Hydaelyn Role-Players
Can you run it? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Can you run it? (/showthread.php?tid=483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Can you run it? - Kylin - 08-27-2010

For those of you who may have trouble figuring out what needs upgraded on your PC, a well known site has added FFXIV to its list of games. The site scans your PC and tells you whether you meet the minimum and/or recommended system requirements. It can be very helpful.

Just go here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://svc.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/analysis.aspx">http://svc.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/analysis.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Select FF14 from the drop down menu and let it do its quick analysis.

Re: Can you run it? - Veedo - 08-27-2010

My results:
Show Content

Tad confused by the top result. I don't know much about CPU's, but to me it looks like I didn't pass on that because it has a different name? Anyone with CPU knowledge able to tell me if there actually is a problem there?

Also, if anyone knows where to get the reccomended graphics card or higher (UK) for a decent price, I'd greatly appreciate it. Smile

Re: Can you run it? - Tagyr - 08-27-2010

Mine was

Recommended: Intel Core i7 (2.66 GHz) or faster
You Have: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz

RAM
Recommended: 4 GB
You Have: 6.0 GB

OS
Recommended: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 (build 7600), 64-bit

Video Card
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 with 768 MB VRAM or equivalent
You Have: NVxx (I have 2 NVIDIA Geforce GTS250 so don't know what happened there)
Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 768 MB 3.7 GB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0 4.0

And basically the rest a pass, just failed on the Video card for this strange reason as well. Think it just may have trouble scanning some things I'm not sure.

EDIT: Just did a bit of searching, it does this quite a lot sometimes when it just doesn't recognise a brand and says it needs an upgrade even if you have more then the recommended. So, maybe take it with a pinch of salt?

Re: Can you run it? - Veedo - 08-27-2010

I think also digital signatures for hardware may be different in other countries (Hence my intel core i7 with higher GHz getting classed as lower than the required.)

Re: Can you run it? - Trizzip - 08-28-2010

Show Content

Re: Can you run it? - Jaytyr - 08-28-2010

^^
Looks good

Show Content

Re: Can you run it? - ArmachiA - 08-28-2010

I was pretty shocked to run this on my laptop and have my laptop pass.

...what the hell XD

Re: Can you run it? - Kashemia - 08-28-2010

I almost ran it, then realized I was on my laptop too <.< But meh, might be nice if this one can actually run it...

Re: Can you run it? - Len - 08-28-2010

Kashemia Wrote:I almost ran it, then realized I was on my laptop too <.< But meh, might be nice if this one can actually run it...

I will cry if Kashy can't play Cry Cry

Re: Can you run it? - Kashemia - 08-28-2010

Len Wrote:I will cry if Kashy can't play Cry Cry

Hehe, I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems on my desktop. I don't know if my laptop will be able to run it, but that's not really that important anyway Tongue

Re: Can you run it? - Len - 08-28-2010

Kashemia Wrote:
Len Wrote:I will cry if Kashy can't play Cry Cry

Hehe, I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems on my desktop. I don't know if my laptop will be able to run it, but that's not really that important anyway Tongue

don't scare me like that Cry

Re: Can you run it? - Satrina - 08-28-2010

Veedo Wrote:My results:
Show Content

Tad confused by the top result. I don't know much about CPU's, but to me it looks like I didn't pass on that because it has a different name? Anyone with CPU knowledge able to tell me if there actually is a problem there?

Also, if anyone knows where to get the reccomended graphics card or higher (UK) for a decent price, I'd greatly appreciate it. Smile

Not really sure why it's saying your CPU isn't good enough. I got the video card thing as well where all of the sub options for my card were fine but I just didn't have the right model type *eye roll*

Either way you're fine to run it high. My system ran the beta fine with settings all on high but no AA.

Re: Can you run it? - Kejira - 08-28-2010

Satrina Wrote:
Veedo Wrote:My results:
Show Content

Not really sure why it's saying your CPU isn't good enough. I got the video card thing as well where all of the sub options for my card were fine but I just didn't have the right model type *eye roll*

Either way you're fine to run it high. My system ran the beta fine with settings all on high but no AA.

I ran it on higest in beta and it says that both my graphics card and cores isn't good enough *pouts* so confusing

Re: Can you run it? - Kylin - 08-28-2010

There's a huge difference between minimum requirements and recommended requirements. Very few people are going to meet all of the recommended specs simply because they're so high. Your main focus should be on the min requirements.

Re: Can you run it? - Boots - 08-28-2010

Show Content

Yay! I pass everything on recommended save CPU (which makes no sense, as the game is not optimized for quad cores and hyper-threading anyway, bizarre right?)! But serious question, why did my Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 show up as having 744mb ram instead of the, like, 2gigs it actually has inside. It passes recommended, so I'm not unhappy, just confused.