Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hellooo! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hellooo! (/showthread.php?tid=3485)

Hellooo! - Yuo - 08-12-2013

Hello everyone, I'm Yuo! I've sort of been around these forums before, seeing if there were active role-players in this game! I just pre-ordered Final Fantasy 14, and I'm really excited to meet a new community, and create stories with new people. 

--MMORPG background
My MMO background isn't super extensive. The first MMO I ever played was SWTOR, which I stuck with for a while and still play off and on. Since then though I've played TERA, Guild Wars 2, and a few others. 

--RP experience
Well, I stumbled into RP purely on accident. Since then though, I've been totally hooked. I've always loved creative writing, and having to think on my toes when writing even more so. It's like a mix of both of those things, haha! I feel like I've grown a lot since I first started, but still need a lot of improvement. 

--Character ideas/info
Well, as far as this game goes... I'm really not sure! I need to read up on the lore, and really think about it. I have a sort of general idea of personality, and I know how they will look but I still need more. Any help anyone can offer is more than appreciated. I still have a lot to learn about this game!

--How did you learn about the coalition?
A google search. I wasn't sure whether there was any RP in this game, but I was interested in trying it anyway. I just decided to check, and there the site was!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I tend to lean somewhere between medium and heavy, but I love the idea of being in character all the time. Sometimes I do find myself just  sort of running around though, so it's a bit hard for me to focus.

Cactuar[sub] I just wanted to put this here.[/sub]

RE: Hellooo! - Fox - 08-12-2013

Welcome! Smile I hope you enjoy your time here it is a wonderful community full of very helpful people.

RE: Hellooo! - Syggfryd - 08-12-2013

Welcome!

Think about going Roegadyn! We're a bit lonely out here. We're a hearty, loyal bunch, though some say we're a little violent. Bah, lies, I tell you!

Plus, we've got the coolest names!

TonberryI just wanted to hypnotize you...

RE: Hellooo! - Teardrop - 08-12-2013

Fellow Tera player says Helooo! Right back at 'cha Big Grin

[Image: Backatcha_zps650effb4.jpg]

Can't wait to meet you in game Thumbsup

RE: Hellooo! - Demon Fox - 08-12-2013

HAI! welcome! I'm an old Guild Wars 2 player myself.

Moogle I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon

RE: Hellooo! - Nel Celestine - 08-12-2013

ahh SWTOR and TERA.  Fun games in their own right.  But I'm glad you came to join us here.

[youtube]o7kRLrAQ1uI[/youtube]

RE: Hellooo! - Yuo - 08-12-2013

Thanks everyone! Reading more about the lore and stuff is getting me really excited to play! I hope I see all of you in there. Big Grin

RE: Hellooo! - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 12:55 AM)Yuo Wrote: --Character ideas/info
Well, as far as this game goes... I'm really not sure! I need to read up on the lore, and really think about it. I have a sort of general idea of personality, and I know how they will look but I still need more. Any help anyone can offer is more than appreciated. I still have a lot to learn about this game!

Lore dump to the rescue!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:History

But there's a lot this doesn't tell you. A lot of FFXIV's story is still quite mysterious. Why did the dragons, led by Midardsormr, attack the Imperial Fleet? Why did this take place over Mor Dhona? Why was the Agrius over Mor Dhona?

That question has an answer. There's something connecting the Allagan Empire, Sharlayan, Mor Dhona, Louisoix, Bahamut, and even the Imperials.

Show Content

Dalamud fell straight down into Mor Dhona for a reason, and it ain't cause that's just where the Imperials happened to be fiddling with the lunar transmitter.