Hydaelyn Role-Players
I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC (/showthread.php?tid=5139)

Pages: 1 2

I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Candor - 10-18-2013

Me: I'm a veteran RPer across many games and years, and am looking for that rich experience that we all know and love. I enjoy playing grounded characters that explore the human elements of life and conflicts, and staunchly avoid highly fantastic levels of ability, power, wealth, influence, etc. This is to say that I prefer the normal man cast in extraordinary situations, opposed to playing the extraordinary man cast into every situation.

My usual play times are after 5:00pm EST, and I enjoy everything from dungeon crawl RP to bar talk RP. 

You: You represent a dedicated role playing FC that can also support a character still rising through the levels. Your people are friendly and helpful, and not at all closed against the idea of new comers. Your members don't sport names like Kewl Dude, nor do they "borrow" from others' creativity - i.e. the rash of Strifes, Highwinds, Starks, etc. Your FC name isn't something I'll be embarrassed to tack onto my character label - i.e. No LUST, ERP!, Desire, etc.

Size counts, and while I wholly support up and coming FCs, right now I'm looking for something with the quantity to support quality.

I have several other players that I regularly play with, and each are also engaging RPers. If anyone feels that their FC is a right fit for me, or I'm a right fit for their FC, it's quite possible that the others will join me.

Anyone out there?

RE: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Olofantur - 10-18-2013

Hrm,

well i'll assume for now you've taken a look at the "Linkshell" directory that hosts both LS/FC's. There are quite a few off the record, such as TALE, many of those group encourage you to meet and greet in game, but hopefully some one will touch base with you here.

If nothing else feel free to drop me a line in game (or on Skype, "quarimar") and i'll get you an invite to the shared OOC skype channel where you can poke around. Its a fairly constant stream of babble, where people are, what they're doing who they're with etc.

I hope you have the chance to find a fitting home, Please let me know if you have questions about any group in particular or any events that are approaching. I do my best to keep a bit of an overview in mind.

RE: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Nnejo - 10-18-2013

Greetings,
I am apart of an up and coming FC, known as The Blackwater Company with my linkshell (Ambrosia) under it's umbrella. As it stands out group is small though our content and story is not. My guild leader is A'bhen Nunh, his character heads up the Company. 

Brief Description from Abhen:
Quote:The simple premise of the Blackwater Company is to enact as a hub for underground dealings. Be it illegal, taboo, or otherwise, the general theme for the Free Company will be set around an ongoing story of this niche. 

Due the nature of the theme it is understood that there will be some mature content. If this even remotely interests you then I encourage you to reach out to A'bhen here or in game, though any messages here would likely be seen first. I do believe I have said enough for now, I look forward to hearing from you.

EDIT: Silly me, you are looking on Balmung, correct?

Not to be the rain on the parade (and please correct me if i'm wrong)

But you'll be on Balmung correct?

I didn't know the Black Water Company was opening a Balmung wing, although that would suite me fine, lord does it take a lot of bribes to get some childre- I mean chickens.. yes.. chickens.. to experiment on.

...Cactuar

(10-18-2013, 11:10 AM)Olofantur Wrote: Not to be the rain on the parade (and please correct me if i'm wrong)

But you'll be on Balmung correct?

I didn't know the Black Water Company was opening a Balmung wing, although that would suite me fine, lord does it take a lot of bribes to get some childre- I mean chickens.. yes.. chickens.. to experiment on.

...Cactuar

Haha I just edited my post at the same time as your question came up. I think he is judging from the Server listed under his name.

(10-18-2013, 11:11 AM)Isis Wrote: Haha I just edited my post at the same time as your question came up. I think he is judging from the Server listed under his name.

And im guessing thats a no to a BWC on Balmung, whelp, back to little Ala Mhigo to find some... "friends"

(10-18-2013, 11:15 AM)Olofantur Wrote:
(10-18-2013, 11:11 AM)Isis Wrote: Haha I just edited my post at the same time as your question came up. I think he is judging from the Server listed under his name.

And im guessing thats a no to a BWC on Balmung, whelp, back to little Ala Mhigo to find some... "friends"

Sadly nope not in the works.

RE: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Candor - 10-18-2013

To clarify - yes, I play on Balmung.

And while I wholly support every element of RP, from sun smashing god characters, to saucy kitties running bordellos, the latter isn't the sort of FC I'm currently looking for (neither is the former.)

Thank you for the warm invitation though.

I agree with you, its not really my shtick either, but can provide some authenticity to an other wise sterile environment.

I'll drop by and bump the thread to keep it exposed from time to time, and if you're on tonight feel free to message me in game, I'm better at making suggestions with the world in front of me.

You mentioned enjoying the "Ordinary individual in extraordinary circumstances" have you had the chance to speak with anyone from "The Travelers guild"? (Listed in the Linkshell directory.) A rather friendly bunch that make a habit of traipsing across the realm, which I would imagine provides a catalyst to both meet them, and to develop your character.

Just a thought.

(10-18-2013, 11:41 AM)Candor Ignifer Wrote: To clarify - yes, I play on Balmung.

And while I wholly support every element of RP, from sun smashing god characters, to saucy kitties running bordellos, the latter isn't the sort of FC I'm currently looking for (neither is the former.)

Thank you for the warm invitation though.

Seems to be the norm around here sadly, but to each his/her own. Best of luck to you!

RE: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Faye - 10-18-2013

Lust, Desire... ahaha are you from TERA?

No, I don't count TERA under the games I've RPed on.
And if I can judge by your reaction, I'm glad for it.

By the by - are you making an FC inquiry, or just commenting on some of the FC tags I've seen?

RE: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Kismet - 10-18-2013

To be fair, not ALL of the RP in TERA was of that nature. Faye only jokingly asked that because (or so I assume) there were actually two guilds on the RP server called Desire and Lust, the former of which was pretty well-known because it had a large roster and often claimed territories through the election system.

On a more on-topic note, I cannot think of any FCs with considerable numbers that fit what you may be looking for that are currently recruiting. Perhaps you could give us a little more info about your character so we better know what to suggest? (That or you could simply browse through this list if you have not done so already.).

I understand why you ask for more about my character, but he doesn't adhere to any theme really. He can belong anywhere or nowhere. I also keep to a strict join by player basis and not character basis - Sion can be adjusted, I can't.

So the FC and I need to fit well, not the FC and character.

And when I say that an FC must have the quantity to match the quality, I mean 20+ members or so. While that's relatively small, it's enough of a promising foundation to work with.

I've also looked over the LS directory, but I dislike impersonal profiles, and would much prefer to reach out to people that will reach back. Perhaps you could tell me a little about The Lantern?

RE: I'm Looking for a Dedicated RP FC - Falk Magus - 10-18-2013

Hey Candor. You should check The Moirai. We are a Free Company geared towards close knit adventuring parties and also RP event hosting. We have 20 in our roster with 5-8 usually on around the time you mentioned everyday right now, with more activity on the weekends as well. Judging by your original post I think you'd make a decent fit and invite you to play with us some time. If you're interested you can send a /tell or friends request to me or any of our officers: Rhan'ir Azal, L'sheba Lhiou, Miah Amariyo, and Gaganzo Hihinzo.
Link to our FC/LS listing: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=5038
Our website: http://moirai.enjin.com/

~Falk Magus
  [Balmung]