Hydaelyn Role-Players
/wave - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: /wave (/showthread.php?tid=5656)

/wave - Wombat - 11-30-2013

Hi everyone! I'm Wombat, and my main is Kodaro Ba'rococo on Balmung. 
I've been playing MMOs since I've had a computer able to, starting with Everquest and most recently shuffling between Rift and Secret World, though got the majority of my MMO experience with WoW. I enjoyed the FFXIV beta, and saw that it was on sale yesterday and I just couldn't resist.
I've RPed a bit online between MUDs, message boards, and WoW but I do a lot of tabletop RPing and even (gasp) LARPing. I'd generally classify myself as "medium" roleplayer, but depending on the stories and players/characters I get involved I can adapt to just about anything.
I'm still working on how I want to play Kodaro, but despite being a medium roleplayer I know I don't want him to be a very serious character.

I'll be happy to write more later and I'm really looking forward towards getting to RP with this group.

Fake edit: Tonberry I am in love with these little tonberries Tonberry

RE: /wave - Ventus Zeruel - 11-30-2013

(11-30-2013, 08:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Hi everyone! I'm Wombat, and my main is Kodaro Ba'rococo on Balmung. 
I've been playing MMOs since I've had a computer able to, starting with Everquest and most recently shuffling between Rift and Secret World, though got the majority of my MMO experience with WoW. I enjoyed the FFXIV beta, and saw that it was on sale yesterday and I just couldn't resist.
I've RPed a bit online between MUDs, message boards, and WoW but I do a lot of tabletop RPing and even (gasp) LARPing. I'd generally classify myself as "medium" roleplayer, but depending on the stories and players/characters I get involved I can adapt to just about anything.
I'm still working on how I want to play Kodaro, but despite being a medium roleplayer I know I don't want him to be a very serious character.

I'll be happy to write more later and I'm really looking forward towards getting to RP with this group.

Fake edit: Tonberry I am in love with these little tonberries Tonberry

Hello! Good to see someone from such a diverse amount of mmo's =]. I'm like that myself, jumping from game to game and testing out new characters. After I built my new pc I got into games like Tera and Dragon Nest, then when i tried 1.0 of ffxiv i just got hooked. Glad to see it revamped eh?

Well anyways it's nice to meet you! Let me know if you want a friend in game to rp with! =] and I like Cactaurs..Cactuar

RE: /wave - Lutra - 11-30-2013

Hello, Wombat! :D Welcome! 

-gasp- LARPing! 

Hehe, that's cool. <3 I hope you enjoy yourself here. If you ever see my character Rhesh'ir Zhwan running around, feel free to stop for some RP~

RE: /wave - Faye - 11-30-2013

Welcome, it's good to meet another LARPer! Nice to have you here! Big Grin

RE: /wave - Demi - 11-30-2013

Welcome to the community, Wombat, nice to meet you! I'm trying to get several of my friends to take advantage of the sale as well, glad to see it is bringing new players for me to also be new with. xD

Feel free to RP with me if you see Demi Ralenah about or just ask if you need any help! :)

RE: /wave - Wombat - 12-01-2013

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I haven't done much RP on account of being in Learn the Game mode, but I'm up to 17 or 18 and ready to just explore and mess around a bit. I'm actually logging in right now. Say hi if you Kodaro in Ul'dah!

RE: /wave - Olofantur - 12-02-2013

Greetings Wombat!

I too made my venture into the world of mmos (primarily) with EQ, while I suppose UO could trump it, but I just sat next to my uncle doing what he told me, I was too young... WoW was a long time home for me, I was on the Steamwheedle Cartel mostly, but I did have an alt on Twisting Nether and WRA. Did you spend much time on any of those servers? The communities could be.. interesting.

I've seen you post on a few of the other "Welcome" entries that have been made so i'll skip the deluge of links and just wish you best of luck out in the world, please feel free to strike up conversation with me if you see me about in the world (I do run IC, usually huffing and puffing.)

Good luck out there! Cactuar

RE: /wave - Roen - 12-05-2013

Late to the party...

... but I love your avatar.  And the wombat.

Carry on.  Big Grin

RE: /wave - Olofantur - 12-05-2013

Hope you managed to get an invite to Balmungs Finest yesterday, sorry that I only contacted you as I was winding down for the night :<

RE: /wave - Wombat - 12-05-2013

I saw the message but it got a bit buried, and I didn't reply because I'm a big jerk. Or a was afk.50/50 on that. I will, scheduling gods providing, be on during much more reasonable hours today.

RE: /wave - Olofantur - 12-05-2013

(12-05-2013, 02:27 PM)Wombat Wrote: I saw the message but it got a bit buried, and I didn't reply because I'm a big jerk. Or a was afk.50/50 on that. I will, scheduling gods providing, be on during much more reasonable hours today.

Its alright, your speaking with the king of the arseholes anyways.

I'll try to pop in and grab you an invite!