai didn't think I would but into anyone that used to live in Okinawa on here. Yeah its a really nice place with tropical weather definitely miss the states sometimes though. LOL i do like getting the games that don't get localized in America though!

RE: MMO Newbie - Gideon Aryeh - 07-09-2013

(07-09-2013, 01:56 AM)SharodDC714 Wrote: Thanks for the welcomes everyone and the info on the Pre-Order! That was exactly what I was worried about. I've been playing the beta as much as possible and I'm really getting into it and my RP character development is almost done! Thats cool Kyatai didn't think I would but into anyone that used to live in Okinawa on here. Yeah its a really nice place with tropical weather definitely miss the states sometimes though. LOL i do like getting the games that don't get localized in America though!
 Welcome to the site, can't say I'm not jealous that you are out there, lol