Hydaelyn Role-Players
Leveling grand companies ranking - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Leveling grand companies ranking (/showthread.php?tid=4843)

Leveling grand companies ranking - Hansem Wildsteel - 09-29-2013

Hi, I am around level 40 for my adventuring class, and to my dismay, GC leves are now very rare ( I can only get one at a time in Whitebrim ) and what is even worse is that they are not really giving more seals than they were at level 25 or 30 ( maybe 10-15 seals more, but not much )

So, how do you make sure that the grind is not too unbearable?

By the way, I know that you can grind FATE, but waiting in a zone so that 1 FATE pop every 45 minutes is not really my cup of tea....

Thanks

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Suisei'to - 09-29-2013

You don't, FATE groups are really the only alternative to leves. The best thing is to get into a FATE group and ride it out as long as you can. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Cato - 09-29-2013

You're able to turn in excess equipment for seals - typically the sort you get from dungeons - to one of the Grand Company NPC's. I'm not sure how efficient it is since the amount of seals I've gotten from low to mid level equipment has only been around 50-115 per item but it may help supplement things!

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Hansem Wildsteel - 09-30-2013

Thank you guys, very appreciated. At least there is some alternative out there.

I must admit that it is a problem I have with the game, as FATE are incredibly dull ( its not very active as in a zone you get the same one over and over and over ) yet they seem to be the most efficient way to do everything in game, like getting seals and leveling.

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Cato - 10-01-2013

(09-30-2013, 02:59 PM)Hansem Wildsteel Wrote: Thank you guys, very appreciated. At least there is some alternative out there.

I must admit that it is a problem I have with the game, as FATE are incredibly dull ( its not very active as in a zone you get the same one over and over and over ) yet they seem to be the most efficient way to do everything in game, like getting seals and leveling.

I'm hoping that the experience and seals rewarded from battle orientated levequests will be boosted in order to be more in line with what FATE events reward. I think it'd be pretty fair considering it often takes longer to complete a levequest than it does a FATE - for the most part, anyway.

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Hansem Wildsteel - 10-03-2013

Completely agree Theo, it would be a very good start!

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Cato - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 07:34 PM)Hansem Wildsteel Wrote: Completely agree Theo, it would be a very good start!

I'll go ahead and submit it as a suggestion through the in-game support tool, then!

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Nebbs - 10-04-2013

Well I avoided FATE grind groups, I figure I will have to get into that madness for other classes/jobs.

I gout my level and GC up through the story quests, dungeons and Hunter Log, which gives you a good boost on your GC. The last rank does not open up until you finish the story it seems, by which time I found I had already better gear.

For FATEs they are needed but I did them solo and mostly when they were close.

RE: Leveling grand companies ranking - Hansem Wildsteel - 10-05-2013

(10-04-2013, 05:54 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Well I avoided FATE grind groups, I figure I will have to get into that madness for other classes/jobs.

I gout my level and GC up through the story quests, dungeons and Hunter Log, which gives you a good boost on your GC. The last rank does not open up until you finish the story it seems, by which time I found I had already better gear.

For FATEs they are needed but I did them solo and mostly when they were close.

Thanks, I really hate FATE groups because of how incognito you tend to go in them, so I prefer grinding them alone to be honest. At least I dont expect people to actually answer my question and then go ignored...lol