Hydaelyn Role-Players
What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What Characters Inspired Your Character? (/showthread.php?tid=5411)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Kheni'to - 11-09-2013

For any that wish to share inspirations for their character please do Smile

I know we all wish our characters to be totally unique, but I would assume most of us have at least some aspects of our character inspired by other characters from fiction (Or perhaps non-fiction!?).

However, if you managed to come up with a totally original character, I applaud you. Tell us how you did it?

My character has aspects of my own personality, but also influence from Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy 8) and Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail). 

[Image: Dissidia_Squall.png]

[Image: Gray_casts_his_magic.png]

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - CalebAgron - 11-09-2013

My own.

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Raeras - 11-09-2013

Raeras is based somewhat off of my Assassin in Aion, who goes by the same first name (Valhalla is my Aion cleric's last name xD), though this Raeras is a little more reserved and doesn't like killing people unless it's absolutely necessary. The other Rae really has no qualms with that unless it's someone she knows, etc

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Clover - 11-09-2013

I guess I see FFXIV as a too innocent and warm game, so Miyazaki heroines were my inspiration for creating my main character Clover.

For K'mih I didn't take inspiration from any character in particular.

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Magellan - 11-09-2013

(11-09-2013, 08:52 AM)Clover Wrote: I guess I see FFXIV as a too innocent and warm game, so Miyazaki heroines were my inspiration for creating my main character Clover.

For K'mih I didn't take inspiration from any character in particular.

Yesssss <3 Miyazaki.

Also, I love 'lighter' RP myself, and tend not to stray too far into dark territory.

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Flickering Ember - 11-09-2013

This:

[Image: IGww3dJ.png]

At least visually wise, was partially based off of this:

[Image: Vulcan_by_Denshoni.jpg]
http://denshoni.deviantart.com/art/Vulcan-69779932

A deviant art because I can't find an in game screen or sprite of it. 
Vulcans from Odin Sphere.

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Rosekitten - 11-09-2013

my own OC from years ago. ^^; I think my inspiration for that original character was Numair from the Immortal series.. though this character in FF is a mix of that OC and another OC of mine not sure my 2nd oc had a role model so to say...

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Brave - 11-09-2013

I pull from a lot of real life experiences/interactions from previous RP's.  I have to heavily alter them though from game to game (since things that happen in WoW or TOR obviously don't make sense for FFXIV or from my own writing/D&D or WoD games).

When I see games or anime that I really enjoy though I tend to find characters that remind me of my own.

Parn captured a lot of the ideas I had for Brave as a youth

[Image: ParnandDeed_zpse288086f.jpg]

And... well I guess I should put this as a spoiler for anyone reading/watching the Fate seties (Stay Night, Zero, Unlimited Blade works etc.  The spoiler pertains to Shiro)

Show Content

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Freemoon - 11-09-2013

For my main, the only direct inspiration comes from a few older characters that I really enjoyed playing.  She's not a direct copy of either of them, but certain aspects of their histories and personality were used as building blocks for creating the character.  

I can't honestly say that other characters didn't indirectly provide inspiration, but I didn't use anything of other characters intentionally.  

On the other hand, I have an alt idea that is loosely inspired by a few characters including Richard from the webcomic "Looking for Group", Haruko from FLCL, Nai and Mea of Magiranger and G'nort the Green Lantern.  It might seem like an odd group of inspiration for one character, but it works in my head (although to be fair, I'm a bit odd, so that could be why Blush ).

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Ares D'Argent - 11-09-2013

While generally the backround and behavior of my character is of my own design I will admit that his physical appearance was inspired by Kain Highwind.  Though his RP storyline has been somewhat influenced by Siegfriend Schtauffen from the Soul Calibur as I realized there are a few similarities between the characters.....I think.

[Image: Kain_%28Dissidia_012%29.png]

[Image: siegfried1.jpg]

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - C'kayah Polaali - 11-10-2013

C'kayah was inspired somewhat by the Grey Mouser (from the Fritz Leiber stories), a little by Jack Harkness ('cos, c'mon, who doesn't like Captain Jack?). While I originally rolled him as a C-tribe miqo just randomly, I then discovered C'io Bekht's biography in the wiki, which started me down the path of discovering miqo and C-tribe culture. So, yeah. Definite inspiration there, too.

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Freemoon - 11-10-2013

(11-10-2013, 01:53 PM)C'kayah Tia Wrote: Jack Harkness ('cos, c'mon, who doesn't like Captain Jack?)

He used to be one of my favorite characters in the Doctor Who world, but ever since what he did at the end of "Children of Earth"...   I mean I get it, I really do.  I don't hate the character because he was trying to save all those kids, but it still left a mark on how I have seen the character ever since.

On the other hand, I've been sorely tempted to make a character loosely inspired by his ex-partner John Hart.  Not that much different in some aspects, but a little less good guy compared to Jack.  Plus everything sounds cooler when you imagine it said in the voice of James Marsters.
Laugh

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - TheLastCandle - 11-10-2013

I honestly didn't have any specific inspiration in creating Teveriel, but in his personality I can see shadows of Raistlin Majere (Dragonlance), Etienne Navarre (Ladyhawke), and al'Lan Mandragoran (Wheel of Time).

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - Qhora Bajihri - 11-12-2013

Corky!

I actually only decided that looong after Darien was built and well into development, but I like it. Yes, I do.

RE: What Characters Inspired Your Character? - C'kayah Polaali - 11-12-2013

(11-10-2013, 07:52 PM)Freemoon Wrote: I've been sorely tempted to make a character loosely inspired by his ex-partner John Hart.  Not that much different in some aspects, but a little less good guy compared to Jack.  Plus everything sounds cooler when you imagine it said in the voice of James Marsters.
Laugh

Oh, you so should! I've had the biggest mancrush on him ever since Buffy!