Hydaelyn Role-Players
When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? (/showthread.php?tid=5527)

Pages: 1 2

When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Prosopeio - 11-17-2013

Ala Mhigo, the city which calls Rhalgr the Destroyer their patron, renown for their arts of Lance and Fist... but when did it fall? I've read it was anywhere between 250 years ago to 15... can anyone give me a proper date?

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - LiadansWhisper - 11-17-2013

I believe it was 25 years prior to 1.0?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - John Spiegel - 11-17-2013

1557 of the 6th Astral Era (15 years prior to start of 1.0; 20 years prior to start of 2.0, 5 years prior to the Battle of Silvertear Skies where the Garleans and dragons battled over Silvertear Lake in Mor Dhona)

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Prosopeio - 11-17-2013

(11-17-2013, 06:06 AM)John Spiegel Wrote: 1557 of the 6th Astral Era (15 years prior to start of 1.0; 20 years prior to start of 2.0, 5 years prior to the Battle of Silvertear Skies where the Garleans and dragons battled over Silvertear Lake in Mor Dhona)
Am.. I adding all of that to make a whopping 40 years? I'm trying to learn all I can of Ala Mhigo, but I'm not exactly sure where to turn for lore...

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Gharen - 11-17-2013

Negative. 20 years before the start of the game.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:History

- After inciting unrest within the masses of Ala Mhigo, the Garleans are able to capture the city and proceed to occupy it.
- Theodorac commits suicide rather than being dethroned by the Garleans. Many of the citizens of Ala Mhigo saw the Garlean force as liberators at first. Couple this with the fact that the city was thrown into chaos, leaderless, and desperate for a new rule, the annexation and occupation of the city was relatively easy and happened near over night.
- Nidhogg destroys the town of Ferndale.
- The Dragoon Ser Alberic meets Nidhogg in combat, Ser Alberic suffers injuries that make him lose his Dragoon powers.
- Nidhogg begins it's slumber after suffering wounds.
- A Realm Reborn begins.

20 years ago from the start of ARR (2.0). I am not sure where you're getting 40. There was a pretty good summary of Ala Mhigan lore that someone compiled some time ago (try forum searching for it)

There's a timeline in the wiki section of this site with a brief outline of 1552 - 1557. The last king of Ala Mhigo, Theodric, came into power and subsequently started killing all worshipers of Rhalgr (the Fists of Rhaglr had a lot of pull in the city state; Theodric didn't like that). Over the course of five years, the internal war made the once mightiest nation on the continent rather vulnerable to the Garlean invasion which was in 1557. One could argue the downfall of Ala Mhigo happened in 1552, but 1557 was the year Theodric took his own life as opposed to being killed by his court and people on the onset of Garlean invasion.

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - LandStander - 11-17-2013

(11-17-2013, 06:37 AM)Gharen Wrote: Negative. 20 years before the start of the game.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:History

- After inciting unrest within the masses of Ala Mhigo, the Garleans are able to capture the city and proceed to occupy it.
- Theodorac commits suicide rather than being dethroned by the Garleans. Many of the citizens of Ala Mhigo saw the Garlean force as liberators at first. Couple this with the fact that the city was thrown into chaos, leaderless, and desperate for a new rule, the annexation and occupation of the city was relatively easy and happened near over night.
- Nidhogg destroys the town of Ferndale.
- The Dragoon Ser Alberic meets Nidhogg in combat, Ser Alberic suffers injuries that make him lose his Dragoon powers.
- Nidhogg begins it's slumber after suffering wounds.
- A Realm Reborn begins.

This. There is a timeline in the wiki section ^^. I have done a bit of research on it as well if you have any further question.

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Swashbuckler - 11-17-2013

In creating my characters, I actually went through this Squenix Forum entry regarding lore.

According to this, the last year of the Sixth Astral Era was the year 1572, as that was the year that major events in 1.0 took place (i.e. reinstating the three grand companies).

I would assume that the year after that or thereabouts is when Dalamud descended upon Mor Dhona, thus beginning the Seventh Umbral Era and the year reset to 0. (Or 1... This was where I was confused as to what to make my characters' year of birth.) I believe I also read somewhere that Urianger spoke about a new Umbral Era beginning back in 1.0... I'll have to go find the thing I was reading.

1557 was when Ala Mhigo was taken over by the Garland Empire. 40 years may be too much. I believe the others were correct in saying 20 (21?) years.

IT IS 20, GUYS. CAPITAL LETTERZ!

If you listen to the FMV after getting your airship pass, it's been '15' years since Silvertear Lake (2.0) and five years before that was when Ala Mhigo fell. 1572 was the last year in the 6th Astral, we are in the 5th year of the 7th Umbral at 2.0 start.

I'm sure of my math and lore-mongering. By like 10 months ago when I first came round. >.>

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - VonSchlichten - 11-18-2013

((20 years ago from "now" is right.

Gestahl fled with his family as a young child during the "3rd Great Hyruan Migration" following the fall of Ala Mhigo.  Lots of my RP and those around me are Ala Mhigan refugees, feel free to ask any questions
))

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Prosopeio - 11-18-2013

Been doing my own digging into the lore of Ala Mhigo, the Fists of RHalgr, the King of Ruin and the Garlean Invasion. Pretty deep stuff, no? I'm glad all the lore is there for one to find if one digs deep enough.

Thank you all for answering my question. 20 years fits perfectly into my timeline, and I look forward to finding other Sons and Daughters of Ala Mhigo in world ^^

(11-18-2013, 02:11 PM)Prosopeio Wrote: I look forward to finding other Sons and Daughters of Ala Mhigo in world ^^
As do I.  There is so much interesting lore behind the 5th City State and so little we know.  

I was considering trying to organize some Ala Mhigo Linkshell to keep refugees and a generation of Ala Mhigans born outside our lands to preserve our culture and history.  Gestahl only being 5 when the great Hyuran Migration happened, he doesn't remember much about his home.

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - Bryn - 11-18-2013

(11-18-2013, 02:39 PM)VonSchlichten Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 02:11 PM)Prosopeio Wrote: I look forward to finding other Sons and Daughters of Ala Mhigo in world ^^
As do I.  There is so much interesting lore behind the 5th City State and so little we know.  

I was considering trying to organize some Ala Mhigo Linkshell to keep refugees and a generation of Ala Mhigans born outside our lands to preserve our culture and history.  Gestahl only being 5 when the great Hyuran Migration happened, he doesn't remember much about his home.

Yeah, I really hope Ala Mhigo is covered in the future storyline of ARR. I wouldn't be surprised if liberating it from the Empire was the main focus of the games first expansion (which is apparently already being worked on).

I've been toying with the idea recently of an Ala Mhigan/resistance fighters LS. Would any of you be interested?

Gestahl's brother Saul fights for the Resistance.   It isn't a pretty sight.

My RP company supports the resistance through funds and materials smuggled north across the border.

A 20 year resistance is obviously not going well.  So I wanted to sorta reflect that in RP.

There's a letter on my RPC page.  It's a recent one from Saul to his brother. Recounts the horrors of the resistance and such. Of course I took some creative liberty to make things grisly since there isn't any official lore on what the situation is within  the city state.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gestahl_VonSchlichten#Rumors

RE: When did Ala Mhigo Fall? - LandStander - 11-18-2013

(11-18-2013, 12:23 PM)VonSchlichten Wrote: ((20 years ago from "now" is right.

Gestahl fled with his family as a young child during the "3rd Great Hyruan Migration" following the fall of Ala Mhigo.  Lots of my RP and those around me are Ala Mhigan refugees, feel free to ask any questions
))

I play a Garlean who was stationed in Ala Mhigo :3. He wasen't there when it fell as he was too young to serve in the military, but he was stationed there very recently. He considers all the refugee's and rebels as loyalist to the tyrant King Theodoric. They liberated the city from his horrible rule and thinks they want to return it back to the way it was. I hope to run into you terrorist soon <3