Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Servers (/showthread.php?tid=3805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RP server discussion video - Nel Celestine - 08-11-2013

After reading all the topics, browsing all the points.  This is the unbiased, fact driven discussion about the servers.  This video is not for promoting one server or the other but rather to set many things straight and inform new players of their options.  This was compiled with the help of several forum members.  One mistake during the video.  It is mentioned about the gil cut, but the prices misread. The cost of items has been reduced as well.

[youtube]X1pQVQ3Fd9U[/youtube]

RE: RP server discussion video - Kyatai - 08-11-2013

Nicely done, guys! Heart

RE: RP server discussion video - Rhio - 08-11-2013

That's it, I can no longer hold in my bias.

Everyone should be rolling a new character on Balthier.

Don't start in with that "there's no server by that name" garbage. My bias is correct and you should all conform.

RE: RP server discussion video - ArmachiA - 08-11-2013

Balthier is the one true server

RE: RP server discussion video - DimmerMeerkat - 08-11-2013

That was fast! Glad some of the feedback I threw at you was discussed there.

RE: RP server discussion video - Gideon Aryeh - 08-11-2013

Thanks all of you honestly it was well presented.

RE: RP server discussion video - Costia - 08-11-2013

I am a new roleplayer to Final Fantasy XIV and I have to say I agree with what was said in the video about being accepted into the Bal-community. Crystalline (led by Eva) has given me a very fair chance when I joined up with them almost a full eight months! I've never touched the game (Only the Beta for 1.0) and they've not judged me on that what-so ever. Balmung (I'm sure Gilgamesh will be too) isnt closed off to new comers like myself (Its only a stigma). Whatever server you choose, I only hope you support not only your server but the other as well (as the video was made for).

Wonderful Job Nel and Crew!

RE: RP server discussion video - Adolar - 08-11-2013

Thanks for making the video. It was really insightful. I'm still planning to go Gilgamesh but I have a better idea of what I'm jumping into now.

RE: RP server discussion video - Dameon - 08-11-2013

I came across this video on FFXIVRealm.com, and was wondering if anyone had posted it here.

Also, are you guys planning to have a back and forth at some point? This seemed kind of like a PSA.

RE: RP server discussion video - Nel Celestine - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 10:44 AM)Dameon Wrote: I came across this video on FFXIVRealm.com, and was wondering if anyone had posted it here.

Also, are you guys planning to have a back and forth at some point? This seemed kind of like a PSA.

Not quite sure what you mean.  ^^;  I posted it over there as it is my channel and such.  I just wanted to end the pointless spiral of bickering.

RE: RP server discussion video - Rhio - 08-11-2013

I will say that Nel consulted several people on this one and got feedback from people on every side of the fence. The goal was not to present a "correct" option, just to summarize everything in one place to minimize the need for further back-and-forth.

RE: RP server discussion video - Reppu - 08-11-2013

And Nel did an excellent job! Love the videos!

RE: RP server discussion video - Alexandr Nocturne - 08-11-2013

Hopefully I didn't stammer too much during the intro. Blush

We wanted to avoid the "us vs. them" mentality that has been growing here.  I think everyone is getting sick of statements like "Come to server [x]!  Server [y] players kick puppies and eat babies!".  So, rather then a direct confrontation we instead opted to lists the pros and cons of each independently.  Any time you directly say that one server is better then the other on any point is a time you're dropping a lit match next to gasoline.  Might cause an explosion, might not, but why risk it?

Hopefully, this gives new players solid facts to base their decision on and maybe...maybe...quell this back and forth verbal warfare.  Hopefully.

Thanks to Nel for inviting me to help with this.  Was a lot of fun! Moogle

RE: RP server discussion video - Domri Blackblade - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 01:33 PM)Xerek Wrote: Hopefully I didn't stammer too much during the intro. Blush

We wanted to avoid the "us vs. them" mentality that has been growing here.  I think everyone is getting sick of statements like "Come to server [x]!  Server [y] players kick puppies and eat babies!".  So, rather then a direct confrontation we instead opted to lists the pros and cons of each independently.  Any time you directly say that one server is better then the other on any point is a time you're dropping a lit match next to gasoline.  Might cause an explosion, might not, but why risk it?

Hopefully, this gives new players solid facts to base their decision on and maybe...maybe...quell this back and forth verbal warfare.  Hopefully.

Thanks to Nel for inviting me to help with this.  Was a lot of fun! Moogle

I didn't know that was you! I know you as Alexandr, haha! Good job bro!

RE: RP server discussion video - Fiona Swift - 08-11-2013

An excellent video that was neutral and provided a lot of information as to the perks of both servers

Orson Wells Approves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IpPPDYWexE