Hydaelyn Role-Players
So there's going to be talking emotes. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: So there's going to be talking emotes. (/showthread.php?tid=3093)

Pages: 1 2 3

So there's going to be talking emotes. - Merri - 07-25-2013

You can get the full details here on this post. But, the important bit~

Quote:"We plan to add a setting to allow your characters mouth to move when talking in /say or in LS etc in β4.

If you talk while using the emote: "Smile", "Upset", etc. Your characters mouth will also move while you maintain that emotion. We hope this will answer your request."

Should be interesting.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Desmond Aryll - 07-25-2013

Great news. Hopefully it's the beginning of a a trend of adding emotes. You can never have too many emotes. Tongue

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Desphiria - 07-25-2013

Wooows, that is gonna be interestings. I wonder how they're gonna do that, hmm.. I guess it makes sense maybe.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Fiona - 07-25-2013

I hope they add alternate sit positions someday too. My character looks cool sitting but it's awkward if I'm just relaxing and chatting. Oh, I'm speaking about female Highlander by the way.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - sanguineFenrir - 07-25-2013

The fact that they implemented facial emotes at all has me excited, because there's really quite a variety of expressions. I'd like to see a /liedown emote or similar (not necessarily sleeping). It would be ideal for relaxing, and combat RP as well, assuming the animation fits.

I can imagine my character spending a lot of time in the amphitheatre just watching the sky if it does get implemented.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - synaesthetic - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 01:08 PM)Desphiria Wrote: Wooows, that is gonna be interestings. I wonder how they're gonna do that, hmm.. I guess it makes sense maybe.

In WoW, your character will use the "talk" animation whenever you speak in /say. They even have different animations depending on if you end your sentence with a question mark or a bang.

I wonder if ARR will have different animations for ending your sentence in か or よ? Big Grin

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Vee - 07-25-2013

Oo, neat!

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Myxie Tryxle - 07-25-2013

Can anyone tell me the command for doing an emote animation without it posting in the chat log? I remember something like this existing previously but can't remember what it is you add to the emote to prevent the text.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Eva - 07-25-2013

/<emote> motion

/joy motion
/smile motion
/grin motion
...etc.

Confirmed to work in Phase 3 Beta (also triggers events too for when you have to do it to targeted NPC's)

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Orlog - 07-25-2013

I dunno if I'm too crazy about this. Not that it's a bad thing, but I've played a few MMOs with the talking emotes and they always tend to take me out of the moment when used, because how ridiculous they look. Here's hoping they swing for something more natural.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Clover - 07-25-2013

MY GOD, YES.

I'm a screenshot freak and this game is already offering many possibilities for creating scenes with them. I'm so glad they'll even add this feature!

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Amiabelle - 07-25-2013

Wonderful news about the facial expressions/mouth moving emotes.  That will be fun to play with and watch!

Speaking of emotes, is it possible to do custom "apostrophe s" emotes?  Such that the text would read something like:

"Amiabelle's hand shakes uncontrollably as she reaches for the quill".

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Eva - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 02:53 PM)Amiabelle Wrote: Speaking of emotes, is it possible to do custom "apostrophe s" emotes?  Such that the text would read something like:

"Amiabelle's hand shakes uncontrollably as she reaches for the quill".

This is not possible, at least not yet.  You may add a space after the /emote and then begin the emote with an apostrophe, though it looks a little awkward.

Example:
/em 's fingers drum unconsciously against her thighs.
Output:
Eva Ianeira 's fingers drum unconsciously against her thighs.

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Myxie Tryxle - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 02:42 PM)Eva Wrote: /<emote> motion

/joy motion
/smile motion
/grin motion
...etc.

Confirmed to work in Phase 3 Beta (also triggers events too for when you have to do it to targeted NPC's)

Thanks Big Grin

RE: So there's going to be talking emotes. - Amiabelle - 07-25-2013

(07-25-2013, 02:57 PM)Eva Wrote: This is not possible, at least not yet.  You may add a space after the /emote and then begin the emote with an apostrophe, though it looks a little awkward.

Example:
/em 's fingers drum unconsciously against her thighs.
Output:
Eva Ianeira 's fingers drum unconsciously against her thighs.

Thanks, Eva.  That's the way I've been accustomed to doing it in other MMOs (and I agree, it looks a bit awkward Tongue).  Maybe, after they get everything else sorted out, the dev team can work on a way to do this.  Can't imagine it's high on the priority list.