Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lottie Forsaidh - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Lottie Forsaidh (/showthread.php?tid=5138)

Lottie Forsaidh - Lottie - 10-18-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Lottie Forsaidh & R'sonjha Seht.

• Primary character: Lottie Forsaidh.

• Linkshells: AGENTS, and a bit of other linkshells.

• Primary RP linkshell: AGENTS but she's generally well known to be an able conjurer and seeks to help anyone who asks for it..

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy, bb. Now there are times where I just want to (have fuuuu-ahhnnn, oh gurls jas - ) level with the RP partner or finish a dungeon in order to get some vanity items; so I'm prone to doing one half leveling and the other half roleplaying. My days are usually spent at work until the very late evening, so unless it's my weekend, you'll find me RPing already.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Roleplay combat is a little tricky for me because sometimes, how someone writes can be taken in many different ways and I like people who are literal as possible - someone who can give me the basic idea of what they're doing and allow my imagination to do the rest. I like watching but combat is rather tricky for me to act out unless it's been pre-determined already or at least executed in privacy, where there is a few people watching who aren't constantly spamming walls of text about how their day has been! Injuries are a given, of course I'll represent what damage she has taken but if it involves anything heavy such as dismembered body parts or death, you'll have to let me know ahead of time. But never will I fight to win and in fact, favor losing.
  • Views on IC romance:
    "She's taken at the moment and it's adorbs and such, I'm open to it but it can't take over everything that I do." - this statement is super old but I still stand by it! Currently she's involved with someone and though it's known that people can roleplay infidelity, it's not something that Lottie would do.

But even without mentioning the roleplay partner I have, Lottie isn't very easy to approach with romance. She's been in love and has had her heart broken, so it's become difficult for her to learn how to trust another with her heart. Not to mention she's very strict when it comes to her work ethic; she will enjoy spending time with them but there needs to an understanding that her duty as a conjurer is important and cannot bare to neglect that fact. Some peeps usually like to completely stay IC with no connections, others like to build something of an OOC/trust friendship! I'm down with both though given the choices, I'd like to feel comfortable and also my partner.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I would be greatly touched if anyone wished to play an actual relative of Lottie so it's something that I'd definitely try out. Her mother and father sort of exist in my image, so it's not likely I'm interested in someone roleplaying them but she's had many childhood friends who have been there for her! So if you'd like to contribute, let me know.
  • Views on lore:
    I stick to the lore as much possible, even if it involves dealing with a little bit of grim and tears. If people don't and have their own idea of how things work, good for you! Just bear in mind that it may make roleplaying a little harder for us to accomplish because Lottie has a few traits that otherwise wouldn't be there, had she not been raised in Gridania. But the city is certainly one of my favorite of the starter places so far!
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I talk OOC and IC all the flippin' time, I don't mind it all because I think OOC bonds make the RP just -that- much stronger. I've made a lot of precious new friends because of going into an OOC discussion.
  • For roleplay, I appreciate using /says and /emotes since I enjoy detail - though I did notice a certain tend people tend to do.

So and so is a superhero sexyfaise, so I'm immune to what you just did thar.

I have no idea that you're a superhero sexyfaise and neither does Lottie. Bear in mind what post as an emote, is something that I'm or Lottie isn't going to realise unless there are legit hints left! I also enjoy emotes that aren't very exaggerated, people who bear in mind to detail (when people are RPing but 'whispering' to each other, you need to realise that if you're not a Miqo'te or an Elezen- you'll probably not hear much) and are considerate of other people and company.

A lot of people don't think that there's much to gain out of emoting 'scuse me and walking around someone/crowds of people but it really does put in some detail to your character that they get to know! Do they shove? Do they pardon and slither through? Or do they yell and threaten until there's a clear path for them?

III. Other Info

• Timezone: central.

• Contact info: Just leave me a message on here, I check them religiously!

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Lottie Forsaidh - Olofantur - 10-18-2013

Welcome to the RPC Forums Dovey,

Looks like you've already got a couple linkshells and a decent amount of information to work with.

I'm a big fan of Gridania as well, and am beyond excited for Good King Moogle Mog which will hopefully have a nice Gridanian tale to go along with it like 1.0. Waiting for the Shroud housing is something that becomes a little harder with each teaser of Limsa that they release.

Hope you've had the chance to take a look at the calendar, feel free to check out the events, some are invitations, some are open, all of them will likely be engrossing so you can hardly go wrong.

Hope to see you in Eorzea, and good luck out there!

RE: Lottie Forsaidh - Lottie - 02-11-2015

Updated!