Hydaelyn Role-Players
Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy (/showthread.php?tid=3690)

Pages: 1 2

Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Keru / E'ir - 08-18-2013

Okay, I remember there was a thread about minions in RP situations and it got me thinking what about the Arcanist/Summon/Scholar pets where would they be in RP situations, do we ignore them or do we include them?

Also, if this is in the wrong forum please let me know, and I will look for the link to the Minion thread, and put it in this message ^^.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - LeCard - 08-18-2013

I know I have included mine! though I suppose that would be dependent upon if the character is that class IC or if they are OOC lvl/questing/etc.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - shotgunbadger - 08-18-2013

I'll be including mine. Carby and Fairies are just normal monsters of the world, so including them isn't hard. As for the Summoner stuff I've always liked the logic that they're just aspects of the legendary creature that you give a physical form rather than the super unique stuff that sometimes gets tossed around.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - FreelanceWizard - 08-18-2013

ICly, those pets are summoned and have a reason in lore to exist, so I plan on including them in my RP -- including summoning and dismissing them when appropriate.

Cosmetic minions are bit different because they don't exactly have a lore reason to exist in game (other than, I guess, as complex toys), so for them, I assume they're OOC only until their owner indicates otherwise.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Keru / E'ir - 08-18-2013

Thanks for the tips ^^ I like the idea of aspects of the primal.

I'll be RPing some of my companions, I don't think it's nuts to say there's some fairly complex clockwork toys out there.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Z'karu - 08-18-2013

I used mine in RP last night to some extent, carbuncle's a glowing weasel so it really can't do much more than squeak or obey orders.

I dismissed and resummoned him a few times during the RP, but ICly he was never gone, when I "dismissed" him, he simply climbed up to a perch on Z's shoulder (which is an adorable image and the one they used for the arcanist class artwork)

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - LeCard - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 07:38 PM)Z Wrote: I used mine in RP last night to some extent, carbuncle's a glowing weasel so it really can't do much more than squeak or obey orders.

I dismissed and resummoned him a few times during the RP, but ICly he was never gone, when I "dismissed" him, he simply climbed up to a perch on Z's shoulder (which is an adorable image and the one they used for the arcanist class artwork)
I want that as a sort of /sit emote for carbuncle. would be so awesome to walk around with a carbuncle on your shoulders.

Yea I'm sure it's, like, super hard to code to work well and not clip like hell but I'd give an arm for a special command that made Carby come run up my arms to wrap around my neck all comfy cozy.

Of course I AM playing a Lala so...

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Momoji Momochi - 08-18-2013

I call my carbuncle Mr. Sparkles!

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - synaesthetic - 08-19-2013

I fully intend to make Aeriyn a magitek vanguard minion and RP it as one of her magitek creations, being that she is ICly a magitek tinkerer. Smile

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Xha'li Moui - 08-19-2013

I include Xha'li's carbuncle in rp though I probably won't be including his summons when he gets them.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Jomoru - 08-19-2013

(08-18-2013, 06:38 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: I'll be including mine. Carby and Fairies are just normal monsters of the world, so including them isn't hard. As for the Summoner stuff I've always liked the logic that they're just aspects of the legendary creature that you give a physical form rather than the super unique stuff that sometimes gets tossed around.

Hey I beat up Ifrit(Eventually) I have the right to summon his toe.

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Aduu Avagnar - 08-19-2013

Carbuncle will be in RP for me, its something Nako'li can do. However, IC he isn't taking any Jobs, so will not be using any of the egis/fairy in RP

RE: Carbuncle/Summon Egi's/ Fairy - Nnejo - 08-19-2013

My fae, once I get her will play a very important role in my Miqo's story. Almost like a childhood friend.