Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? (/showthread.php?tid=4975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Cato - 10-08-2013

A simple question, though one that will no doubt bring forth quite a bit of discussion and a vast variety of different ideas. There's quite a few features that I'd like to see added to FFXIV, though I'm lucky enough to have at least two of them confirmed for future patches: individual player housing and a barber shop.

There's some other things I'd like to see added, though:

- The ability to 'hide' jewellry in a manner similar to how you can choose to not display your character's head gear.

- A hard mode for Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium. I won't spoil anything but both dungeons have some of the most memorable boss fights and musical pieces present in the game, though they're a tad on the easy side for what they're meant to represent.

- A boost to the amount of experience rewarded for battle levequests in order to bring them more in line with the amount that FATE events reward players with.

- Additional ways to acquire gil, perhaps offering a decent chunk as an incentive to go back and do some of the low level dungeons and guildhests.

- More options for the character creation system. Some of the races have many more features to customise than others and a lot of player characters look eerily similar to each other.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-08-2013

A butt to bust slider. Too top heavy for my tastes.

I'd also like to see a 'wear this item' thing where you click on something to see what your toon would look like in it? There might be one, but if there is, I've missed it.

I'd also like them to add some more emotes. I know there are a lot of them but mm... wish there were more.

And finally... a perpetual knee emote. I hate kneeling for five seconds and getting back up.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - K'dath - 10-08-2013

Leviathin-egi.
[Image: 9udzBHO.png]
Also, a way to Vylbrand (Limsa Lominsa) from Aldenard (main continent) without paying. You have to option to walk from Ul'dah to Gridania if you don't want to waste the cash porting or taking an air ship. But need to get to Limsa? Too bad, better pony up. As a miser, this drives me utterly insane.

I hope they remedy this by giving chocobos an additional 'water wings' barding which will enable me to float them across the ocean. Don't laugh, cassowaries can swim.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Kismet - 10-08-2013

- A permanent /kneel emote.
- A new fairy and/or egi for SCH/SMN. Maybe a third Carbuncle.
- A /sleep or /liedown emote.
- A preview armor/weapons feature.
- The ability to dye items we currently cannot that already have different color variations present in the game. (I'm looking at you, Acolyte's Robe... <_<)
- Moar character customization features.
- Optional race-specific quest lines would be cool.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Erik Mynhier - 10-08-2013

(For Males) The ability to turn on or off our facial hair. IRL I can grow a beard one day and shave the next can't I?

More bardings for non-chocobo mounts.

Special "Freelancer" skills that could be earned through quests. Each on and added trait. Stuff like longer sprints, better prices from shops, exc. QOL stuff.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Nox - 10-08-2013

- Name changes. I've seen way too many people make a character, then decide that they dislike the race or something and want to change... but are stuck with a highly race specific name. I'm one such case. I kind of want to switch from Miqo'te to Elezen but, as you can see, my character's name is "X'sato Gysahl". 

- More customization options, specifically hair.

- I'd love to see a stance choice. Much like how Male Roe MRD/WAR have a different stance from every other race in the game, I'd like to see that but... By choice. Not just for combat stances either. I'd love to have a different standing stance from what I have. So, more or less, different animations you can pick.

- More Hair.

- More Hair.

- Did I mention more hair?

- Vanity slots. Now.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Brave - 10-08-2013

I want the class that lets me use a greatsword.

This MORE then anything ><

Other then that a lot of the things people brought up are things I'd echo.
*ponders*
Class specific limit breaks would be nice.  That way Pugilists don't whip out buster swords because they think it would be cool to disregard all their punchy training =P

Let's see...

Maybe a crafting profession that had us dabble into magitech stuff?  I think it would be nice to see Cid encouraging his new home to adopt the technology for good. =P

All the other changes are just icing on the cake =)

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - LiadansWhisper - 10-09-2013

- Vanity Slots
- More endgame dungeons, please please please
- Vanity gear (whether crafted or something you can just buy and put in your vanity slots)
- more chocobo colors
- more hairstyles for Midlander Females, as there is a terrible lack of options right now!
- Long hair!  omg...
- Permanent kneel emote
- sleep/lie down emote
- the ability to /sit on ledges!
- more chocobo colors
- a barbershop!
- horses (sorry, but I love horses! and no, my unicorn doesn't count!)

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Rinh Hallani - 10-09-2013

• More character customisation options, from faces to hair and everything in between.
  • Barber shop.
  • Name changes, paid or free.
  • TRANSMOGGING gear!
  • A /sleep emote particularly but more emotes in general.
  • Ability to preview armour on your character.
  • Dye options more like GW2 so you can dye each area of the armour separately, e.g. black on the trimming, red on the main, or whatever.
  • Ability to dye more (most? all?) armour sets.
  • Right-click, report for spamming, insta-blacklist button on chat.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Aeslyn Grey - 10-09-2013

Speech bubbles for when players use /say, and a last logged in feature to make management of Free Companies and Linkshells easier as well as all of the above.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - TheLastCandle - 10-09-2013

- Rapiers as a seperate weapon class and ome sort of Fencer class and/or Red Mage job.
- Black chocobos.
- Vanity slots/gear.
- More egi! Leviathan, Ramuh.
- Ties into the above, but more primals. FF has a wealth of summons/espers/eidolons to choose from. It should be a given, but..

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Yloise - 10-09-2013

• Vanity armor/clothes!

sorry i couldn't make it any larger. Smile

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Lutra - 10-09-2013

I am a relatively new player, but there are a few things that I miss/wish were in this game.
  • Preview armour
  • Right click blacklist for spammers
  • Race specific quests
  • More hair! Or more race-specific hair...?
  • Dye options like GW2 would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath
  • More chocobo colours
  • Chocobo breeding/stables (I like chocobos..)
  • More body/face customization options
  • Name changes
  • Buyable "Fantasia" potion (cash or gil)
  • Skinning armour
  • Pet macros
There are probably more, but that's off the top of my head.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - SessionZero - 10-09-2013

Cloaks. Everything else I want has been said.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Cato - 10-09-2013

A limit to the amount of times someone can post something in the 'shout' chat channel would be brilliant. Perhaps up to six messages per minute? It'd encourage more people to write in full sentences and stop gil sellers from spamming over and over and over again.

I'd also like the option to defect to the Garlean Empire at some point or play as a pure blooded Garlean that is aligned with the Garlean Empire. If we're to see Garlemald I want to see it from the perspective of those that inhabit it, rather than as an invasive force from Eorzea to 'save' it.