Hydaelyn Role-Players
Public IC Linkshells? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Public IC Linkshells? (/showthread.php?tid=5289)

Public IC Linkshells? - Aranya Northbrook - 10-28-2013

Hi everyone!

I've been on the server for a week or so now, but I'm still struggling with having my character fit in and find friends as she's on the shy side. Some of you may have noticed her pausing near your RP conversations, lingering for a few moments and then moving on. She wants badly to engage but just doesn't know how to bridge that gap. Walk up rp can be difficult for her, although a couple have managed to crack her shell. (Tausendel and Xha'in) ^.^

Anyway, I'm looking for any public Linkshells to join that are IC (at least some of the time, but I don't mind a mix of ooc also!) The Grindstone is a perfect example of this. I'm hoping this would allow her to listen in and open up to people at her own pace without feeling like she's intruding in person. I've looked at all the Linkshells in their section here but it seems like most are free companies and I already belong to one. (can you join more than one? That would be amazing!)

Please help, Aranya is lonely! Wink

RE: Public IC Linkshells? - Olofantur - 10-28-2013

Hello Aranya,

As a note about the groups on the Linkshell hall, while you can only have one FC, feel free to touch base with the staff of a given group, many of them have linkshell alternatives.

All the following advice is based on the assumption that you're on Balmung. (If you could add your character and server to your character profile that would be helpful for any future suggestions.)

Also feel free to take a look at and join any public events you might see on the Calendar. This might not be a long term solution, but there are quite a few drifters and many of the events will happen over a long enough duration you can play the "Slowly works their way into a more comfortable area" person without feeling rushed If (i'm understanding the desire correctly). While we haven't set a date for the third Coffer & Coffin event it will be open for all to attend.

I suppose part of the problem may be that most "IC" linkshell require an invite or for you to already know a someone to be invited. May I suggest checking out the "Intermission" linkshell? its the official OOC linkshell for the RPC on Balmung, there is of course a Gilgamesh equivalent. This could help you find out where people might be for a while and what groups might be looking for some one to interact with in a given area.

Hope that helps, and know that there's plenty like you quietly making their way in the world as well. I myself have made a successful effort to stay, more or less out of the way due to a mixture of IC and OOC reasons.

Hope to see you around Eorzea.

RE: Public IC Linkshells? - Aranya Northbrook - 10-29-2013

Thanks for the suggestions. And sorry I didn't specify my server, but it's Balmung. I filled out my profile on the Balmung directory but I still need to set up a wiki.

RE: Public IC Linkshells? - Olofantur - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 03:15 PM)Aranya Northbrook Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. And sorry I didn't specify my server, but it's Balmung. I filled out my profile on the Balmung directory but I still need to set up a wiki.

Welcome to Balmung then!, You can always take your time posting the wiki, i've left my own bare bones due to a couple people I used to interact with dropping the game and i'm still working how to fill those gaps.

As always, feel free to ask questions about anything you might not be clear on, lore, wiki editing, etc. There's a whole host of knowledgeable people in the RPC that will be more than willing to help. Until then, good luck in Eorzea.