Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey (/showthread.php?tid=4931)

Pages: 1 2

FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Mongoose - 10-06-2013

Hats off to RushOfNeon of the IGN Website.
The survey is still active and contains over 3200 responses so far.

FFXIV-ARR character & demographic multi-site survey
The specific links for filling out the survey, and for seeing the results, are in the above URL.

Hope this is useful.
Cheers.

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Cato - 10-06-2013

An interesting questionnaire, I filled it in!

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - TheLastCandle - 10-06-2013

Confirms my suspicion that Elezen and Roegadyn are woefully underappreciated!

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - K'dath - 10-06-2013

Looking at the end results, I can't help but feeling a bit of racial guilt.

Also, confirmed my suspicions about the median player age being much higher than usual.

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Faye - 10-06-2013

Now just ask yourself how many Miqo'te ladies are single white men...

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Desmond Aryll - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 03:52 PM)Faye Wrote: Now just ask yourself how many Miqo'te ladies are single white men...

-Goes to make a Miqo'te lady.-

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Val - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 05:22 PM)Desmond Aryll Wrote:
(10-06-2013, 03:52 PM)Faye Wrote: Now just ask yourself how many Miqo'te ladies are single white men...

-Goes to make a Miqo'te lady.-

Hah! Joke's on you. I already have four.

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - LiadansWhisper - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 03:18 PM)Teveriel Wrote: Confirms my suspicion that Elezen and Roegadyn are woefully underappreciated!

I want to play one, but...the proportions on the females just...I can't.  I can't.  *sigh*  Something about the head, neck, and shoulders.

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Lost River - 10-06-2013

Goodness, so many straight white guys.

*giggles* On other news, I so love these things. The surveys are interesting indeed. Bring more forms! I must have more forms!

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Salty Lake - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 11:29 PM)Lost River Wrote: Goodness, so many straight white guys.

I know, right? I am always reminding my nongamer friends (which is most my friends) that games aren't just for straight white guys, and then I see player demographics of my beloved FFXIV! Ah well, can't win them all.

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Cato - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 11:41 PM)Salty Lake Wrote:

I know, right?  I am always reminding my nongamer friends (which is most my friends) that games aren't just for straight white guys, and then I see player demographics of my beloved FFXIV!  Ah well, can't win them all.

I tend to lean towards the - likely controversial - belief that most people are bisexual to at least some degree even if they never actually act upon it, so...I'll be taking that particular result with a hefty dose of salt.

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - cuideag - 10-06-2013

I always get reaaaal funny looks when I tell people this.

edit: this being the "most people are probably actually bi" thing, since quotes aren't working for me. >_<

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - LiadansWhisper - 10-07-2013

(10-06-2013, 11:46 PM)Theodric Ironheart Wrote:
(10-06-2013, 11:41 PM)Salty Lake Wrote:

I know, right?  I am always reminding my nongamer friends (which is most my friends) that games aren't just for straight white guys, and then I see player demographics of my beloved FFXIV!  Ah well, can't win them all.

I tend to lean towards the - likely controversial - belief that most people are bisexual to at least some degree even if they never actually act upon it, so...I'll be taking that particular result with a hefty dose of salt.

Perhaps most, but definitely not all!  Smile

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Lament - 10-07-2013

Note the number of people who are also on Reddit and you might be less surprised by the number of straight white guys. ;)

RE: FFXIV Player Demographic Survey - Faye - 10-07-2013

(10-07-2013, 04:10 AM)Elissa Wrote: Note the number of people who are also on Reddit and you might be less surprised by the number of straight white guys. Wink

This does indeed explain a lot!