Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Lore Hunting Team - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Lore Hunting Team (/showthread.php?tid=2938)

Pages: 1 2 3

RPC Lore Hunting Team - Mtoto Wamoto - 07-19-2013

Hey there everyone,

In an effort to further bolster the wiki and its resources, I thought it would be a good idea to see if there was any interest in putting together a team of players who would be willing to hunt down and gather all the confirmed lore and various articles presented to us over the course of the past few years, compile the various sources, screenshots, videos, etc. and link them here in an organized manner, and eventually add all the information to the wiki itself.

If you are interested in taking part in this, drop your name down below! It would probably be easier if those volunteering focused on particular lore bits, e.g. Ul'dah lore, Geography, Bestiary info, Timeline bits, etc. 

I'm currently at work, but once I'm at home, I'll try to get all the resources I've compiled myself and add them here. I'm aware there are other threads and sites that do have this, but in my experience they are incomplete and missing details. Furthermore, it would probably be wise just to have our own copy of details here on the RPC for easy access. Smile

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Gospel Gestalt - 07-19-2013

Sounds like a good idea and actually something like this would really take a huge load of stress off me because the amount of information they've been giving us in quests compared to 1.0 is too overwhelming for me to record all of by myself. So yes! Sign me up!

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-19-2013

I'd be interested in taking part, I love me some good lore although I've never really had to hunt before with such an abundance in wikis for other games,  would this info be put onto the wiki?

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Nova - 07-19-2013

I would be delighted to help out with this. I wouldn't be very good in writing anything into the wiki but I'm pretty good at finding obscure information.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - doctorgalactic - 07-19-2013

This sounds daunting but with a massive payoff in the end.  Something like this was requested in the SE Official Lore forum HERE a while ago, but seems to have lost some traction.  Maybe the community here can get something going?  I'd be interested in assisting what little I can.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Mycroft - 07-19-2013

I'll certainly assist with this.

As for specifics, I suppose that I'll go and hunt down advanced job lore, or even just class lore in general, including history of the guilds (where applicable), and the crafting and gathering classes.

Other than that I could also assist with Limsan lore, which I suppose will include Sahagins and Kobolds.
Unless someone wants to focus specifically on the Beastmen races of course.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Gideon Aryeh - 07-19-2013

I'd be willing to help with this. I've done extensive lore write-ups for other mmos and would like to get to know as much of the lore here as possible. Right now Merri and a few others seem to really know their stuff which I gotta hand it to them, I'd also like to know much of it myself as I often included lore in my rp and conduced in character "lore tours" to help people unfamiliar with the lore in GW2 get familiar with it.

Teach teach teach I always say.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - FreelanceWizard - 07-19-2013

I don't think anyone (least of all me) would describe me as an expert in lore, but I'll help out where I can. It seems my specialties are main scenario quest and miqo'te lore.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Mycroft - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 02:21 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: I don't think anyone (least of all me) would describe me as an expert in lore, but I'll help out where I can. It seems my specialties are main scenario quest and miqo'te lore.

Well when talking lore in general, it is kinda hard to be an expert.
Usually what it comes down to is how good you are at digging up the small details (if they exist) and your ability to transcribe these facts in a manner that is inviting to others.

Don't worry about it too much, if there is something you feel that you need to learn, then you'll learn soon enough.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - DimmerMeerkat - 07-19-2013

I can help out as far as taking people's resources and dropping them on the Wiki in an organized and articulate manner. I don't have a lot of quest caps from the beta, and I didn't play 1.0, so I have nothing to contribute there. What I do have is a few years of experience managing another RP community's wiki, at times completely by myself. For that game, I was thought of as a "lore guru" because I do tend to latch on to the little details.

I'm totally new to FFXIV lore, but I've already been picking up on little things that some tend to miss. Typing it out also helps me to memorize things and put them together. Smile

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Xeon - 07-19-2013

I wish to help but im afraid that i don't know how. But yea perhaps a co-ordinated effort with someone? :3

-Xeon

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Aysun - 07-19-2013

Something like this is such a great idea, just so hard to organize... x_x I am totally in for helping gather info once the game is back up. Pulling things from leves and talking to every NPC in Eorzea is high on my list..

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Merri - 07-19-2013

You know I'm on board, no question. It'l be just like the old days.

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Mycroft - 07-22-2013

Seeing as there are plenty of volunteers now.. How would we organise this, apart from having individuals looking into specific subjects? Would we compile what we gather, or would we simply write it up on our own?

RE: RPC Lore Hunting Team - Xeon - 07-22-2013

How about listing Lore that needs working on, then a person or a team of 2 or so can pick that specific topic to work on, when someone has picked a topic their name is added behind it?

Ex - Gladiator's guild - Xeon - WIP
Cactuar - Steve - Complete
Ul'dah - George - Complete(?)
(insert more topics here - user - status)

(?) meaning it might need more work or a look through to see if its actually done.
And so on. that way we can see what there is to work on, whose is currently working on them, what is done and who completed it.

Its good time now ahead of the ob to start listing topic so people can perhaps starts looking for facts during the ob.

-Xeon