Hydaelyn Role-Players
hello friends - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: hello friends (/showthread.php?tid=5208)

hello friends - Izzy66 - 10-22-2013

hi i'm obviously new here.

i'm Izzy66 i bought final fantasy IVX real reborn today and will play it tomorrow when game is updated my primary character will be Miqo'te but i'm still uncertain about a name because i want to it to be lore friendly i'm thinking making a character either third or eight son don't know yet third sounds too old and eight is rare to find so if any of you wants to help me with the name i would be very grateful.

RE: hello friends - Ventus Zeruel - 10-22-2013

(10-22-2013, 04:50 PM)Izzy66 Wrote: hi i'm obviously new here.

i'm Izzy66 i bought final fantasy IVX real reborn today and will play it tomorrow when game is updated my primary character will be Miqo'te but i'm still uncertain about a name because i want to it to be lore friendly i'm thinking making a character either third or eight son don't know yet third sounds too old and third is rare to find so if any of you wants to help me with the name i would be very grateful.

Well hello there Izzy! Yeah I'm sure we can come up with some great names, there's even Generators for that.

My Mqo'te twin characters that I play with my girlfriend are called Rhuya'sae and Rhuya'li ...Sae means younger, Li means older, as for the last name, they're keepers, so they have their mothers last name, which is Enkhoti.

As for SEEKERS, I have no idea. XD

RE: hello friends - Olofantur - 10-22-2013

Greetings Izzy,

Welcome to the RPC!

Here's a link to the offical forums lore post about Miqo'te naming conventions.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61150-Miqo-te-Naming-Conventions

If you have the chance, take a look at some of the links on the front page like Eva's RP handbook to get a in depth guide to roleplay across the realm, it covers most of the major bases and provides and excellent foundation.

I recommend enough taking a look at the linkshell hall and the wiki as well, they both offer knowledge as to the groups and peoples involved in Eorzea. You can message people on the linkshell postings themselves, and the wiki (if you like) could be a home for your own character profile and works as you come to get a solid idea of who and what you'll be.

Feel free to ask lots of questions, raise some concerns! I'll do my best to help as I can. Best of luck in Eorzea Izzy.

RE: hello friends - Izzy66 - 10-23-2013

I found good name for my character Rhesh'ya Tayuun. now i have to come up with the backstory.

RE: hello friends - Olofantur - 10-23-2013

(10-23-2013, 03:40 PM)Izzy66 Wrote: I found good name for my character Rhesh'ya Tayuun. now i have to come up with the backstory.

Good to hear that you're making some inroads in to developing your character, there's a lot to draw from, be it in game, the wiki, or just life around you to help inspire what persona you want to put out into the work.

Most of my influence is drawn from novels i've read/am reading.

RE: hello friendsm - Izzy66 - 10-23-2013

(10-23-2013, 04:02 PM)Olofantur Wrote:
(10-23-2013, 03:40 PM)Izzy66 Wrote: I found good name for my character Rhesh'ya Tayuun. now i have to come up with the backstory.

Good to hear that you're making some inroads in to developing your character, there's a lot to draw from, be it in game, the wiki, or just life around you to help inspire what persona you want to put out into the work.

Most of my influence is drawn from novels i've read/am reading.

I just make up most of my characters background and little get some inspiration to make it bit deeper. Right now i'm thinking that he is orphan whos village/tribe/clan was raided and destroyed and is lone survivor so he left with his hunting gear and sword and started adventure and his quest for revenge because he obviously didn't have money for shelter or food he mostly stole the food or money or he hunted it stealing was last resort though if he was injured or too weak to hunt.