Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pre-Order Code Question. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Pre-Order Code Question. (/showthread.php?tid=3752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Pre-Order Code Question. - shotgunbadger - 08-20-2013

Hey all, not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, apologies if it has.

If I ordered my digital copy of FFXIV from the Square store, the code on my receipt next to "Pre-Order bonuses" and all is what I need to enter?

If so is there a place I need to go other than my profile's add a game page? It still shows me 'invalid code'.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Crow Bookkeep - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 10:39 AM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Hey all, not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, apologies if it has.

If I ordered my digital copy of FFXIV from the Square store, the code on my receipt next to "Pre-Order bonuses" and all is what I need to enter?

If so is there a place I need to go other than my profile's add a game page? It still shows me 'invalid code'.

From my understanding the code you got in your receipt email has to be entered at http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ it then adds the game to your account, and sends you another email that has a 20 character code, which then you enter that somewhere else to get early access. This is what I've heard but as it stands that website is currently not functioning properly and people just need to wait for it to be fixed.

Edit: From this what I'm saying is that the pre-order key is NOT the early access key. They are two different things. You enter your pre-order key on that site (once available) then in an unknown time (before the early access though obviously) they will send you the early access key which you will have to enter elsewhere that is currently unknown to me, THEN you will have early access, not until then.

Please correct me if I'm wrong also, this is just what I have heard and would like to know for sure also.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Sini'to Shadar - 08-20-2013

I did preorder and got a receipt e-mail for the purchase, however theres no code in it. There are my details, the details for the purchase and the payment, also the receipt-number SEE-STORE-8XXXX but nothing else. No code or something. That makes me kinda worried. I hope i get a code with the next mail they should send the next time.

(08-20-2013, 12:16 PM)Sini Wrote: I did preorder and got a receipt e-mail for the purchase, however theres no code in it. There are my details, the details for the purchase and the payment, also the receipt-number SEE-STORE-8XXXX but nothing else. No code or something. That makes me kinda worried. I hope i get a code with the next mail they should send the next time.

Do you mean you pre-ordered the PC digital version or the Physical copy?

PC digital version, from the SE store.

(08-20-2013, 12:22 PM)Sini Wrote: PC digital version, from the SE store.

Ok, the email should be from digitalriver ([email protected]). Click the email, scroll down to the very bottom. 4 blocks of text up it will say:

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
Serial Number/Product Code: xxxxxx-123-xxxxxx-456

That is your pre-order code. If that is not there then yes there is a problem and you should email them.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Dubs - 08-20-2013

Early access registration should be up (Originally thought they were going to send out emails). Trying to enter my code but it seems glitchy atm.

"There was a problem. Please try again later"
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

I expect it to be very busy with everyone downloading.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Kylin - 08-20-2013

SE hasn't even announced this yet. Of course it won't work. The only reason people know about the page being up is because a handful of overly eager people on the beta forums constantly refreshed the page and noticed it changed, then posted as such and started rallying everyone to essentially charge the site.

SE will make a post on the Lodestone, beta forums, and/or via email when the feature is ready. Patience is a virtue Big Grin

(08-20-2013, 12:27 PM)Dubs Wrote: Early access registration should be up (Originally thought they were going to send out emails). Trying to enter my code but it seems glitchy atm.

"There was a problem. Please try again later"
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Lots of people are having the same problem, the french twitter said to be patient they are working on it, there is a ton of people swarming it and it is causing problems, so yes just try again later.

(08-20-2013, 12:29 PM)Kylin Wrote: SE hasn't even announced this yet. Of course it won't work. The only reason people know about the page being up is because a handful of overly eager people on the beta forums constantly refreshed the page and noticed it changed, then posted as such and started rallying everyone to essentially charge the site.

SE will make a post on the Lodestone, beta forums, and/or via email when the feature is ready. Patience is a virtue Big Grin

They announced officially that the site would be up on the 20th, so no it's not because people were refreshing. It is the 20th that is why everyone is there. They said they would e-mail when it was ready to use though and some people got the email some did not (being me).

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Rinh Hallani - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 12:25 PM)Mike Ranger Wrote:

Ok, the email should be from digitalriver ([email protected]). Click the email, scroll down to the very bottom. 4 blocks of text up it will say:

I ordered digital version from the SE store too and didn't get any code. I only got an email from SE and one from PayPal with the receipt. Sini and I are both EU so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Better go contact support then...

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Eve Malusion - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 12:32 PM)katattax Wrote:

I ordered digital version from the SE store too and didn't get any code. I only got an email from SE and one from PayPal with the receipt. Sini and I are both EU so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Better go contact support then...
Same problem. Also EU. As far as I know this is purely an EU SE store problem.

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
Serial Number/Product Code: xxxxxx-123-xxxxxx-456

That is your pre-order code. If that is not there then yes there is a problem and you should email them.

Mine looks like that:

Show Content

As kat said, we bought it from the EU store, so i think there are differences betwen american and eu online store... (we get the mail fron [email protected] instead of [email protected] )

My bad I didn't know you ordered from EU (nor did I know they would be different). Sorry that I couldn't help.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Eve Malusion - 08-20-2013

I haven't worried too much up to now because the EU one also says "You don’t need to do anything now. We’ll email you again near the time that the Early Access starts with the next steps."

I do however get more worried the closer it gets to early access, especially seeing as they're supposed to open to register today.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Rinh Hallani - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 12:39 PM)Mike Ranger Wrote: My bad I didn't know you ordered from EU (nor did I know they would be different). Sorry that I couldn't help.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

(08-20-2013, 12:43 PM)Eve Malusion Wrote: I haven't worried too much up to now because the EU one also says "You don’t need to do anything now. We’ll email you again near the time that the Early Access starts with the next steps."

I do however get more worried the closer it gets to early access, especially seeing as they're supposed to open to register today.

Ah yes, I see that now. I suppose that's ok but it does make me feel antsy that I've not heard anything with registration so close.