Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood (/showthread.php?tid=5720)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - belderiver - 12-07-2013

So my understanding of FC housing is that it happens in instanced neighbourhoods. It'd be awesome if we could get some roleplaying guilds together as neighbours, but to do that will naturally require some co-ordination, because it's first-come-first-serve.

This thread is to try to co-ordinate that!

Gilgamesh folks, head over here!

----

So here's the deal: If your FC is in the market for a house and you want to help make an RP neighbourhood, here's what you have to do:

1. Fill out the short form in this thread and post here.
  2. Scan the thread for people you'd like to be neighbours with - post about it!
  3. DON'T buy housing until a purchase date for your group has been selected from the thread!
Once FCs start posting here, I'll update a list grouped by location and desired purchase time. FCs can co-ordinate among themselves and ideally we'll wind up with a bunch of housing purchase times that'll give us a big ol' neighbourhood of RPers.

-----

FC Name: Your company's name.
Location: Will your company be buying housing in The Goblet, Mist, or Lavender Beds?
Active Periods: When is your FC most active? This is optional, but will help people decide who will make good neighbourhoods!
Desired Purchase Date/Time: Because FCs will have to buy houses one after another, everyone in your housing group will have to do it together. When is a good time for your FC to do this?
Looking for: What do you look for in a neighbour? Here's where to list any FCs you'd like to share an instance with, if you already have some in mind.
Contact: Who should people get in touch with to talk about becoming a neighbour to your FC?

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - belderiver - 12-07-2013

Undecided
Lavender Beds
The Goblet
Mist

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Fenrir - 12-07-2013

FC Name:  Lansquenet
Location:  We'll decide after we get a better look at the areas, but we are leaning towards Lavender Beds for IC reasons.
Active Periods:  Usually anywhere from 5-12PM EST.
Desired Purchase Date/Time:  Two or three days after the patch hits, when we've had enough time to look around and decide between the three housing areas.  This is, of course, assuming housing does not cost a prohibitive amount at launch.
Looking For:  Medium to Heavy RPers. Anyone that might get a kick out being in the same neighborhood with performance/con artists. It would be nice to find a rival free company, lawmen and guards and the like, to have a kind of back-and-forth thing.  Other criminals, obviously. 

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - LandStander - 12-07-2013

Wonderful thread idea. I was just speaking with my company leader about hoping that the RP guilds would band together and we could get as many neighbors as possible. I was a bit worried that people would RP more in their free company area housing and not out in the world, but this would solve all of my fears.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Fenrir - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 01:52 AM)LandStander Wrote: Wonderful thread idea. I was just speaking with my company leader about hoping that the RP guilds would band together and we could get as many neighbors as possible. I was a bit worried that people would RP more in their free company area housing and not out in the world, but this would solve all of my fears.
I have a small, niggling worry of that as well, but I don't think open world RP will die, and having pure RP housing neighborhoods is too good a thing to pass up.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - LiadansWhisper - 12-08-2013

It was pointed out to me that it's a bidding system.  :-\  With a time period.  So anyone who wants to troll/interfere can ruin the entire thing.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Olofantur - 12-08-2013

(12-08-2013, 04:36 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: It was pointed out to me that it's a bidding system.  :-\  With a time period.  So anyone who wants to troll/interfere can ruin the entire thing.

I'm really hoping that they have a minimum bid system, and perhaps a "buyout" option for a high price to stop just this... some arse running about adding one gil to land spots all wheel of fortune style would be a pain.

That and maybe a way to "watch" a property, an ingame notification like the mail to update you when some one bids on a plot that you've been looking for? Hrm..

Also (since I was told I could go ahead and post on behalf of the group):
FC Name: The OS&R
Location: The Lavender Beds (I wanted the Goblet, Q_Q) Idealy a large plot, a lot has been saved.
Active Periods: 6pm EST - to Late, some "day time" players
Desired Purchase Date/Time: ASAP, have the day of patch booked off
Looking for: No one in particular, a merchant group would be nice.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - belderiver - 12-08-2013

OS&R have been added!

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - raindrops - 12-08-2013

(12-08-2013, 04:36 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: It was pointed out to me that it's a bidding system.  :-\  With a time period.  So anyone who wants to troll/interfere can ruin the entire thing.

If I'm remembering correctly, the bidding will work in reverse. It'll start off at a high price and then gradually get lower until someone's willing to pay that price.

Which does mean we may need to be willing to pay the higher prices to get everyone into the same neighbourhood, but at the same time it means that people can't troll/interfere by artificially raising prices. The only thing they could do is pay a premium to get their FC house into an area where they probably don't actually want it to be, and I don't think even the most dedicated trolls are that dedicated.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - ArmachiA - 12-08-2013

FC Name: Night Blades
Location: Mist - please note we will be buying at the same time as our alliance guild The Grim Echo so please consider them as well Smile
Active Periods: Always, mostly in the evening, but definitely all day.
Desired Purchase Date/Time: ASAP. We may or may not have enough as soon as the patch hits (We'll know when they release prices) but we have plenty of gil for this.
Looking for: The big thing we are doing is being neighbors with the Grim Echo, other than that I don't really care so long as you'er roleplayers ;o. Please note we are going to try for the largest land in the instance.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Lutra - 12-08-2013

FC Name: Aethereal Warriors
Active Periods: 8:00pm until 1:00am Eastern Time
Desired Purchase Date/Time: Any time after 9:00pm should be fine.
Looking for: We are a hodgepodge adventurer group that stars mainly miqo'te, as it were. Not intentional, by the way! XD I think we'd get along with pretty much anyone, save for high brow noble houses, or something. Though, that would be interesting. ;D

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - LandStander - 12-08-2013

(12-08-2013, 03:20 PM)raindrops Wrote:

If I'm remembering correctly, the bidding will work in reverse. It'll start off at a high price and then gradually get lower until someone's willing to pay that price.

Which does mean we may need to be willing to pay the higher prices to get everyone into the same neighbourhood, but at the same time it means that people can't troll/interfere by artificially raising prices. The only thing they could do is pay a premium to get their FC house into an area where they probably don't actually want it to be, and I don't think even the most dedicated trolls are that dedicated.
Ah! Thank you! I had forgotten about that. I think they said the price would fall every 8 hours or something, right?

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Michikyou - 12-08-2013

FC Name: Morbolvine Clan
Active Periods: Odd hours during the week. Depends on people.
Desired Purchase Date/Time: ASAP
Looking for: Non-woodwailers, maybe some taverns.shops?

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - belderiver - 12-08-2013

Everyone above Morbolvine has been added.

RE: [Balmung] FC housing and a Roleplaying Neighbourhood - Rinh Hallani - 12-09-2013

FC Name: The Travellers Guild
Active Periods: Most active from 3 pm to 12 am GMT
Desired Purchase Date/Time: ASAP
Looking for: Nothing in particular although EU time zone would be great.
Contact: Rinh Hallani, Taeh Marchand, Darte Skyphire or U'tara Taki