Hydaelyn Role-Players
So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: So, now that we've seen the other cities... (/showthread.php?tid=535)

Pages: 1 2

So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Kima wolf - 09-03-2010

Which is your favorite so far? I love how pretty Gridania is myself it feels like a forest in a mainline offline Final Fantasy game. But having said that Ul'Dah is my favorite city. Any city where one of the first NPCs you meet is a prostitute tells me you're in for a wild ride haha.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Tadir - 09-03-2010

While I do like Ul'Dah, you just can't beat an ocean city. Limsa for me.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Jakky - 09-03-2010

While initially I had planned to start in Gridania, I really like Ul'dah for its vast spaces and its gritty social environment. Limsa mainly just irritated me with all of its hostile pirate NPCs but Ul'dah, while being a tough place to live, has a more amiable feel to it. Of course, a lot of that friendliness is simply a charismatic front...

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Rhio - 09-03-2010

I'll like Gridania more when I know where in the four-letter word everything is.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Soren Miren - 09-03-2010

While I won't deny that it misses the traditional city-esque vastness that makes Ul'dah and Limsa so appealing, Gridania really captures that isolationist "middle of a dense forest" feel that I was hoping for. However I can see how people would be easily turned off by both the layout of the city and the Black Shroud region.

All I know is you can barely see the sky above the canopy, and I <3 that. Its like a city built out of the Sanctuary of Zi'tah / Boyahda Tree.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Aveline - 09-03-2010

I'm absolutely in love with Ul'dah and Thanalan. It captured my interest when all we had was the concept art, but being in the city itself is just amazing.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Kashemia - 09-03-2010

While I haven't really seen Ul'dah yet, the concept fits Seraj almost too well... No, not the prostitude part <.<

But I actually love the concept of all the cities, and right now, I have no idea which one I'll end up spending the most time in.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Kejira - 09-03-2010

I like Gridania for all the flowers and all the green, it's so beautiful, and the spot with the waterfall is soo nice and so is the big amphitheater (outdoor Theater or Stage) is sooo nice, or the cool playground behind the Carpenter guild ^.^

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Kejira - 09-03-2010

*blushes deeply* ahh ohh heh well it seems it was true what i heared, one of the first female Npc's you meet in Ul'dah is a ummm prostitute, i like how what they say very much is directed to what Gender you are...as i guess the coment "I can Please you as well as Any man." points that out

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Cid_Mercer - 09-03-2010

While I'm in love with the NPCs and tone in Ul'dah and Gridania has the added bonus of Moogle, Limsa will almost definitely be my starting city.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Kejira - 09-04-2010

so right now i'm on my way to Ishgard, hope it is a nice place, anyone else been there?

Edit: awww the gate was locked *lay her ears down*

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Xzenivar - 09-04-2010

I haven't gotten into beta yet, I'm certain come retail I'll be starting in Limsa, it fits with the character too well not to mention that when I frame that Rite of Passage certificate to put on my wall, the blue will go with the decour perfectly. :approve:

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Ellion Goto - 09-04-2010

Ul'dah is my favorite place so far because it possesses the "grit" that can be found in any realistic city. I love the atmosphere and energy it throws off. That to me screams excitement.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Satisiun - 09-04-2010

Ellion Wrote:Ul'dah is my favorite place so far because it possesses the "grit" that can be found in any realistic city. I love the atmosphere and energy it throws off. That to me screams excitement.

In my case, that is exactly why I don't prefer Ul'dah.

I grew up next to/inside of New York City, and now live in the capital of Ohio. If I need grit, I can just drive about 10 minutes downtown. Laugh

Gridania speaks to my more relaxed, peaceful side. Something I don't get too often nowadays, not to mention I've always enjoyed nature, even if I don't get to partake in it as much as I used to.

Plus for all the ragging the two NPCs for Gridania get, I'm endeared to them. But on the other hand I like my slapstick characters more than my comedically suave characters, which Ul'dah seems to favor more.

Re: So, now that we've seen the other cities... - Asytra - 09-05-2010

Limsa!!!

I DESPISED it at first as I was so lost trying to get anywhere, but its a city that grows on you! Besides it fits my character SO well. I also love the ocean and sailing ships in real life, so it fits right in. Plus... Tons of places to feesh!

I also really really love Ul'dah. I might be spending time in both!

I really love Gridania as a city, but I hate hate hate the hunting lands around it. It feels so cramped and crowded. It will be fun to see what events people do in the amphitheater!