Hydaelyn Role-Players
Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) (/showthread.php?tid=3065)

Pages: 1 2 3

Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Alothia - 07-24-2013

Okay, so Alothia is back from the time skip and is trying to get her people back together. I was thinking of staging an IC meet and greet of sorts sometime in the first few weeks of release.

What I'm thinking is this, I'd like to have just an open event with no ulterior plotlines, just a good old bit of entertainment, crafting and fun.

What I'm looking for for this event is this:
  • Performers (singers, dancers, etc.)
  • Crafters (who are willing to help make lowbie gear)
  • People to help keep the party going
  • Cooks (It is a Barbeque after all)

It would be a good reason for us to get together, get to know the new people, and help provide them with gear and such. I'm just tossing the idea out there. If anyone would be interested in coming/helping out, etc, please let me know! Thanks!

Also, any other ideas for how to make this a success would be appreciated...I'm not really used to hosting events, so any tips would also be welcome!

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Dehqon - 07-24-2013

I'm interested, and Inja may even be willing/able to go to the Gridania area depending on how roleplay goes. As far as level goes, that's something to be seen when the date comes up.

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Abaigeal - 07-24-2013

You know abai would show up and offer a hand Smile

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - FreelanceWizard - 07-24-2013

I'm in for attending!

As for helping out, if it's in a semi-dangerous location, I can help bring people to it safely (a service that can be provided both IC and OOC Smile ). I doubt I'll be particularly high level as a crafter, but if so, I'll happily make stuff to give away.

EDIT: Oh, I assumed that the request for help was an open invite for offers of assistance. If not, disregard the above (though I'll still attend, of course).

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - lady2beetle - 07-24-2013

Does this include people who weren't with Corvus in 1.0?

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Alothia - 07-24-2013

Of course. It would be something Alothia would think up, in part to benefit people she hasn't met, and in part for her to help raise some extra funds so she can get Corvus off the ground again. So everyone and anyone is welcome.

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Martiallais - 07-24-2013

(07-24-2013, 03:47 PM)Alothia Wrote: So everyone and anyone is welcome.

Awesome. Gonna try to be there then. Cool

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Myxie Tryxle - 07-24-2013

Myxie would love to be there! She's a low level 1.0 character, but I did get every crafting skill up to level 10, which is fine for making gear up to level 15 or so. I'd just need to collect materials, as all she had on her when I copied her to phase 3 was a load of hempen yarn and some cotton. It would also give her an opportunity to reveal her new and improved "Myxie Tryxle's Powdered Water System, Mark III" and hopefully find a group of willing test subjects. Angel

As for some suggestions, it would be cool if you could come up with some sort of puzzle, game, foot race, hide & seek, or some sort of activity with a goal and a prize or prizes for the winners. Maybe a few pieces of HQ gear, winner's choice of a stack of 100 crystals, vouchers for a guided dungeon run, pretty much anything. You could even do an HQ scavenger hunt, where people split up into groups of four and have to return with at least one HQ item of each type from a list of 5-10 things (mostly low level stuff like copper ore, muddy water, marmot meat, oranges and carrots, etc.). If most of the items were cooking ingredients, it would even support the barbecue idea, and you could call it a grocery list!

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Kassandra Dawn - 07-24-2013

you know i'll be there

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Paradyme - 07-24-2013

Elbow willing - I'm down.

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Alothia - 07-24-2013

(07-24-2013, 04:02 PM)Callipygian Wrote: Myxie would love to be there! She's a low level 1.0 character, but I did get every crafting skill up to level 10, which is fine for making gear up to level 15 or so. I'd just need to collect materials, as all she had on her when I copied her to phase 3 was a load of hempen yarn and some cotton. It would also give her an opportunity to reveal her new and improved "Myxie Tryxle's Powdered Water System, Mark III" and hopefully find a group of willing test subjects. Angel

As for some suggestions, it would be cool if you could come up with some sort of puzzle, game, foot race, hide & seek, or some sort of activity with a goal and a prize or prizes for the winners. Maybe a few pieces of HQ gear, winner's choice of a stack of 100 crystals, vouchers for a guided dungeon run, pretty much anything. You could even do an HQ scavenger hunt, where people split up into groups of four and have to return with at least one HQ item of each type from a list of 5-10 things (mostly low level stuff like copper ore, muddy water, marmot meat, oranges and carrots, etc.). If most of the items were cooking ingredients, it would even support the barbecue idea, and you could call it a grocery list!

These are great ideas!

I was actually thinking of holding a hide and seek event. We used to do those all the time back in 1.0

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Alothia - 08-06-2013

So, we've got some prelim ideas for a scavenger hunt, and Abai has been roped in ICly to bring some performers...we're well on our way! Yay!

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Martiallais - 08-06-2013

Any ideas on where this'll be yet? Just for planning/figuring out how long it'd take to get there from other cities and all.

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Alothia - 08-06-2013

It won't be until after release, simply because I want to hold it in a central location that people can get to. I figure once game starts up, we can all start trying to figure out a time that'll be good for everyone.

RE: Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning) - Hyrist - 08-06-2013

I've only three questions to ask.

Where's the food?

Where's the Drink?

And who's bed am I crashing in once all is said and done?

Cool