Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? (/showthread.php?tid=4637)

Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - Mongoose - 09-19-2013

Hi,
Level 17 Gladiator from Ul'dah.

Experienced lots of fun, got the airpass, made lots of mistakes, made bad decisions, didn't know what I was doing, didn't interact with other players, but still learned the game a lot.

If I re-start with a new character, I'll probably work up toward Level 20 and beyond, with far better skills, and able to get into stuff like chat, companies, and things I didn't bother with.

Has anyone else, here on the Hydaelyn website, re-started over with a new character? If so, is it worth it (in terms of enjoying the game, and being a better player)?

Thanks much, for a great website!!!

The Mongoose

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - Magellan - 09-19-2013

You can regain lvl 15 in 1-2 days if you do hunting log, fates, and quests. If you have the urge to start over, ur at a good level to do so!

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - FreelanceWizard - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 12:58 PM)Mongoose Wrote: Has anyone else, here on the Hydaelyn website, re-started over with a new character? If so, is it worth it (in terms of enjoying the game, and being a better player)?

Yep, in Phase 2, Phase 3, and Phase 4 beta. Smile And, of course, there are those who've decided to start playing alts, which are like starting a new character from scratch.

At level 17, you don't have a whole lot of time invested into the character mechanically. If you also feel that you don't have a lot of investment in it narratively, then now's a totally reasonable time to "let go." Grab a friend (or someone you trust here) to hold your gil and any other stuff, like Wet Bomb Ash, you might have, remake your character, and have them give that all back to you.

Only you can decide if you're too invested to remake the character. However, if you're here talking about it, it stands to reason that you might have already made that decision -- in which case, go for it. Smile

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - Lost River - 09-19-2013

I have three characters just for this! When not doing classwork, I can no-life all three and get all at least level 15 by the end of the day. LOL

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - DAISHI - 09-19-2013

It's not leveling you need worry about, it's the fetch questing to progress the story missions.

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - LeCard - 09-19-2013

With story missions you can easily get from 1-15 in an afternoon. Just a matter of knowing what your doing.
Now, for the player looking to explore each city-states opening(been there done that several time over) the longest City story is by far the Limsa story line. A friend of mine and myself did a "tour of Eorzea" playing all the opening story missions, and we noticed that Limsa took at least an hour longer than the the other two to get to the level 15 quests where everything converges. 

So if you looking to start in a different city for a different look on thing, then it could take a day or two to get back to where you were, but you will know what your doing so it will be alot easier.

However, if your just looking to rebuild your character (name/class/base stats etc.) then you can blow through the cut scenes you've already watched and get to level 25 in a couple days with ease (unless you get caught in the crafting sink hole of addiction I did with my last character...it's just too much fun.)

TL;DR It's easy to level in this game if you know what your doing.

P.S. if you plan on using a class that needs cloth based Armour I have been leveling my weaver and can get you some good beginning gear just send me a tell.

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - Cato - 09-19-2013

I've done it twice. It isn't so bad since if you're going through the same zones as before than you can skip through the quest dialogue/cutscenes you've already done without missing anything and if you choose a different zone to start in you get treated to fresh lore and dialogue to soak up and experience!

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - Aleister - 09-19-2013

I've done it also.. In OBT I had gotta a level 20 dragoon with subclass 15 pugilist.. >_> Deleted that sucker when EA started and went warrior. I've also got alts made now just to start fresh you know?

RE: Anyone Started Over from Below Level 20? - h3xd - 09-20-2013

Unless you dont like your character name you could wait for the first month subscription rewards to get sent out. This will give you the ability to change your character's appearance and race.