Hydaelyn Role-Players
did you customise your UI? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: did you customise your UI? (/showthread.php?tid=3992)

Pages: 1 2

did you customise your UI? - Zenogaist-Zero - 08-25-2013

Not being used to RPing, I was curious if you guys usually adjust your UI in a particular way?

here is mine while not in combat:

[Image: 9596103506_5e92487df8_o.jpg]

RE: did you customise your UI? - Fox - 08-25-2013

I'm curious, I haven't done too much with the UI but it is MASSIVE on my screen when I was in game yesterday. Is there anyway I can scale these down like a UI scaler that you know of?

RE: did you customise your UI? - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2013

I shrank everything but the chat box down and moved the party frames.

RE: did you customise your UI? - esperkitty - 08-25-2013

I haven't been able to figure out how to move the chat window, or scale stuff down.  Where in the settings is that?  :<

RE: did you customise your UI? - Jove - 08-25-2013

I did.

But then I was kicked from the server before saving Laugh

RE: did you customise your UI? - Naunet - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 08:43 PM)esperkitty Wrote: I haven't been able to figure out how to move the chat window, or scale stuff down.  Where in the settings is that?  :<

I haven't been able to find the UI scaling options either. >_<

RE: did you customise your UI? - Zenogaist-Zero - 08-25-2013

There are 3 scales for items in the user interface:

with mouse - select the element you wish to change, press CRTL+HOME to change the scale.

with Gamepad - press down on the right thumb-stick.

Moving the chat window: move your cursor over the general tab, you can click and drag it from there. On PS3 you need to enter mouse mode to move it.

New chat window: Move your cursor over one of the other tabs in your current chat window, click and drag to separate that tab into a new window.

You can also turn off most of the interface elements in the character menu.

(08-25-2013, 09:10 PM)Zenogaist-Zero Wrote: There are 3 scales for items in the user interface:

with mouse - select the element you wish to change, press CRTL+HOME to change the scale.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: did you customise your UI? - Aysun - 08-25-2013

[Image: 5OluqVS.jpg]

Mine's pretty much the same, but with some tweaks. I really like having the vertical sidebar for mounts and potions and such. Probably do more tweaking as I play. :3 Cuz stuffs in the way sometimes.

And of course the second chat window for my battle spam XD

(08-25-2013, 09:31 PM)Aysun Wrote: [Image: 5OluqVS.jpg]

Mine's pretty much the same, but with some tweaks. I really like having the vertical sidebar for mounts and potions and such. Probably do more tweaking as I play. :3

D'aww!!  They're CUTE!!  <Swoons!>

RE: did you customise your UI? - Noble_Einherjar - 08-25-2013

I haven't done much customizing yet. I usually customize over time as I notice things I would like to change, and then I look for an option to change it.

So far I've only resized the chat window, increased the font from 12 to 14, and changed it so that the white HP bar over my character's head never appears (it kept getting in the way of mobs, and I want to see their animations). Oh, and made a fourth tab for private chat text (party, tells).

Eventually I might add a second chat window for private stuff instead of keeping it as a fourth tab. And maybe a second, smaller window for combat stuff. I might also disable (if it's possible) the damage numbers from other players. I think I'll also (again if it's possible) put the hotbars closer together. Right now I have the default 1 and 2 hotbars showing, but they are kinda farther apart than I am used to.

RE: did you customise your UI? - Naunet - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:10 PM)Zenogaist-Zero Wrote: There are 3 scales for items in the user interface:

Excellent. If I can ever log in again, I will be SHRINKING EVERYTHING. -_-;

Now all I need to make this UI perfect are a transparency slider for the chatbox background and a way to better organize buffs and debuffs on unitframes...

RE: did you customise your UI? - Cato - 08-25-2013

Not yet, though I intend to make the chat window a bit bigger and to filter out some of the clutter that I don't need to read whilst role-playing/questing. I'm pretty happy with everything else, though. It's a pretty smooth UI to begin with, especially compared to older MMO's.

RE: did you customise your UI? - Fox - 08-25-2013

Thank you for letting us know how to scale. It is appreciated. Smile

RE: did you customise your UI? - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2013

(08-25-2013, 10:02 PM)Naunet Wrote:

Excellent. If I can ever log in again, I will be SHRINKING EVERYTHING. -_-;

Now all I need to make this UI perfect are a transparency slider for the chatbox background and a way to better organize buffs and debuffs on unitframes...

That, and they need to fix how the unit frames report health deficits because it doesn't quite match (in terms of scale) how it's shown on the target frame.