Hydaelyn Role-Players
Open Beta & Early Access, Live Letter 8 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Open Beta & Early Access, Live Letter 8 Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=3389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Open Beta & Early Access, Live Letter 8 Discussion - Eve Malusion - 08-08-2013

Was just confirmed on stream that Beta Phase 4 will be 17th-19th, or 16th-19th if you played phase 3, and early access will be 24th-launch. Other news about it is that phase 4 will be level capped to 20, so you can pretty much just prepare some of your classes early levels, though Arcanist will be available in phase 4.

Okay, since Live Letter is over I've changed the main post into a bit more of an overseeable format rather than just a pile of notes. Feel free to use this as a general discussion topic on the Live Letter I suppose.

Spoiler contains the Q & A official translations from http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62880

Show Content

In addition I have quite a lot of screencaps for the different questions! In order to not stuff too much in one place I'll make individual spoilers for each section of pictures related to a question.

Picture related to Q22 (Unicorn):
Show Content

Pictures related to Q27 (Furniture):
Show Content

Pictures for Q42 (well, PvP Armor and Weapons, not the area they showed):
Show Content

Pictures for Q45 (Veteran rewards):
Show Content

Just some pure fashion outfits that were showcased:
Show Content

Seasonal outfits (Christmas):
Show Content
Credit to doctorgalactic for screencapping the seasonal outfits.

Compiled information on fishing, thank you to Ingkeu (http://ingkeu-mihili.tumblr.com/) for writing it down and Reinheart (http://www.twitch.tv/reinheartv) for translating the entire stream live.

Show Content

Personally was a bit disappointed since I'm really looking forward to get back into it I was hoping it would be sooner, but I guess it makes sense to make it short when it carries over to release. Very happy that I get to start on arcanist right away, though!

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-08-2013

Oooh.  I'll show them level 20.  200 levels of level 20.  Energy drinks and protein bars are packed and ready.

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - Gideon Aryeh - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 08:24 AM)Eve Malusion Wrote: Was just confirmed on stream that Beta Phase 4 will be 17th-19th, or 16th-19th if you played phase 3, and early access will be 24th-launch. Other news about it is that phase 4 will be level capped to 20, so you can pretty much just prepare some of your classes early levels, though Arcanist will be available in phase 4.

Personally was a bit disappointed since I'm really looking forward to get back into it I was hoping it would be sooner, but I guess it makes sense to make it short when it carries over to release. Very happy that I get to start on arcanist right away, though!

So yeah, sorry if this was a bad place to post it, but those are the dates so everyone can get their planning sorted now. Smile
*Pays off the money he lost in a bet over the date and facedesks*

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - Selsix - 08-08-2013

9 more days? ... ... ...Damn it! I swore I wouldn't cry if I had to wait more... Cry

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - Poe - 08-08-2013

Frustrated

Waiting sucks

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - FreelanceWizard - 08-08-2013

Wow. I was eerily close. I should've made some bets with people, clearly. Smile

This information does not in any way reduce the extent to which I'm jonesin' for my XIV fix, however...

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - ArmachiA - 08-08-2013

They just announced paid server transfers will be available 2-3 WEEKS after launch, they did not say Legacy were exempt from this.

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - Eve Malusion - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 09:01 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: They just announced paid server transfers will be available 2-3 WEEKS after launch, they did not say Legacy were exempt from this.
Yeah, I'm really happy about that since I'm incredibly insecure about what server I want to play on. Also nice if a month or two after launch a server suddenly turns nearly into a barren wasteland, you can get somewhere that actually still has a community.

Also I was too slow on reacting to the seasonal outfits to screencap (It was a Snowman suit and a girlier outfit with a skirt and striped stockings). If anyone happened to catch those I'd appreciate being able to add them to the main post (credited to you for taking the picture of course).

RE: Open Beta & Early Access - Siuane Raih'li - 08-08-2013

Seriously an annoyed kitten right now.  Tail stands straight up.

Sighs and pouts...

RE: Open Beta & Early Access (among other things announced in the live letter) - Kyatai - 08-08-2013

Boo.
I want to get in now!!!!
Evil

Ah well.

RE: Open Beta & Early Access (among other things announced in the live letter) - Kismet - 08-08-2013

I don't have too much of a problem waiting. It'll just be even more glorious once we finally do get in!

RE: Open Beta & Early Access (among other things announced in the live letter) - Falkner - 08-08-2013

And like a ligtning struck, I just remembered I haven't Pre-Ordered the game!
Whew, talking about how your memory is not what it used to be when you got older...

18th, eh? Still plenty of days to enjoy good night sleeps then Big Grin

RE: Open Beta & Early Access (among other things announced in the live letter) - Dameon - 08-08-2013

Pinched from Reddit.
  • Beta Phase 4 starts 17th/August and ends 19th/August. (thanks to grey_sky for the picture)
  • Beta phase 3 players can start one day early on the 16th/August
  • Early access starts on the 24th/August, no down time between early access and launch. (thanks to grey_sky for the picture)
  • Level cap is 20 in phase 4.
  • Arcanist available in phase 4
  • Fishing profession available in phase 4
  • Coliseum PVP will be in phase 4
  • Scholar confirmed to be healer role
  • Payment options Crysta, credit card, 30 day and 60 day game cards confirmed
  • Fee based world transfer service confirmed (available 2-3 weeks from launch)
  • Free of charge smartphone apps (named Libra Eorzea) confirmed. Shows character stats, all abilities, quests, crafting materials, and basically all information about the game. Available 1 week after launch for iOS and 3-4 weeks after launch for Android.
  • No item transfer between same account and same server available.
  • Barber shop not available at launch, In the barber shop you can change hairstyle, hair colour, face tattoo, face paint, face paint colour and beard.
  • Seasonal events confirmed (Xmas & new years confirmed so far), with season-themed gear obtainable
  • Snowman gear confirmed (lol)
  • Fire resistant swimsuit gear confirmed
  • New Eorzea 2013 Collection Video (Mob version)
  • Phase 4 data will not be wiped unless a game breaking bug is discovered. Stop asking.
  • Crystal Tower 24 man raid confirmed (not available at launch)
  • Primals finishing moves confirmed to be changing
  • No /tell allowed in raids.
  • Duty finder to be expanded over time.
  • Extreme difficulty setting confirmed for primals and dungeons
  • Unicorn mount confirmed, for white mage(thanks to BarbequeChickenWings for the picture)
  • Other unique mounts for different jobs available
  • Character gender and race effects mount sitting pose
  • Leviathan confirmed
  • Free companies earn points when members complete quests
  • EXP bonuses and other bonuses confirmed for free company members
  • Mob themed furniture for player housing confirmed (craftable?)
  • Marriage system confirmed (ick)
  • Molbol battle confirmed
  • Darklight armour for WHM confirmed
  • Player housing not reliant on GC city, houses can be in any city
  • Job quests can be completed solo
  • After launch (patch 2.1) there will be better rewards for those who choose to join random dungeon in duty finder
  • Re-roll status points confirmed
  • Addon support coming 6 months after launch
  • GC based PVP confirmed. 4v4, 8v8 confirmed
  • The crater left by dalamud coming down is used as the coliseum
  • FFXIV WELCOME BACK PROGRAM, 1.0 players can play for free until September 9th.
  • VETERAN REWARDS PROGRAM, bonuses granted depending on how long you have been subscribed. Bonuses such as items, mounts and character remake ticket. 30 day reward is wind up cursor minion and phial of fantasia. 60 day reward is cascadier uniform and black chocobo minion. 90 day reward is beady (tiny) eye minion and Voidal Resinator (Ahriman) mount. 120, 180 day and more rewards confirmed. (thanks to BarbequeChickenWings & wooooooper for the pictures)

RE: Open Beta & Early Access (among other things announced in the live letter) - doctorgalactic - 08-08-2013

I've got some clearer pics for the event costumes for those interested - 
Show Content

And some more pics from later in the stream, a lot of them look like housing items - 
Show Content

Even More PIX! -
Show Content

Welcome Back & Veteran Rewards Program -
Show Content

UNICORNS!!!!
Show Content
*EDIT ~ I am vigorously updating this, so check back often.

RE: Open Beta & Early Access (among other things announced in the live letter) - shotgunbadger - 08-08-2013

So basically when beta opens up again there's no more wipes? Awesome. This'll be my first beta phase so I'm really eager to jump in.