Hydaelyn Role-Players
A temporary farewell. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: A temporary farewell. (/showthread.php?tid=3446)

A temporary farewell. - AkhutaiAngura - 08-10-2013

So, I've been.... relatively quiet here on the forums. I've posted here and there, I'm sure several recognize the name and such. I've posted opinions, and read through a good many threads. 

So, let me mention the reason for this particular post... It's to bid a temporary farewell to those I've met here. I'll be stepping back from the RPC untill the game launches.. I'm sure I'll still show up and read around, but consider this a last post for the next few weeks. 

Now, the reasons for this - And this is a secondary reason to the post - is to bring peoples attention to what they're doing. The effect they're having. Do I think this'll help? No, not at all. I've never been of the mind that people can change. 

I used to love coming to the RPC. Reading through various forums about this or that.. Reading about X persons character, or helping that guy develop a character, and helping another dude do whatever. Giving ideas on linkshells, and backstories, and various whatevers. But as of late, it's just been.. For lack of a better term, shitty topic after shitty topic.

Don't get me wrong - I posted in some of the Balmung vs. Gil threads. I argued and bickered a bit, even when I was attempted to be logical, calm, and reasoned. I understand I'm not completely innocent here. But it's those threads.. It's the fact that there have been.. What, three? Four? Balmung vs. Gil threads form in the past week or two. It's the drama those cause. It's this marriage thread going on, and the drama it's recently devolved into with the past few posts. I applaud many in all of those threads, for keeping it on track, for remaining calm and composed in the face of a controversial topic. I applaud you, and respect you, and thank you.

You are adults, and commendable.

The rest of you. The ones who lost your composure, who lost your tempers and threw words around as if they were candy.. You know better than that. You -are- better than that. You, and we, deserve better than that. These threads deserve more, as well.

I know.. One or two others have stepped back from the forums for reasons like this. It just gets to be to much, to log in and slog through these threads, looking for something worthwhile to read. I'm sure others are stepping back, as well. There are many who used to post often, that I haven't seen post in ages, though they still log in. There profiles show it, with their recently logged in times. To those, I apologize. We all should apologize, though many will read this and think it wasn't them. They took no part in it.

I hope, once XIV launches, all of this will calm down. The hotheads will be tempered and cooled, the drama will subside with the tides and the interested, fun threads that made the RPC what it is will return. 

Untill then, I'll fall to the sidelines. I'm sure I'll shake my head many times still to come, and I'm fairly certain almost nothing will change, but.. Here's to hoping.

I bid you adieu, albeit temporarily.

RE: A temporary farewell. - Ashren Dotharl - 08-11-2013

It was a joke, I told him I was going to respond with that pic last night.

RE: A temporary farewell. - Alothia - 08-11-2013

I deleted the posts that were here, because they were 1. uncalled for and 2. referenced the uncalled for thing. Sorry about that.

That being said, I will be sad to see you go. I hope that you will come back to us after release.

I wish I could say more about the atmosphere here, and help to allay your fears...but I can't. We're working our butts off to moderate around here, and it's really difficult. Know that your concerns are being listened to, however.

(08-11-2013, 01:23 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: It was a joke, I told him I was going to respond with that pic last night.

It doesn't matter. Its intent was to cause other people to react, and they did. I stand by my decision to delete your post.

RE: A temporary farewell. - Ashren Dotharl - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 01:25 AM)Alothia Wrote: I deleted the posts that were here, because they were 1. uncalled for and 2. referenced the uncalled for thing. Sorry about that.

That being said, I will be sad to see you go. I hope that you will come back to us after release.

I wish I could say more about the atmosphere here, and help to allay your fears...but I can't. We're working our butts off to moderate around here, and it's really difficult. Know that your concerns are being listened to, however.

(08-11-2013, 01:23 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: It was a joke, I told him I was going to respond with that pic last night.

It doesn't matter. Its intent was to cause other people to react, and they did. I stand by my decision to delete your post.
No problem, that was in response to.. one of the other posts that got deleted, not to the post itself being deleted.

RE: A temporary farewell. - Alothia - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 01:30 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: No problem, that was in response to.. one of the other posts that got deleted, not to the post itself being deleted.

That's fine. Was just clarifying. Carry on~

RE: A temporary farewell. - thealmightypoe - 08-11-2013

im sad to hear this. Of you going and of the bickering going on.

To be honest, i'm not on here much, i just check back once in a while. I go here for a stepping stone into the RP community, and tons of the information helps. However, I can see how new people such as I can be turned off from this community by seeing the hate every other post. (I don't really mind since I understand all communities have periods of quabble)

Anywho, I hope everyone sorts out their differences and we can have a fun experience once game launches.

RE: A temporary farewell. - Asyria - 08-11-2013

I understand EXACTLY how you feel, having left the community as well, back in 1.0 for the exact same reasons.

Hopefully you come back when things have quieted down and/or you feel better aboiut it! It's not the post or rep count that matters, abd every RPC member is valued, I think.
We're all in this together until we choose to leave, and we can always come back.
Or like Barret would say, "there ain't no getting offa this train we're on!"