Hydaelyn Role-Players
Characters dreams of evolution though class - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Characters dreams of evolution though class (/showthread.php?tid=5296)

Characters dreams of evolution though class - Leomoon - 10-28-2013

So I am new to XIV, the Lore and well am general noob to it all but I ave done time in WoW and Rp'd for over a few years and I would like to ask this.

My main Tana wishes to be a Dragoon knight one day after seeing one many years ago in her village, so she sets out on a quest to pretty much be rich and famous in her quest and adventure but how should this play out though the game?

How should a character handle from being a level 30 Lance to a Level 1 Marauder?

RE: Characters dreams of evolution though class - Sil'tel Ferima - 10-28-2013

Part of being great at one thing is having knowledge and experience of things that may be seperate but related. A Gladiator needs to know when a Dragoon can unleash their best attacks, and how efficiently a Conjurer can heal them. It's neither blasphemy or dishonorable to pursue different styles of warfare to enhance your experience with another.

And don't forget, supplimentary abilities require first-hand experience to be gained. You can't pull off something a Puglist can do without first learning it as a Pugilist.

RE: Characters dreams of evolution though class - K'dath - 10-28-2013

Segregation of game mechanics and story. Your character still has all the same approximate knowledge, skill, and experience. You can address using a different weapon ICly as having a desire/need to branch out and try other forms of combat in order to gain mastery. Or you can chose not to address that you're leveling another class ICly at all.

I level other things off and on, but if I'm being dragged into character I usually just switch back to Summoner anyway.

RE: Characters dreams of evolution though class - LandStander - 10-29-2013

Because we can switch jobs I think you should take it however you want. If you want her to train as a MRD, go for it, if not, then ignore it. I craft a lot..and I mean a lot, but that does not mean that IC Denn knows a lot about weaving or alchemy. Same with me currently leveling scholar.

RE: Characters dreams of evolution though class - Qhora Bajihri - 10-29-2013

I like to do my job switching in character, but with certain limitations. Like Darien can heal as a lowbie CNJ, so Darien IC knows a little bit about healing, but he's pretty unlikely to step up and save anyone from anything with sudden wand waving and glowy cures, unless he happened to already be in CNJ mode, which is almost never, and in which case, he'd be struggling with it.

I also figured he's an extremely curious person on a certain level, so trying out all these things is going to interest him. I have been working on any given job with him in order of IC interest, though, which amuses me.

He's a Lancer, but really, he'd never be a "Dragoon" per se, still he plays that off as having done some work for the Ishgardians and they gave him fancy armor.