Hydaelyn Role-Players
A'khenna Khai - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: A'khenna Khai (/showthread.php?tid=4701)

A'khenna Khai - ketididnot - 09-22-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: A'khenna Khai
  • Primary character: A'khenna Khai
  • Linkshells: The Moonwatyr Clan, The Grindstone
  • Primary RP linkshell: The Grindstone [probably]

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I consider myself a medium RPer because I care a lot about being accurate to the lore, personally, and like to keep track of my character's progression and such, but I'm not always in character in game and I'm still kind of new to RPing in an MMO, so yeah.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    RP combat, from what I've seen, seems really cool. I'd really like to try it at some point. As for injuries, as long as there are healers, broken bones and other more serious injuries would be okay, I think. I just don't want my character to die or permanently lose a limb.

• Views on IC romance:
    First off, I have no intention of doing ERP. It doesn't interest me at all. Romance is okay, though. The only bad thing about romance rp is that a happy couple is somewhat boring to rp and I'd prefer other kinds of drama to the kind of drama found in a relationship. But I'm not adverse to romance if it happens.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I really don't want to RP my character having a child. Tribe RP is fine, since she's a sun seeker miqo'te, but I have siblings in mind for her as NPC's and they're still somewhat young. Half siblings would be fine, if anyone has or wants to have the same last name as well as the first letter. Well, I guess the last name wouldn't be necessary for males, but you should get what I mean. Other kinds of relations (allies, enemies, acquaintances, friends) are all welcome, though A'khenna is probably more likely to consider someone an ally than a friend.

• Views on lore:
    I'm still learning bits of the lore, but I like it a lot so far. If I mess something up lore-wise, please do let me know. I might be temporarily embarrassed, but it will help me in the long run.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I like to roleplay in /say and /em. I have yet to rp in a linkshell, but since they are a bit like phones in the lore a conversation that would be had over a phone would probably be fine. Except I think that everyone who has the pearl would hear your conversation, so private things should probably be done face to face. I think I prefer open rp where people can observe and join in as they please, but I'd probably be okay with rp in /party sometimes too if the other person is/people are more comfortable with that.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: EST
  • Contact info: Here via PM or in game, preferably.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: A'khenna Khai - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 04:34 PM)ketididnot Wrote:
  • Primary RP linkshell: The Grindstone [probably]
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
    RP combat, from what I've seen, seems really cool. I'd really like to try it at some point. As for injuries, as long as there are healers, broken bones and other more serious injuries would be okay, I think. I just don't want my character to die or permanently lose a limb.

I'm so happy to have you with us~ Your character, though quiet (I think you were trying to watch that fight), is adorable and fully geared, looks like, to hang out wif Sio. If you'd like to learn RP combat, I would be more than happy to teach you and any of the marvelous people in the Grindstone likely feel the same way if you want to try a little spar.

There's a very good chance you know as much about the lore as me, if not more. o.o And you can always ask questions if you get a little stumped so that you don't have to feel embarrassed.

RE: A'khenna Khai - ketididnot - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 05:05 PM)Siobhain Wrote: I'm so happy to have you with us~ Your character, though quiet (I think you were trying to watch that fight), is adorable and fully geared, looks like, to hang out wif Sio. If you'd like to learn RP combat, I would be more than happy to teach you and any of the marvelous people in the Grindstone likely feel the same way if you want to try a little spar.

There's a very good chance you know as much about the lore as me, if not more. o.o And you can always ask questions if you get a little stumped so that you don't have to feel embarrassed.

It was partially her watching the fights, partially the fact that she listens more than she talks anyway, and partially my nerves. She'll probably get a bit more talkative as I get more comfortable, but she'll most likely never be the center of attention in a group conversation.

I was actually thinking that I could learn RP combat while A'khenna learns IC combat, so sparring would definitely be great, but maybe having one person that she sort of learns most things from that would also be okay with helping me learn would be even better.

As for the lore, I'll probably ask questions ooc in the linkshell if I'm rping and need the information right then, but otherwise I'm okay with looking it up. Unless I can't find anything, in which case I'll go ahead and ask about that too. c:

(09-22-2013, 05:29 PM)ketididnot Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 05:05 PM)Siobhain Wrote: I'm so happy to have you with us~ Your character, though quiet (I think you were trying to watch that fight), is adorable and fully geared, looks like, to hang out wif Sio. If you'd like to learn RP combat, I would be more than happy to teach you and any of the marvelous people in the Grindstone likely feel the same way if you want to try a little spar.

It was partially her watching the fights, partially the fact that she listens more than she talks anyway, and partially my nerves. She'll probably get a bit more talkative as I get more comfortable, but she'll most likely never be the center of attention in a group conversation.

I was actually thinking that I could learn RP combat while A'khenna learns IC combat, so sparring would definitely be great, but maybe having one person that she sort of learns most things from that would also be okay with helping me learn would be even better.

As for the lore, I'll probably ask questions ooc in the linkshell if I'm rping and need the information right then, but otherwise I'm okay with looking it up. Unless I can't find anything, in which case I'll go ahead and ask about that too. c:

I'll admit-- our events get a bit hectic now and then and it's easy to lose posts in a flood of text. It's particularly difficult for me to give anyone enough attention because of how much is usually going on for me OOCly and ICly. But most of the week is our down time so as long as you have time to spare RPing then both you and your character will have plenty of time to open up!

Learning RP combat while the character learns combat is spectacular. It's part of the foundation upon which I wanted to start anything involving fights. So long as she knows what she wants to do, I feel pretty confident that she can get some tutoring in whatever area of weapons-play (or unarmed combat) that she'd like to learn. Actually, this gives me an idea...

So long as you know you can ask anything anytime and anyone here or there will do what they can to help you out, I am glad.

RE: A'khenna Khai - ketididnot - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 05:52 PM)Siobhain Wrote: I'll admit-- our events get a bit hectic now and then and it's easy to lose posts in a flood of text. It's particularly difficult for me to give anyone enough attention because of how much is usually going on for me OOCly and ICly. But most of the week is our down time so as long as you have time to spare RPing then both you and your character will have plenty of time to open up!

Learning RP combat while the character learns combat is spectacular. It's part of the foundation upon which I wanted to start anything involving fights. So long as she knows what she wants to do, I feel pretty confident that she can get some tutoring in whatever area of weapons-play (or unarmed combat) that she'd like to learn. Actually, this gives me an idea...

So long as you know you can ask anything anytime and anyone here or there will do what they can to help you out, I am glad.
I have plenty of time for RP. Right now I only have plans on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday mornings, but none of those are full day things. It might change in the future, but for now my schedule is pretty open.

Well, I play gladiator, so she uses a sword and shield, but she'll probably also want to learn unarmed combat in case she's disarmed.

I gave you an idea?

(09-22-2013, 06:16 PM)ketididnot Wrote: I have plenty of time for RP. Right now I only have plans on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday mornings, but none of those are full day things. It might change in the future, but for now my schedule is pretty open.

Well, I play gladiator, so she uses a sword and shield, but she'll probably also want to learn unarmed combat in case she's disarmed.

I gave you an idea?

You did give me an idea! I'll be starting a thread directly.

And learning unarmed is good~ Everyone should, especially White Mages, given how tiny their wrists usually are.

<.<

I'll hopefully be on in a couple hours and if you have the time, we'll be able to RP! *excite* Now I'll stop spamming your directory page.