Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for Potential Former Slaves/Current Bounty Hunters - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for Potential Former Slaves/Current Bounty Hunters (/showthread.php?tid=5330)

Looking for Potential Former Slaves/Current Bounty Hunters - Cota Orben - 11-01-2013

Hey guys, 

So - I'm really hoping to bolster my ranks for an RP plot-line I'm in before it begins to spiral into something beyond my control. As such, I'm sending out a plea across the Internet for any interested parties to volunteer as NPCs/long term PCs for this series of events. It will be fairly localized, between two particular characters, but there will be longevity to it. 

The Set-Up:

Rerekiya Lalakiya is an up-and-coming merchant lord within Ul'dah. His Goldsmithing skills have earned him a decent living wage, enough to spearhead another venture - a bounty hunting endeavor with a longtime friend (Ferus Ironlash). The two hunt down marks charged with various crimes, from robbery, to desertion, to murder. They've never really had a mark that's elicited any sort of question, until now.

See, the woman they're charged with hunting down now is Garlean - Rere is aware of this, Ferus is not. What's worse, they've been hired by the Garleans to bring her back - for a princely sum of course. Rere would likely, if prompted, make certain other people (listed below) aware of this too. Hence, he would choose the people to get involved in this venture rather carefully. Luckily, armed with the fact that the girl is not a military hazard, and that building a favorable relationship with the Empire will be a boon if they ever invade in force, Rere believes he can secure a group of trustworthy individuals. 

And that's where you come in. Here's what I'm looking for in particular. 

Ex-Slaves:

See, Rerekiya's backstory is one of fairly horrible circumstances. At an early age, he was sold into slavery to cover his father's gambling debts, and remained in bondage for some years until escaping and winning his freedom. The people within this category are all people he grew up with, who he has since helped escape or escaped with him. Thus, despite his rather cruel and somewhat flippant attitude toward other people, there is an established trust relationship between these two groups (Or at least between certain members in particular).

If you are interested in playing any of these parts, simply leave a comment and I will PM you with more details. There is a lot of flexibility here, so keep that in mind.

Miqo'te: Male [x], Female x2 [  ]

Lalafell: Male [ ], Female [ ] * (Very specific circumstances. Dedicated player only please)

Hyur: Male [ ], Female [ ] 

Many of these people would have been at least offered a position within the bounty hunting organization - or Annin's goldsmithing company, or both. As such, he will have approached all of them about the Garlean job, trusting in their trial by fire to keep them tied to his cause.

That's about it, unless anyone has further questions. I await any replies you might have. There is one caveat though; if you are currently involved with another long-term RP session, I'd rather you not apply for this. I do -not- want to feel like I am keeping anyone from other commitments. This is a dedicated, ongoing plotline that might warrant its own Linkshell, depending on how big it gets.

Again, thank you for your feedback.