Hydaelyn Role-Players
Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh (/showthread.php?tid=5063)

Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Erik Mynhier - 10-14-2013

So before early launch I had my heart set on Gilgamesh, but my heart was broken. I was thrown violently into a bed of needles (Cactaur). I had a few friends who were to join me but it never happened and they became entangled in their own worlds (servers), but I never did. I believe that there is more to an mmo then gear level and dungeon grinding. Those elements are the nutrients of the mmo, but not the flavor. I love to RP, to hit a few dungeons then go to the tavern to play out the lives of our characters.

The server transfers are upon us and I will soon be upon you. I would love to know people who would have this old fighter as a friend. I am not legacy, so my only option is Gilgamesh.

To know Erik I would show you a rough outline of a man who saw war, and chose to find a better way.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Erik_Mynhier

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner sseking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Faye - 10-14-2013

Not trying to drag you away from Gilgamesh, but non-Legacy players can make characters on or transfer to Balmung. People can transfer to Legacy servers, just not from Legacy servers at this point. Smile

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner sseking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Aleister - 10-14-2013

(10-14-2013, 08:48 PM)Faye Wrote: Not trying to drag you away from Gilgamesh, but non-Legacy players can make characters on or transfer to Balmung. People can transfer to Legacy servers, just not from Legacy servers at this point. Smile
Oh hey! Its the girl who's white hair I nommed! C: But yeah she's right about that. Not trying to drag you either just also pointing out that you aren't restricted as a non-legacy.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner sseking RP friends on Gilgamesh - CrimsonMars - 10-14-2013

Chiyo Hoshi is also a part-time miner. Perhaps those two would get along. Smile

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner sseking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Erik Mynhier - 10-15-2013

Actually I didn't know I was eligible for a legacy server. What is the current state of Balmung right now? As far as civility, economy, and RP tolerance as compared to Gilgamesh? I want to make the right choice if I in fact have a choice.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner sseking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Faye - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 01:57 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Actually I didn't know I was eligible for a legacy server. What is the current state of Balmung right now? As far as civility, economy, and RP tolerance as compared to Gilgamesh? I want to make the right choice if I in fact have a choice.

I haven't played on Gilgamesh for comparison, but I have no complaints about Balmung! Lots of great people and no shortage of role-play if you're looking in the right places.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner sseking RP friends on Gilgamesh - KitKat - 10-15-2013

There is a lot of RP on Balmung. And great people, except that Rhylund fellow. He's a butt.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - CrimsonMars - 10-15-2013

Gil isn't bad at all, either. We may have a few haters here and there but, what game hasn't? Whichever server you choose, you'll be fine either way.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Erik Mynhier - 10-15-2013

Well got on this morning and transfered. The system was so glitched that it took me an hour of refreshing. Once I did finally get through Gilgamesh was not an option and only Balmung. I take it as a sign from the Twelve and rolled with it. I am now on Balmung, appropriate for an Asatru I suppose. I want to thank you all for your wisdom and advice.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Val - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 01:17 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Well got on this morning and transfered. The system was so glitched that it took me an hour of refreshing. Once I did finally get through Gilgamesh was not an option and only Balmung. I take it as a sign from the Twelve and rolled with it. I am now on Balmung, appropriate for an Asatru I suppose. I want to thank you all for your wisdom and advice.

Welcome to Balmung! Feel free to add me on Val Nunh and, if you want to RP sometime, we can certainly do so =)

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - cuideag - 10-15-2013

Good to have you on Balmung! Please feel free to look Jajara up sometime. Miner and goldsmith by profession and always eager to make new friends!

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Aleister - 10-15-2013

I hear the market on non legacy servers are way more stable then legacy or so friends say and welcome to balmung!

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - Erik Mynhier - 10-15-2013

The market on Cactaur was pure chaos really. Working the MB on Balmung today I found it much friendlier toward gatherers. Example: On Cactaur I dealt in a lot of dyes, the price on the MB for Snow White dye, the most popular on the server, would fluctuate between 50g a bottle to 500g in an hour, then drop again. Same with Myth-Ore, one minute it 30g/ea, then 700g/ea. It was madness.

I cant wait to add you all, you seem so friendly, and that's something I miss from my gamer past.

RE: Veteran Highlander Miner seeking RP friends on Gilgamesh - KitKat - 10-15-2013

Always like seeing more highlanders.

Feel free to add me: Katja Wynter