Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Eorzea's Safest City, part II (/showthread.php?tid=3568)

Pages: 1 2

Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Kylin - 08-14-2013

This is a redo of a poll conducted almost three years ago for a Lantern article (found here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/lantern/2010/12/eorzeas-safest-city/ ). I'm going to post up a new article about it with the new results!

So assume a journalist randomly comes up to one of your characters and asks you what you think the safest city in Eorzea is. Feel free to give an IC quote in a post below and you may be quoted in the article!

Options include Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, and Gridania. Hamlets were left off because everyone would almost certainly pick one of those and there are simply too many to list xD. Also want to keep results comparable to the old one.

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Apoc1216 - 08-14-2013

"I say Limsa Lominsa! I mean, it's surrounded by water right? I've never been there personally."

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Raccoon - 08-14-2013

Limsa Lominsa = Pirates and sea monsters.
Ul'dah = Criminal underworld, etc.
Gridania = Rookie archers/random projectiles

*went with Gridania*

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Aysun - 08-14-2013

"Gridania, even with the Garleans on their doorstep. The other two 've got other problems already within."

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - LandStander - 08-14-2013

"Ah, this one is a tough one. I almost want to say Gridania because at least they seem united, but they literally have the Garleans beating at their door. Not to mention the forest spirit people or whatever getting all angry all the time. And Ul'dah, ha! Let's just say you'll have a better chance of making friends in an antling nest. Limsa wins by default! It's run by a bunch of ruffians, but it's not like it is lawless and at least they understand people's primal desire for freedom."

Edit: Had to edit my post. Just realized it was suppose to be IC >.>

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Nel Celestine - 08-14-2013

seeing how you have the Woods themselves out to get you and the garleans, I wouldn't vote gridania myself.  Ul'dah is way to risky no matter what and playing it safe is a fools game.  So I voted Limsa.  There are no more 'pirates' in limsa itself.  they are all privateers now.  Pirates do still sail but they don't make port there anymore.  And you're more likely to get stabbed face to face there then in the back or by a tree branch.Geek

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - AFriendOfAFriend - 08-14-2013

"Safe? That's... hah, that's a... funny word these days. Garleans, Primals, Beastmen... Gridania, if I, um, had to choose. Empire may be, uh... may be closing in, but... The Twelveswood don't take kindly to threats."

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

"A coastline city riddled with uneducated sea-bearers begging for violence with no concept of unity... a backwoods nation with no sense of how to defend themselves in the midst of a war with a higher civilization... the safest city lies behind the walls of Ul'Dah... and I do not see any Garlean fortress anywhere near here. Besides, even if they did come, this city at least knows how to work cohesively to actually defend ourselves."

Ryanti's logic, anyhow. I kind of see it myself. Out of all the places to be, Ul'Dah is the only city that does not have any kind of Garlean base on the outskirts. They are the furthest away from potential invasion. Even when we speak of internal issues, such as thievery or overall shadiness, Limsa is faaaaar more shady. Of course, there are different kinds of shady. I just figured a whole bunch of prostitutes and pirate is more shady then that guy that might potentially sell you into sex slavery.

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - allgivenover - 08-14-2013

There's a heavily guarded cerulean extraction facility in Thanalan, the empire is pretty much on everyone's doorstep.

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Doyle - 08-14-2013

"Ul'dah, obviously. The flames burn brightest here."

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - FreelanceWizard - 08-14-2013

L'yhta: "Limsa Lominsa, of course! With the Admiral at the helm and everyone pulling together now more than ever, we stand united against any storm! The other cities have their advantages, but we have strength and determination -- no one's going to take our freedom!"

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Aysun - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 09:45 PM)allgivenover Wrote: There's a heavily guarded cerulean extraction facility in Thanalan, the empire is pretty much on everyone's doorstep.

Aysun is unaware of much of the Garlean's advances over the last 5 years, 'kay. Was answering ICly.

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Ellion Goto - 08-14-2013

"In the end, we chose to reside within Limsa's borders. Because the docks may be full of criminals... but they are at least honest criminals. One never knows what is waiting in a goldigger's pocket or what tree may hug -you- instead."

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Dubs - 08-14-2013

B'jaern: "Who wants to put their faith into a group of pirates with no honor? I'll stick with the Twin Adders any day."

((Just another ordinary day at Maelstrom HQ Tongue

[youtube]Y6OvsJqimfg[/youtube]

RE: Eorzea's Safest City, part II - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 09:45 PM)allgivenover Wrote: There's a heavily guarded cerulean extraction facility in Thanalan, the empire is pretty much on everyone's doorstep.

I looked for that place in the beta, but I couldn't find it anywhere near Ul'Dah. I saw the base right outside of Grid and the base right outside of La Noscea, but I couldn't find that facility. Didn't even know where it was until you said so.

Still, it's an industrial zone, not a military one if I'm correct?