Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FFXV (/showthread.php?tid=4674)

FFXV - Yloise - 09-21-2013

Can someone translate this video? 

http://www.gamespot.com/tgs/final-fantasy-xv-tgs-2013-japanese-trailer-6414711/

RE: FFXV - allgivenover - 09-21-2013

It's mostly the same as the E3 reveal. No new plot or dialogue.
[youtube]P3xKbPooKAo[/youtube]

RE: FFXV - DAISHI - 09-21-2013

Let's be real clear. FFXII and FFXII sucked. SUCKED. SSSSSSUUUUUCCCKKKEEEDDDDDD. Nobody cares about Square Enix or considers it a relevant story teller in the current era. They have to do a total overhaul of what thye consider story telling to even grasp a straw finger at a remote glimpse of their past glory. The world moves on, and they kept milking nostalgia for money. And that's why they're not artists. If they were, they'd give up the FF franchise completely and do something new and dynamic. They never will because they died around 2007.

RE: FFXV - Cato - 09-21-2013

(09-21-2013, 04:12 AM)DAISHI Wrote: Let's be real clear. FFXII and FFXII sucked. SUCKED. SSSSSSUUUUUCCCKKKEEEDDDDDD. Nobody cares about Square Enix or considers it a relevant story teller in the current era. They have to do a total overhaul of what thye consider story telling to even grasp a straw finger at a remote glimpse of their past glory. The world moves on, and they kept milking nostalgia for money. And that's why they're not artists. If they were, they'd give up the FF franchise completely and do something new and dynamic. They never will because they died around 2007.

Speak for yourself. FFXII was brilliant and told a very compelling story that didn't revolve around teenage angst. It was also quite mature, revolving around intrigue and interesting characters. If not for the executive meddling that led to Vaan instead of Basch being the player controlled character in cities I dare say it'd be the best of the lore.It was also in a similar vein to Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story - both also set in Ivalice - and FFXIV is quite clearly inspired in part by it.

FFXIII, however, didn't really feel like a Final Fantasy game. The obsession with creating sequels for it is a tad troubling, though the main titles in the series tend to be excellent.

RE: FFXV - TheLastCandle - 09-21-2013

I'm glad I don't live in this alternate reality in which Final Fantasy 12 sucked. I don't want a world without the secret best character in FF (Balthier) and the Judges. I'll give you 13, though, even if I ended up enjoying its sequel.

From the trailers, XV is shaping up to be a nice looking game. The world itself reminds me of VIII in a big way, so that's exciting. Will reserve final judgment for the actual release.

RE: FFXV - Cato - 09-23-2013

(09-21-2013, 07:12 AM)Teveriel Wrote: I'm glad I don't live in this alternate reality in which Final Fantasy 12 sucked. I don't want a world without the secret best character in FF (Balthier) and the Judges. I'll give you 13, though, even if I ended up enjoying its sequel.

From the trailers, XV is shaping up to be a nice looking game. The world itself reminds me of VIII in a big way, so that's exciting. Will reserve final judgment for the actual release.

Ah, Balthier...Basch...Gabranth...Drace...now I'm in the mood for replaying FFXII for the sixth or so time!

On a side note, I'm not sure how far you are into FFXIV, but I think you'll notice quite a bit of inspiration from the Judges of FFXII in the form of the leaders of the Garlean Empire.

RE: FFXV - TheLastCandle - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 12:38 PM)J Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 07:12 AM)Teveriel Wrote: I'm glad I don't live in this alternate reality in which Final Fantasy 12 sucked. I don't want a world without the secret best character in FF (Balthier) and the Judges. I'll give you 13, though, even if I ended up enjoying its sequel.

Ah, Balthier...Basch...Gabranth...Drace...now I'm in the mood for replaying FFXII for the sixth or so time!

On a side note, I'm not sure how far you are into FFXIV, but I think you'll notice quite a bit of inspiration from the Judges of FFXII in the form of the leaders of the Garlean Empire.

I'm still hoping that FFXII HD comes, especially if it's the International Zodiac version and they put as much work into it as they did the Kingdom Hearts and FFX/X-2 HD remixes.

And I'm not that far into the main story yet, but the similarities to the Judges haven't escaped me!

RE: FFXV - Cato - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 01:06 PM)Teveriel Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 12:38 PM)J Wrote:

I'm still hoping that FFXII HD comes, especially if it's the International Zodiac version and they put as much work into it as they did the Kingdom Hearts and FFX/X-2 HD remixes.

And I'm not that far into the main story yet, but the similarities to the Judges haven't escaped me!

I'd like that! When I heard FFX was getting the HD treatment I began hoping for FFXII to get the same luxury, especially since it's such a beautifully designed game. Then again, I've always found Ivalice to be very pleasing - Vagrant Story back on the PS1 has stood the test of time rather well due to the distinct atmosphere and environment design.

I'm also pretty sure a lot of people from FFXII's team are working on FFXIV. I've already seen a couple of enemies that are heavily based off of their FFXII counterparts and Coerthas reminds me a lot of the Paramina Rift.