Hydaelyn Role-Players
Saying hello in all the wrong places - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Saying hello in all the wrong places (/showthread.php?tid=3503)

Saying hello in all the wrong places - considebalt - 08-12-2013

After a day of lurking and making a few posts (including hellos and what not) I though I might say hello in the proper introductory thread with a proper introduction. Seeing as I am on this forum it is to be assumed that I am a roleplayer. That assumption would be correct! I've been writing and stepping into the shoes of my characters since I was 15 back on Gaia Online (high five to anyone that knows what I'm talking about XD), typing away stories and plots from one of the computers in the school library after the final bell to kill time. I have also RPed in almost every medium I could do sp in (MMOs, Skype, forums, e-mail, etc). 

I'm also a pretty experienced MMO player, having played games like Ragnarok Online, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars (1 & 2), The Secret World and most recently the FF14 ARR beta (there are a lot more, but this is an introduction, not a list! I never got to play FF11, but I did play FF14 1.0 during the beta and found it fairly terrible, and while I do not regret moving on to other games (I'm an avid gamer and have the steam list to prove it...ok it's not THAT big), the style of FF14 1.0-2.0's story progression is wholly impressive. I love how the mechanics and main story evolved leading up to ARR and it does make me wish I had suffered through the first few months of the original release from a story-telling perspective. 
Amusingly enough FF14 wasn't even on my radar until I was given a code by a friend to Beta Phase 3 and it just clicked. I hadn't felt so immersed in a fantasy setting since I spawned on Azeroth for the first time (I'm more of a Super Hero/Sci-fi lover usually) and am now brimming with excitement waiting for the game's Head Start (Of course I pre-ordered!) and Roleplaying with everyone on Gilgamesh. 

As such I am brimming with ideas, brainstorming questions about who my character is, and where they've been, as well as awaiting all of the adventures I will inevitably be chronicling as he progresses through Eorzea! It should be known that, while I am a heavy RPer I try to balance that and progression. Being a great writer and gamer and all that. 

Alright I think that's it. I look forward to meeting and experiencing this world with you all (both on the forums and on Gilgamesh)! Thanks for reading my rantings and see you around!

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Teardrop - 08-12-2013

Hey, I've seen you lurking around here! Glad you took off the cactuar mask...luv the Duskwight look so much better Tongue

Good luck on Gilgamesh Thumbsup !

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Desmond Aryll - 08-12-2013

Hello and welcome, Considebalt!

Glad to have you aboard! I got my start writing constantly too. I was never a third-person kind of guy so I was RP'ing before I knew what that was by collaborating on short stories with others. It wasn't until later that I found out that was a thing. Big Grin

Hopefully I'll see you in-game sometime. I'll be sure and say hello. Thumbsup

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - considebalt - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 02:53 PM)Desmond Aryll Wrote: Hello and welcome, Considebalt!

Glad to have you aboard! I got my start writing constantly too. I was never a third-person kind of guy so I was RP'ing before I knew what that was by collaborating on short stories with others. It wasn't until later that I found out that was a thing. Big Grin

Hopefully I'll see you in-game sometime. I'll be sure and say hello. Thumbsup
Desmond, RPing before it was cool *hands complimentary hipster glasses* XP. Hoping to be around for both Open Beta and Headstart, but moving being what it is we will see, but I have the game pre-ordered, and subbing 90 days of play time, so I will definitely be around!

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-12-2013

Say, con'. I don't suppose you played Anarchy Online at some point? Also, welcome aboard!

(08-12-2013, 03:13 PM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote: Say, con'.  I don't suppose you played Anarchy Online at some point?  Also, welcome aboard!
No, though I'd heard a lot of great things about AO the only Funcom MMO I've played is TSW. Thank you kindly!

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-12-2013

AO was/is one of a kind. Gradually unraveling the story of the creation of the known universe, reaching its center, removing the protector of creation's greatest secrets, only to realize an expansion later that the whole adventure was an incredibly bad idea - captivating story. Also...

[Image: beach_leet.jpg]

SQUEEAL. The only level 1 creature that talks to you when you right click it, saying exciting things like "dood", "nub", "pr0n" and "creds plz". Weird game.

Rock Sandbourne (you'll bump into him later, if you haven't already) keeps telling me I've got to try TSW, as it had a spectacular story. So many games, so little time.

Oh, this is an FF14 forum, isn't it? Hey, see you on Gilgamesh.

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Vee - 08-12-2013

Welcome!! City of Heroes was such a great game, I've still got the icon on my desktop. RIP.

You mentioned being interested in writing, and I wonder would you have interest in joining us on Skype for the GEOC "Gilgamesh Event Organizers Committee" we could really use another person with a passion for storytelling. Wink Anyways, happy to see you around. I'll leave you with one last thing:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3504

(08-12-2013, 03:40 PM)Vee Wrote: Welcome!! City of Heroes was such a great game, I've still got the icon on my desktop. RIP.

You mentioned being interested in writing, and I wonder would you have interest in joining us on Skype for the GEOC "Gilgamesh Event Organizers Committee" we could really use another person with a passion for storytelling. Wink Anyways, happy to see you around. I'll leave you with one last thing:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3504
Ah CoX was truly one of a kind. Met most of my current friends there and had some epic (by definition) stories there. As I plan to be as active a part of this community as possible I would love to join the GEOC. I will PM you with my skype name and put the vent info from the link into my client as well.

(08-12-2013, 03:34 PM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote: AO was/is one of a kind.  Gradually unraveling the story of the creation of the known universe, reaching its center, removing the protector of creation's greatest secrets, only to realize an expansion later that the whole adventure was an incredibly bad idea - captivating story.  Also...

[Image: beach_leet.jpg]

SQUEEAL.  The only level 1 creature that talks to you when you right click it, saying exciting things like "dood", "nub", "pr0n" and "creds plz".  Weird game.

Rock Sandbourne (you'll bump into him later, if you haven't already) keeps telling me I've got to try TSW, as it had a spectacular story.  So many games, so little time.

Oh, this is an FF14 forum, isn't it?  Hey, see you on Gilgamesh.
Well, not only can you get a Leet pet in TSW, but it has one of the best atmospheres and storytelling of any MMO I've played, and the voice acting matches the quality of the story. That and it is quite unique in its modern scifi horror setting. A great game without a doubt (in my humble opinion). 

Ah yes yes, hope to see you there XP

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Nel Celestine - 08-12-2013

Welcome to the RPC!
[youtube]o7kRLrAQ1uI[/youtube]

Thank you for the welcome and the informative video ^_^

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - Selsix - 08-12-2013

Welcome sir! I do hope you enjoy your stay.

Here, should you get lost I have asked this Tonberry to show you the way. Tonberry

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - S'demyx Tia - 08-13-2013

Welcome welcome welcome !

RE: Saying hello in all the wrong places - considebalt - 08-13-2013

Thank you thank you thank you