Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer (/showthread.php?tid=3768)

Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - ReforgedWoodenSword - 08-20-2013

Evening all! Been looking around at the website and I love everything I'm seeing, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I thought I'd share some basic info with you all first, so you can get a better feel for who I am. I am a 21 year old male that works full-time. Living in Pittsburgh, PA, so that puts me in the EST (Eastern Standard Time) timezone, and by that standard, I'll usually be hopping onto the forums/game around 4 or 5 o'clock my time. I'm a very understanding and compassionate individual, so don't be afraid to speak your mind around me. Another important fact is that I have been a Final Fantasy fan nearly ALL of my life, and as soon as I heard about ARR, I dropped WoW and TERA both like a sickness. I've always loved the stories, worlds, and incredible characters of the series, and given the chance to throw my own creative thinking into the mix is a chance I couldn't pass up. I hope to meet many of you out there. Thanks for your time!

--MMORPG background

I have played World of Warcraft for several years now, and been pretty loyal, mainly for the fact that I thought the story and lore were amazing pieces of work. I've also recently gotten involved with TERA. I loved the combat system and the graphics, but it has occurred to me that FFXIV will, in my opinion thus far, very possibly surpass all that I have seen. I'm very excited to make this my new home.

--RP experience

I am certainly not lacking experience in role play. World of Warcraft became dull for me early on, but I researched ways to rekindle the fire so to speak, and discovered the creative art, deciding I'd give it a spin. It turns out I loved it, and am quite skilled in writing with a fictional twist. I moved to other frontiers, pursuing the same excitement from other websites and other games. I couldn't think of a better way to expand and put my skills to the test than right here.

--Character ideas/info

Currently, I have some interesting ideas for a few different characters, though my main focus has been on the creation and fleshing out of a young adult male midlander by the name of Leoric Durand. I plan to start him out as a thaumaturge, then have him work his way up to becoming a Black Mage, then later studying more to have a second job as a Summoner, completely dealing in mostly darker magic. There will be several reasons for this, though I'm still working on them and more research is required. I will also have him take the path of Botanist and Alchemist to further delve into areas that could yield results for him, and to give the character a more intricate and expansive story. He's going to be a bit of a loudmouth, quick to anger and will have a slight arrogant streak, but his morals and heart will certainly be in the right place, his secondary goal being to help others. I'd love the chance for him to make many friends/acquaintances, and even rivals or enemies, since the latter can be extremely riveting and exciting to play out. I will be openly looking for a partner to role play with, as a traveling companion among other things. Being a bit of an oddball himself, he'd have no limitations on race or otherwise, so if this interests you, let me know! I'll get to the other characters I'm planning later, but Leoric is certainly my current focus as of now.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Honestly, I was searching for anything FFXIV ARR on the net and stumbled upon it. You'd be happy to know it was quite close to the top of the list on Google. Thumbsup

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I consider myself a heavy role player, preferring to remain immersed as much as possible, but don't let that discourage you from speaking to me OOC. I'm always up for a good conversation, and my creative writing can become very malleable in an instant, making it easy for me to fit into almost any situation that snags my attention, heavily immersed or otherwise.

If you read all of this, I appreciate your time and interest. Thanks for bringing me into this lovely abode, and I hope to speak to you all soon!

RE: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - Desmond Aryll - 08-20-2013

Welcome to the site, RWS! (you're name's long. lol)

I like your ideas so far. Leoric will eventually be quite the prestidigitator I'm sure. Sounds like he can butt heads with others too, which is great.Tongue

I love your idea of RP'ing him a nemesis. I've had conversations about that with other people on here. You can't have a good character without a good enemy. \

If you ever take a stroll around Gilgamesh, look me up. We can have a disagreement or two. Big Grin

RE: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - ReforgedWoodenSword - 08-20-2013

Thanks for the welcome and speculation, Desmond. I've been keeping my eye on Gilgamesh as well, and I'll more than likely roll one or more characters on that side of Eorzea as well. I do enjoy playing both sides of the morality fence, so when I decide to stomp around your area, I'll surely give you a call. I'm always looking for something interesting, and I'm positive you won't disappoint.

RE: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - Aysun - 08-20-2013

Welcome! Very much like the idea of Loeric. Smile

RE: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - ReforgedWoodenSword - 08-20-2013

Thanks Aysun! I'll probably get to work on a wiki page for him here before early access, just to give Leoric more of a presence and detail.

RE: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - Tadir - 08-21-2013

Welcome to the RPC. Seems like you've thought a decent amount about your character. I can't wait to see what comes of it.

RE: Introduction from a new Hydaelyn Roleplayer - Flapjack - 08-21-2013

(08-20-2013, 06:39 PM)ReforgedWoodenSword Wrote: I'm a very understanding and compassionate individual, so don't be afraid to speak your mind around me.

I feel chocolate cake is overrated.

Glad I was able to get that off my chest!  Welcome to the community!