Hydaelyn Role-Players
Torvhan - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Torvhan (/showthread.php?tid=4268)

Torvhan - Torvhan - 09-04-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:Torvhan Durant, K'mana Haaz
  • Primary character:Torvhan Durant
  • Linkshells:Blue Skies Adventuring Company(Torvhan), Hipparion Tribe(K'mana)
  • Primary RP linkshell:--

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I would say around medium level of serious RP. I enjoy RP greatly but I'm not always RPing and even during RP I don't mind OOC tangents or jokes. But while IC I prefer a more serious RP, not to say characters can't joke/poke fun or do silly things, but I dislike ridiculous concepts such as characters who go around murdering whoever they please in broad daylight, players who constantly trying to kill one another for no reason, joke or gag characters (in RP).

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I haven't done any IC combat RP, I usually relay on the game system in which I'm playing handle this. But if it happened for some reason I could roll with it.

• Views on IC romance:
    Most of my characters at some point have had romantic relationships but usually with a DM run NPC. Not a big fan of dramatic or tragic endings. So I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but it would take time to get used to the idea. I am not interested in ERP, if an event occurs a simple statment covering that the night events occurred is sufficient for me.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Based on character:
    Torvhan has no remaining family members.
    K'mana is part of the Hipparion Tribe (quite a few NPC/PC ties)

• Views on lore:
    Lore is awesome, but don't forget to not meta-game, and is by no means all encompassing or the unbreakable law. Roleplaying is all about making the game yours, and sometimes things have to be stretched to work, but if you can make it work with in the lore all the better.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Depends on how you using them, Linkshells are proven to work in game as a sort of radio, but an in person meeting could be equally roleplaying in text based fashion in any of the windows. Just don't use /shout /yell for being loud unless your trying to broadcast to the world OOC.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone:EST
  • Contact info:--

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Torvhan - Torvhan - 09-14-2013

IV. Characters

RE: Torvhan - Torvhan - 11-27-2013

Just a short update, I finally received world from my detailer today, and my instructor duty request was denied. So I will be going on deployment early next year in February, and will unable to play FFXIV for most of the year.

What this means is I will likely not be in game very much over the next few months as I find it hard to play MMO's immediately before deploying. But I will try and keep K'mana and Torvhan semi-active through forum RP...for at least as long as I'm able to access this site, sometime internet bandwidth with drops in certain areas.

On a positive note I also recieved the good news that I made Petty Officer First Class this cycle so over all the day evened itself out.

Hope to see everyone around the forums and maybe in game in mid-december when I get back to port.