Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) (/showthread.php?tid=4596)

Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - S'anhu - 09-17-2013

Hello, all! I've lurked for a few days here until I could get the game. Then I got it and was busy playing. Whoops.

I'll stick with the template intro for now. I'm a somewhat nervous individual right now.

--MMORPG background

I briefly played some Guild Wars 2 near release. I levelled a few characters, but it wasn't able to hold me. I sure hope that's not a big minus. To compensate, I've been reading up like crazy on the party mechanics.

--RP experience
I have significantly more of this. Though I never RPed in GW2, I have done a lot of forum RP in my day. Sadly, it pretty much halted whenever I went off to college. But I want to dust back off my writing skillz and get involved in a good community!

--Character ideas/info
I currently have a male Miqo'te Seeker (surprise!) named S'anhu on Gilgamesh. In between playing sessions I've been doing a bit of fleshing out of his backstory, so hopefully his Directory entry will be up soon.

In short: His tribe lived on the eastern edge of the Sangolii desert, but was shattered in The Calamity. What was left of his family and some of his tribe moved into the Black Shroud, where they were (somewhat begrudgingly) welcomed by a Keeper clan who taught them how to survive in the new environment. His family is broken and unhappy, what's left of his tribe is struggling in this new environment, and S'anhu just wants a simple life. Part to learn some more about himself and his place in this new world, part to get away from his responsibilities, the young Seeker set off in search of some kind of destiny.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google helped immensely in this regard.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Due to my newness to the game, the fun I'm having with it, and the span of time I haven't been RPing, I'd classify myself as a light-medium kinda guy. Probably definitely a little more on the light side. I'll probably have tons of questions and the like, so if you're willing to put up with me, I appreciate it! As I get more familiar and comfortable with it all, I'll undoubtedly move my classification into medium.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm a recent grad, so I have a lot of time on my hands. Once I find a more career-like job, I imagine play time will be relegated to the evenings. But even then I'll still be a recent grad. No family or obligations like that, so lots of free time.

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - Gideon Aryeh - 09-17-2013

Welcome to the site!

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - Tenor - 09-17-2013

Hooray for Gilgamesh and also new and/or nervous people! (It's alright, I am new and nervous)

I plan on making a male Miqo'te as well. Here's to having an awesome time in-game, and welcome! ^_^

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - elisan - 09-17-2013

Welcome to you!! We are so pleased that you chose Gilgamesh! The community here is growing by leaps and bounds!

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - S'anhu - 09-18-2013

Thanks, guys! I decided a good place to start new would be the server with all new characters! I figure it'll be good to get into some character interaction with everyone's character being fresh. I also am excited to be in a growing community!

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - erosskye - 09-18-2013

Whayo! Glad to see you on the Gilg Thumbsup cant wait to see you in game

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - VisualFish - 09-18-2013

Hello, and welcome! I am excited/nervous about all this--since I never did an MMO RP before. I read a bit about your character there and I like the BG story so far Big Grin I feel sorry for his poor family T-T <3

RE: Introductory Thread (Gilgamesh) - S'anhu - 09-18-2013

Thanks for the kind words! I'm surprised at how easily fleshing out character backgrounds came back to me.

If anyone is willing to start something up with me, feel free to add me as a friend, or PM me here, or whatever! I finally got some of the backstory up on the wiki (link in the sig).