Hydaelyn Role-Players
Maintenance! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Maintenance! (/showthread.php?tid=3667)

Maintenance! - Quuyn - 08-18-2013

Quote:At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 17, 2013 from 11:30 p.m. to Aug. 18, 2013 12:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
-Moogle World
-Odin World
-Shiva World
-Cerberus World
-Faerie World
-Coeurl World
-Exodus World
-Diabolos World
-Adamantoise World
-Ultros World
-Midgardsormr World
-Malboro World
-Goblin World
-Cactuar World
-Gilgamesh World
-Leviathan World
-Behemoth World
-Balmung World
-Ragnarok World
-Sargatanas World
-Excalibur World
-Hyperion World

....WELL AT LEAST THEY'RE FIXING IT

RE: Maintenance! - Clover - 08-18-2013

Shouldn't the maintenance be over? ;_; *Suffering*

RE: Maintenance! - Quuyn - 08-18-2013

Yes... yes it should, but I'm still getting 3102. So apparently it didn't fix it!

RE: Maintenance! - MizoreYukii - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 03:13 AM)Clover Wrote: Shouldn't the maintenance be over? ;_; *Suffering*

You didn't log out for it, did you? You are/were still allowed to play while they worked. xD *Running around killing trees*

Omg. My sound has DIED. Once they started working my sound went caput. R.I.P sound. T-T

Edit: Whoa! Now it's going on till 1 am!

2013/08/18 00:09 Several Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 18)
At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 18, 2013 from 12:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Worlds]
-Typhon World
-Ultima World
-Hades World
-Ramuh World
-Atomos World
-Ridill World
-Anima World
-Alexander World
-Titan World
-Fenrir World
-Ifrit World
-Tiamat World
-Garuda World
-Carbuncle World
-Tonberry World
-Mandragora World
-Bahamut World
-Aegis World
-Durandal World
-Gungnir World
-Masamune World
-Chocobo World

RE: Maintenance! - Raccoon - 08-18-2013

Ditto. The error persists.

RE: Maintenance! - LiadansWhisper - 08-18-2013

No server restart really seems strange when this bug is so widespread.

RE: Maintenance! - Maeve - 08-18-2013

Well that means I'm off to cook dinner! Hopefully it will be done once I have eaten (if only the world worked according to my schedule Dodgy)

RE: Maintenance! - Quuyn - 08-18-2013

Yeah, they're extending it to 1am. But I'm with Lia, it's odd that apparently they're doing 'maintenance'. Emergency maintenance at that, and they, to my knowledge, didn't actually turn off the servers!

(08-18-2013, 03:16 AM)MizoreYukii Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 03:13 AM)Clover Wrote: Shouldn't the maintenance be over? ;_; *Suffering*

You didn't log out for it, did you? You are/were still allowed to play while they worked. xD *Running around killing trees*

Omg. My sound has DIED. Once they started working my sound went caput. R.I.P sound. T-T

2013/08/18 00:09  Several Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 18)
At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

[Date & Time]

[Affected Worlds]
-Typhon World
-Ultima World
-Hades World
-Ramuh World
-Atomos World
-Ridill World
-Anima World
-Alexander World
-Titan World
-Fenrir World
-Ifrit World
-Tiamat World
-Garuda World
-Carbuncle World
-Tonberry World
-Mandragora World
-Bahamut World
-Aegis World
-Durandal World
-Gungnir World
-Masamune World
-Chocobo World

Except I think those are all JP realms.  :-\  Balmung isn't on the list, and it's still giving me the error.

Then again, maybe I'm misreading the wording.

(08-18-2013, 03:18 AM)Koyu Wrote: Yeah, they're extending it to 1am. But I'm with Lia, it's odd that apparently they're doing 'maintenance'. Emergency maintenance at that, and they, to my knowledge, didn't actually turn off the servers!

It's strange to me because what it sounds like is that the servers aren't properly releasing sessions when someone logs out/gets disconnected.

Plus, if you're doing active maintenance to a running game...I know you can hotfix some things, but usually you do have to do a restart to make things kick in.

RE: Maintenance! - MizoreYukii - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 03:21 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 03:16 AM)MizoreYukii Wrote:

2013/08/18 00:09  Several Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 18)

[Date & Time]

[Affected Worlds]
-Typhon World
-Ultima World
-Hades World
-Ramuh World
-Atomos World
-Ridill World
-Anima World
-Alexander World
-Titan World
-Fenrir World
-Ifrit World
-Tiamat World
-Garuda World
-Carbuncle World
-Tonberry World
-Mandragora World
-Bahamut World
-Aegis World
-Durandal World
-Gungnir World
-Masamune World
-Chocobo World

Except I think those are all JP realms.  :-\  Balmung isn't on the list, and it's still giving me the error.

Then again, maybe I'm misreading the wording.

(08-18-2013, 03:18 AM)Koyu Wrote: Yeah, they're extending it to 1am. But I'm with Lia, it's odd that apparently they're doing 'maintenance'. Emergency maintenance at that, and they, to my knowledge, didn't actually turn off the servers!

It's strange to me because what it sounds like is that the servers aren't properly releasing sessions when someone logs out/gets disconnected.

Plus, if you're doing active maintenance to a running game...I know you can hotfix some things, but usually you do have to do a restart to make things kick in.

Oh, you're right. O_O Huh. Well, I still haven't received a message in game saying that maintenance has stopped. So I don't know. Or maybe they just don't do that type of thing. It doesn't help that the beta forum is down. Dx

(08-18-2013, 03:23 AM)MizoreYukii Wrote: Oh, you're right. O_O Huh. Well, I still haven't received a message in game saying that maintenance has stopped. So I don't know. Or maybe they just don't do that type of thing. It doesn't help that the beta forum is down. Dx

They have started posting to Twitter again.  I can C&P the posts as we get them.  This is what they have so far:

Forum is currently experiencing congestion.Please come back to the website later and try again.

As a workaround, we will be posting announcements on the official Twitter page.